Gothic Lolita

Started by Ari, November 05, 2005, 11:01:57 AM

Ari

Anyone dressing up this year? And was there still the Loli tea party and such.. Gathering? Anything?

Nina Star 9

talk to felicity about that tea party thing. i hope she has it again this year! :D 'twas awesome.

well, i never will dress loli to a con, seeing as i dress that way in normal everyday life, and dressing in the fashion to a con makes me feel like i am not putting in enough effort to a costume by just wearing normal clothes. but i will, however, be wearing a loli-inspired costume from a music video by the lovely and taleted amano tsukiko, so i think i will still qualify as at least semi-loli. :D

MeliCat

I was curious about any developments with the Lolita Tea Party and thought I'd bring this thread back to life. : D Anyone planning on dressing in their lolita clothes or making tea for Fanime 2006?

Kazuko

^^ Yeah I always dress Lolita (when my parental units arent arround) and Im sure as heck im going to wear it for fanime 06!

hopefully i can make it out to tea <3

MeliCat

I may wear a lolita dress to fanime... but I wear them all the time, so it seems like I'm wasting cosplay time...hmmm... : D Maybe I'll wear it anyways! XD

grove

lol i feel the same as well, but lately i've sort of grown out of it... shame since i have too many loli pieces that are now at goodwill hahaha. if i do go to the tea i may make a cake and dress aristocrat, but again, will have to wait and see.
The chicka with the kick.

Nina Star 9

this year i prmoise to not forget my cookies that i made at home, okay? :3

hellangel

Quote from: "grove"lol i feel the same as well, but lately i've sort of grown out of it... shame since i have too many loli pieces that are now at goodwill hahaha. if i do go to the tea i may make a cake and dress aristocrat, but again, will have to wait and see.

goodwill? where????
you should have sold them o__o
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

hakudoushi

Quote from: "hellangel"
Quote from: "grove"lol i feel the same as well, but lately i've sort of grown out of it... shame since i have too many loli pieces that are now at goodwill hahaha. if i do go to the tea i may make a cake and dress aristocrat, but again, will have to wait and see.

goodwill? where????
you should have sold them o__o
no, she shouldve given them to me. @w@

if there is one, i want to be there! >o<
no really, i have a pet ninja.

gmontem

Bump.  Is felicity still organizing this?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

hellangel

there's an Applesugar loli teaparty scheduled on the cosplay gathering list
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

felicity869

Quote from: "gmontem"Bump.  Is felicity still organizing this?
Of course. What would Fanime be w/o a giant gothic lolita gathering at the park? :) I'm thinking it will be on Saturday in the early afternoon. I think if it ends up being bigger than last year my head might explode ;)

The lovely lady that runs Applesugar is also hosting one on Sunday. Not sure where though.

kam_islash

Loli?
Thats perverted...
And its going to attract the wrong kind of guys to Fanime.
I want to express this undying passion with my entire body tonight.

Kazuko

=\ umm we are talking about Gothic Lolita, a street style from japan. its not dirty.

gmontem

Quote from: "kam_islash"Loli?
Thats perverted...
And its going to attract the wrong kind of guys to Fanime.
Well it sure hasn't yet.  EGL isn't brand spanking new to Fanime.

i feel so loved!

Captaine Kit

Siiiiiiick, I 'm making cookies at home tooo!  Just take them over to le Salon.  Wipe your feet and siddown to speak some French, cause I'm dying fo' somma that 'euhhhh, parce que . . . ' out here.  I just came out with the name for my booth space, so my thought process says it's only fate that you get to hear about it.  En anglais:  The Unlucky Club.  Huttah.

Jeez is my ADD showing?
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

Elysium

Anyone biased towards a gothic loli crossplayer?

I wanted to do something crazy awesome this year and just thought that would be something to remember. My best friiend and I will be gothloli crossplaying. We have male costumes though, we're going as Rabi and Allen Walker from D Gray Man as well. But I think the Gothic Loli will be our highlights.

=D

gmontem

Quote from: "Elysium"Anyone biased towards a gothic loli crossplayer?
At least one attended the Tea Party gathering last year so you should be ok.

i feel so loved!

Kazuko

I love loli boys :3 I cant wait to see <3 and oooh tea too I cant wait for that!

D:< im not gonna oversleep this time!!

Elysium

I've not been to the tea party. What's that like? Anyone have any photos of the party so I know what to expect? This is actually our first con that we're completely going all out on. We've never dressed up before and this will be my 2nd Fanime con. I'm coming a long way to be at fanime again because it was a blast last year. Although we didn't plan last year either, it was real sponteneous.

Here's the story!...

Heck yes! It's that time of year again when I get to go all out crazy at an anime con. Yes, it will be better than last year where I got up on stage and striped for the babes in the YAOI contest. (I got called newbie last year cuz I didn't have a costume! LOL) This year, I'll be more prepared (last year we found out about the striping contest just about last minute as it was our first Fanime con) This year, I'm dressing up!

I have two costumes. One is the Allen Walker costume from D-Grey Man, and the other is DA DA DA DA!!! GOTHIC LOLI! Yes, I will crossplay at least one day this year. Think Suigintou from Rozen Maiden.

This year me and my buddy decided that we're tired of being the attendee's who are taking the pics.

'WE WANT TO BE IN THE PICS' we shouted.

Then we were thinking, 'What would get us a lot of attention?' My buddy mentioned that the guys the dress up like girls get lots of attention. I said, 'I'm NOT dressing up in a girl outfit.'
To which he replied,
'Girls like guys who are comfortable with their sexuality. And besides, most of the girls we saw there, dressed up like guys. So it's not going to be as bad as you think.'
Then I said, 'OK, but nothing too crazy.'

So then it began. I started browsing jlist.com because I saw some, not custumes, but female school uniforms. I mentioned it to my friend and he's said,
'Nah man, lets go all out. In anime, does anyone care about the random anime school girl? No. They don't get the guys. They don't save the day. And in some anime, they get killed!'

'ACK!' I said.

Ok, so we're dressing up hardcore this year. First it was maid out fits.
I said 'Nah, my white legs would be too white to expose. Especially in California!' (I'm from Seattle)
'True, true.'
'We'll think of something.' He replied.

We're going for the look from the girls from Rozen Maiden. I saw someone from that anime at one of the vendors and thought that was hella sexy. So we're going for that this year.

I think we're going to have a blast! I mean, how many guys have you seen go gothic loli? I've not seen too many either here in Seattle or at San Jose cons.