r u going or dressing up at con?

hell yeah!!!
8 (100%)
i hope to
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: November 09, 2005, 08:44:36 PM

Ranma-Chan06

seeing as quite a few are going as Ranma which one do you intend to love though lol Glomps all around XD

zoupzuop2

Hm... it seems that in the previous "Roll Call", someone lumped all the Ranmas together. Maybe if it were sorted by Kun and Chan (Male and Female), it would stop some confusion.

...or is ANYONE going as Ranma Chan? (Unfortunately, it's difficult enough to go as Kun as it is... I've yet to test the whole costume... but I'm under the Kun list.)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Ranma-Chan06

id consider going as Ranma chan but wouldnt be bothered id either go as Kun or Chan but it would be easy to pull off chan as its only a case of doing my hair red which doesnt bother me besides fellas dress up as sailor moon so im sure ill get away as ranma chan lol

Kyle stabell

Quote from: "Ranma-Chan06"id consider going as Ranma chan but wouldnt be bothered id either go as Kun or Chan but it would be easy to pull off chan as its only a case of doing my hair red which doesnt bother me besides fellas dress up as sailor moon so im sure ill get away as ranma chan lol
a guy dressing up as girl Ranma? o_O..... *shutters*
Cosplay costumes:
2 Ranma outfits - 100% done
Himura Kenshin - 100% done
MGS2 guard - 85% done

Ranma-Chan06

[/quote]a guy dressing up as girl Ranma? o_O..... *shutters*[/quote]

hey no offense but does it matter if i went as female Ranma or not its the character i like so fair enough noones saying you have to but I would I am quite offended actually at the end of the day I dont make a point of going around as a female through everyday life and anime cons are there so you can go as who you like without getting judged and to have a laugh at the end of the as I have said fellas go as sailor moon and the likes which isnt exactly my cup of tea but I respect the courage they have so at the end of the day sorry if I have offended you in anyway but its what id do so please dont bust my balls over it

Kyle stabell

Quote from: "Ranma-Chan06"
Quote from: "Kyle stabell"a guy dressing up as girl Ranma? o_O..... *shutters*

hey no offense but does it matter if i went as female Ranma or not its the character i like so fair enough noones saying you have to but I would I am quite offended actually at the end of the day I dont make a point of going around as a female through everyday life and anime cons are there so you can go as who you like without getting judged and to have a laugh at the end of the as I have said fellas go as sailor moon and the likes which isnt exactly my cup of tea but I respect the courage they have so at the end of the day sorry if I have offended you in anyway but its what id do so please dont bust my balls over it
sorry.....I'm just used to guys cosplaying only as guys....girls on the other hand I've seen do both on a somewhat regular basis....
Cosplay costumes:
MGS2 guard - 85% done

zoupzuop2

I believe there's a thread devoted to what you find irregular, Kyle. Look for "Crossdressing Cosplayers" in this very forum. You'll find both sexes going both ways.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Ranma-Chan06

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"I believe there's a thread devoted to what you find irregular, Kyle. Look for "Crossdressing Cosplayers" in this very forum. You'll find both sexes going both ways.

thanks for that zoup zoup, Kyle once you read that forum if you choose to anyway noones forcing you, crossplaying you will see im not the only fella who'd go as the opposite sex girls arent the only ones who do crossplaying although what you did say Kyle was your opinion which I cant knock you for you where just saying what you thought which I do respect the fact you do have an opinion as opposed to a mindless follower of trends so to speak

Ranma-Chan06

seeing as I dont live in the US i can hardly ask my mum to book me in the marriot hotel and I dont have any friends 19+ who like anime Im only 16 and so is my mate so it looks like I will have to wait for 2 years first which is annoying I was planning at staying at the Marriot Hotel but there age policy is ridiculous so I shall not be gracing my presence at the Fanimecon even if I had the money for it by the looks of things

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "Ranma-Chan06"seeing as I dont live in the US i can hardly ask my mum to book me in the marriot hotel and I dont have any friends 19+ who like anime Im only 16 and so is my mate so it looks like I will have to wait for 2 years first which is annoying I was planning at staying at the Marriot Hotel but there age policy is ridiculous so I shall not be gracing my presence at the Fanimecon even if I had the money for it by the looks of things
Uh, there ARE some hotels around Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, from which San Jose is just a bus drive away. There's a Hilton in Scotts Valley (Along with one other Inn, but it's rather iffy.), as well as a MULTITUDE of hotels in Santa Cruz... WITHIN ONE MILE OF THE OCEAN, and Boardwalk. Very nice hotels, some very cheap ones too.

I'm sure one of those would work for you, and the Bus system is JUUUST easy enough to get the hang of. And I'm sure ONE of the hotels nearby has no such age policy. We sixteen year olds have to sleep somewhere, ne? ('Course, I live in Scotts Valley, so I have little CHOICE other than the bus.)

