4chan panel?

Started by Magical Senpai, November 16, 2005, 10:08:48 PM

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "creme"
It's been a while since I was knowledgable about the whole fanime thing, so I don't remember if meetups were something completely seperate from panels. A meetup is what I'm talking about, but 4chan really has nothing to share as a panel other than "donate2 4chan, moar /s/ 4 u". If moot and other 4channers would be willing to come, it would be a neat meetup.

The meetups were seperate and mostly people from somethingawful.com (ie Goons) who are also 4channers. I disagree that 4chan has nothing to offer because it is a big part of otaku culture here in America. That being a spin off from 2 channel which is the largest image BBS in Japan. Even famous artists and directors have posted on 2 channel and Densha Otoko was formed from posts there.

I know it has been asked of Team 4chan if they would come to fanime to have a panel, but I guess it is up to have one hosted? If people are worried that the content discussed is too obscene, then perhaps have the panel done in the later hours 11pm-midnite. If fanime can have a hentai/yaoi video rooms, we should be able to have a 4chan panel. JMO.

Minagi-chan

<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Jelly Soup

Quote from: "creme"4chan gave birth to all the best memes ever. No one is aloud to badmouth 4chan or say it has nothing to offer if they have ever said "ORLY"/"YARLY" or even chuckled at it, because that was a 4chan creation. :)

O RLY was created by 4chan. YA RLY was created by Something Awful.

misfits_cure

yeah, 4chan is by far the greatist thing ever. id die if they had 4chan anyhting at fanime. :-3
:3

ced1106

Shove it in the first hour of H night or something. The panel would discuss such topics as "behind the scenes" material, the history and memes of 4chan, what it's like to run an "Anonymous" site, and *why* 4chan is such a popular image site. Although why we're talking about it when no one's stepped forward to actually run the panel is, ha ha, moot.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

RyuHayabusa

Ced: we could have a cutout of him lol XD
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Ced: we could have a cutout of him lol XD

We could probally have him on the panel via IM or IRC?

But I dunno if he wants to be up that late being that he is EST and all. I guess I can ask since I know the mods there. If no official panel, I guess there could be a secret one somewhere in the con. LOL

OniCourseMusha

FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

hosoi-koe

4chan panel?! NO WAI!

I'll be cosplaying as Waha! XD

I posted a /b/tards UNITE thread in the cosplay board to see if anyone would cosplay something from 4chan. I wanna see a longcat. D:
~ Jun Watarase <3

alkaline

The "Damn You Internets: So You Want to Be a VIP Star?" Panel was probably about as close to a 4Chan as I think anyone would want to get. We covered 4/Not/Ko/Guro/And a few other Chans. It went over really well.

For as much as a "4Chan Panel" would rock, it wouldn't exactly fly unless Moot or someone flew out here to make it official. Until then, Damn You Internets!

Ruby

;_; I wish we could get moot or someone to come to a 4chan panel at Fanime...then it'd be official, and it would DEFINITELY help get more people to Fanime :D We could get even bigger (yay, additions to the family!)

Ahh, moot, if only...

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Moonblossom

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"voted YES

We need 4chan panel! even better if there is a panel with 4chan vs gaiaonline! OOOOOOHH!H!! :twisted:

Noo! I'd be totally conflicted T_T I'm addicted to both.

I'd totally go to a 4chan panel if it didn't conflict with the Gaia panel

~~Loktera~~

Just be sure W.T. Snacks stays home.

Around Snacks, never relax.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Asa_Gohan

Bumped for great justice!!

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

alkaline

This didn't need a bump since it's (a) not happening and (b) --

http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=6651

Crazy_Saiko

i might go if i see Pedo Bear -^^-
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

madmanlotar

Hi, I am from LUELinks and I will be there if you have a panel.

alkaline

Quote from: "alkaline"This didn't need a bump since it's (a) not happening and (b) --

http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=6651