Gothic Lolita

Started by Ari, November 05, 2005, 11:01:57 AM

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "Midnight Ryoko"is the lolita gathering going to be joint with the Jrockers again this year...? Because last year I was the only jrocker. ^^; (I was seek, the one painted entirely blue, if you remember me. XD ) So...um, yes, if someone would tell me. XD thanks.
:O i remeber you! i was the catgirl lolitaish maid chick! :O let me just tell you that it took me weks to clean the blue paint off of that ring! >.<

heehee. i am sure that you are welcome. <3 (and i hope i will be, too, seeing as i will be dressed j-rock as well~ "koe" PV amano, of course~ <3)

Midnight Ryoko

XD;;;;! Gomen ne. ^^;;; I stained the hotel room at the Marriot blue as well and took the wash cloth home for a souvenir. XD;; I'll bring a straw this time if you'd like. *glomps and runs away for fear of leaving blue stains* XP
"If all the world was painted dark, and all the skies turned grey, then please tell me [if you could] when would it be day?"

Ayanami Rei First Child

I might do a Gothic Loli think for Fanime....Crossplaying....anyone know a good site I could go to?^^; There's one site that hard this great outfit, but it only came in Medium and I don't think I could fit in there seeing as how I'm over 6' T_T

Rowan

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"I might do a Gothic Loli think for Fanime....Crossplaying....anyone know a good site I could go to?^^; There's one site that hard this great outfit, but it only came in Medium and I don't think I could fit in there seeing as how I'm over 6' T_T
well, i know you can order from:
www.cosmates.jp
http://www.babyssb.co.jp/
http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/english/
and maybe from angelic pretty, but i forgot ^^.
there's also on ebay

Nina Star 9

cdjapan sells moite clothes~ <33333

umm... was it www.cdjapan.co.jp ?

Kazuko

O: yeah at redonculous prices XD

well you could try to use a shipping overseas place like cresent shop :3 you order to them what brand of clothes you want from which store and all and pay and they will mail it to you

=D also closet child sells overseas too! (but they require creditcards only ><)

www.closet-child.com

Captaine Kit

The -Hip Gothic- of fan extrusion.  What could still survive as tasteful underground style is quickly disintigrating to make a killing off of you people!

Have a philosophy in your mundane activities, people!  Communication thru clothing is one of them!
FanimeCon Presents: Antagonite Fashion

Nina Star 9

actually, i have started to desgin a dress baed off of the despcription that you gave earlier in the thread, kit. <3 it looks nice, so far.

and i am trying to gather ideas for more colours and patterns and types of things in loli dresses, but it is so hard to find the time to desgin and make all of this! ~ - ~

Captaine Kit

Haaaaail yeah!

Ideas are still dime-a-dozen.  The design part involves thoughtfulness, a memory of outside experiences, and refined craftsmanship to make something truly memorable.

In any case, you are like mini-Dante Basco as Rufio of the Lost Boys!  Let's have a show of fists fo' our own sistah Nina! Awooooooh!

Power.

Alexandria

I'll be dressing lolita. I'm not allowed to wear the stuff often so it will be all fun and ruffles for me. :D I hope to see you guys there...

Midnight Ryoko

does anyone know where I can buy NICE EGA clothing..? Not EGL, but EGA. >>:
"If all the world was painted dark, and all the skies turned grey, then please tell me [if you could] when would it be day?"

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I've made up my mind. This boy is going to go Gothic Lolita!! ^^;;

Ayanami Rei First Child

Please be gentle when I got....it'll be my first time crossplaying....and I've never cosplayed before either!! T_T

Also I hate to ask for more, but....does anyone know a good place to get the makeup for Gothic Lolita?^^;;;

Rowan

I really look forward to meeting peoples \^_^/

makeup? I just use regular stuff ^^. Then again, I usually don't wear makeup.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I look foward to meeting everyone here. Although I don't know if I can get off work long enough for the tea party....I didn't know about it at the time I took my job.....AND Saturday is going to be a day when there's no extra help..... :cry:  :cry:

Captaine Kit

Woooo makeup . . .

There's no such thing as a place to get 'gothic makeup'.  Gothic is a lifestyle, but before that, it's an image.  So go get a consultation for the image you want to achieve.  Try MAC consultants, for they know their customers are usually comfortable with something wild and bold.

Some brands cater to a certain look, but don't let that stop you from asking.
Do not get CoverGirl or other cheap drugstore stuff.  It will make you break out faster than other brands.  L'Oréal is good and inexpensive; that same company manufactures Lancôme cosmetics.  They are of haut qualité!

Last of all, do not invest in anything that changes the consistency of your complexion.  I encourage you to stay away from concealers, face powders, heavy blushes, and other powders or creams that go on your cheeks.  Trust me; do not wear the Halloween crap.  Do not improvise with cheapos when it comes to yo'face.

Why risk breaking out and damaging your skin permanently?  If you want to play up the pallor for a gothic look, wear contrasting clothes and eye/lip makeup.  You are going for porcelaine, not bone dry.  Same rule as contact lenses: do not wear makeup for too long at a time, and go wash up so you can reapply.

Charming_Dorian

I'll be going if I am not scheduled to be staffing then... I will be wearing black and white because contrary to what everyone else  I despise color :P (With the exception of one red dress with black lace).  Also I doubt I could get the black dress I've been eyeing for a while now.
gloom gloom gloom :3

gmontem

Quote from: "Charming_Dorian"I'll be going if I am not scheduled to be staffing then... I will be wearing black and white because contrary to what everyone else  I despise color :P (With the exception of one red dress with black lace).  Also I doubt I could get the black dress I've been eyeing for a while now.
gloom gloom gloom :3

You should get ChenCzen to do EGL, too, hehe.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Elysium

Oh yeah, makeup! I'm not very good at makeup (since I'm a guy) and gothic makeup to boot. Would it be ok to hire a helping hand? I'd be willing to pay like, 25 bucks per application for me and my buddy. Or pay for a meal at one of the hotel restaurants for you and a friend. This makeup thing is one thing I totally forgot. I had my Aunt come over for a makeup session on Tuesday to get an idea of what I would look like with makeup, but I totally zoned out that I would have to apply it!
I'm looking for somone that could help with gothic style makeup.

So, anyone interested in helping out two guys?

MeliCat

Does anyone know a good site or shop to get a parasol?