Ranma-Chan06

quote]
Uh, there ARE some hotels around Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz, from which San Jose is just a bus drive away. There's a Hilton in Scotts Valley (Along with one other Inn, but it's rather iffy.), as well as a MULTITUDE of hotels in Santa Cruz... WITHIN ONE MILE OF THE OCEAN, and Boardwalk. Very nice hotels, some very cheap ones too.

I'm sure one of those would work for you, and the Bus system is JUUUST easy enough to get the hang of. And I'm sure ONE of the hotels nearby has no such age policy. We sixteen year olds have to sleep somewhere, ne? ('Course, I live in Scotts Valley, so I have little CHOICE other than the bus.)[/quote]

yep they probably would but you have one advantage I dont your journey only involves a bus ride I have to get a plane from the UK which wouldn't be cheap then Id have to try and find the hotels and learn the bus system there I dont particulary no my way round the states I can barely get around my home town of Liverpool so I shudder to think how lost Id get trying to find the bus station there lol although not as badly as Ryouga even I aint that bad

zoupzuop2

Well, from which airport will you be coming to Fanime (meaning, where does your plane to America take you? San Francisco? San Jose? Sanscreen and Santan lotion? Carlos Santana?)?
(...okay, those were bad. My apologies.)

Chances are, you'll be not too far from San Jose Airport ("SJC"). From there it's a simple ride down to the Convention hall, from which there are bus times posted at the bus stop. From there, take DASH (Downtown Area Shuttle), Route 804 by Light Rail, to the Diridion Station, which is the portal for all buses, including the Highway 17 Express. THAT will take you to Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz, and back to San Jose.

www.vta.org

...I think it is. HWY17 Express is one of the far later numbers in the list to the left (provided, of course, the link is accurate.)

YamiMegumi

Hmm...I was thinking...Should we do a masquarde skit?

zoupzuop2

I dunno... I'd do it, but
*we'd have to meet, and I hardly have the flexibility of schedule
*we'd have to write it, which I'd love to do, but... again with flexibility.
*we'd have to score it. THIS I have no problem with. I've created remixes of a few Ranma songs, all of them techno mixes, but some still usable in their original contexts. I just can't write new songs. If you need some tunes, let me know.
*we'd have to act it... and, although I've been in quite a few musicals, plays and skits, I doubt that I'm ready for such a stunt. This IS, after all, my first convention, and I don't want to get TOO deep into it all YET.

Maybe next year, I could have a script written, I'll know you all well enough, I'll have some better time-flexibility to practice with you guys, I'll have some better remixes of the original tunes, and I'll know what it takes to actually DO a masq skit.

Kyle stabell

I know you're trying to help zoupzuop, but if I remember correctly the highway 17 bus does NOT run on weakends or holidays such as memorial day (the weekend of the convention). as far as where the plane would come in, my bets are on the plain landing in SFO, the only flights that San Jose supports that go international are to Canada, Mexico and resently it was opened up for flights to China....as far as the planes coming from the UK, unless he's gona make some kind of transfer (somewhere near denver as far as north/south) it will land in San Fransisco

Edit: even when HWY17 does run it's only during commuter hours
Cosplay costumes:
MGS2 guard - 85% done

zoupzuop2

zoupzuop2

Ah! An update for this thread!

My "Under $5" costume has become an "Under $10" costume! I just went down to the new Goodwill in town and got me a nice red shirt... all I have to do is remove the pocket, get the weird button-thingies, get a white undershirt and roll up the sleeves...

...and I'll have pictures as soon as I can. :)

Ranma-Chan06

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Ah! An update for this thread!

My "Under $5" costume has become an "Under $10" costume! I just went down to the new Goodwill in town and got me a nice red shirt... all I have to do is remove the pocket, get the weird button-thingies, get a white undershirt and roll up the sleeves...

I look forward to seeing your costume then zoup zoup ive still yet to get the shirt however there is a good chinatown here in liverpool so im sure one of the shops there will  have a shirt similar to Ranma's style or exactly like it hopefully by the way good display piccy by your name zoup zoup i like it

Kyle stabell

I look forward to seeing your costume then zoup zoup ive still yet to get the shirt however there is a good chinatown here in liverpool so im sure one of the shops there will  have a shirt similar to Ranma's style or exactly like it hopefully by the way good display piccy by your name zoup zoup i like it
we should have some kind of contest to see who comes the closest to the real outfit.....I'd pretty much win by default if the shirt didn't have pockets in the front :mrgreen:

maybe I should use my origonal outfit again....first year I went as him I used the gi he wore in china
Cosplay costumes:
MGS2 guard - 85% done

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "Kyle stabell"

we should have some kind of contest to see who comes the closest to the real outfit.....I'd pretty much win by default if the shirt didn't have pockets in the front :mrgreen:

maybe I should use my origonal outfit again....first year I went as him I used the gi he wore in china
Here's what I did to get the pocket off:
*Grab Razor Blade
*CAREFULLY cut thread
*?????
*Profit!