what genres of animes do you watch more than others?

Started by Darryl Mendoza, November 21, 2005, 08:39:09 PM

Darryl Mendoza

I want to know what other people generally like to see in the animes that they watch. I really like the comedy genres and also with some action. What ever you say don't say hentai. only if it is implied like in GreenGreen.
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Tsubasa

I watch a good deal of stuff.  I tend to gravitate towards more comedy, slice-of-life, action, and romance though.  And there is one factor that can influence me to watch a series, irregardless of everything else: moe.  I am a huge fan of moe.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

YoureMyHiro

Generally Im super shounen, so I prefer harem, comedy and action types although now and again, if you look real hard in the dark recesses of an arcade or coffee shop, you might find me perusing an Ohirune art book or reading my Kare Kano mangas.

RyuHayabusa

1st of all, for me, it has to have a plot and well designed characters. It does help if:

a)a Famous Studio is producing
b)A famous director/manga-ka is involved
c)It draws me in quickly and never lets go(example: Mai Hime and Kannaduki no Miko)
d)Characters that I can relate to.
e)a combination of all of the above. :D

so yeah, those are my requirements hehehe :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jyunishinsho

If it features a girl with blue hair, red eyes, and is single, I'll fall for it.

--

haha, in other news...
I'd watch any new anime if it is ORIGINAL. That's my main perk. Plus I avoid any anime that is overdone, overpopulated, or too americanized.

Sunara Ishi

I don't really have any particular genre. I watch almost anything/willing to give almost any anime a try. I do lean towards supernatural, comedy, action, romance, etc. I suppose I somewhat lean towards moe. >.>
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

KimaLucifer

I watch a scatter of series.

Mainly Dark/horror types catch my eyes. (Trinity Blood/Jigoku Shoujo...)
Then the ones with crazy characters catch my eyes. (Eyeshield 21/JaPan)

I think the ones I probably DON'T watch would be all the romanced-out/Big breasted women just because(fanservice)/ Not so original anime.

So basically subtract any series with those and I watch that :3
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Tsukai Mori

I try all romance and comedy animes at least once. This is a good and bad thing given that some harem animes just make me want to hit the main character.
I shy away from gorey animes, but that doesn't mean I don't watch them. Hellsing I can handle, but I can't touch Elfen Lied. I don't get it.

Chloe

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"I try all romance and comedy animes at least once. This is a good and bad thing given that some harem animes just make me want to hit the main character.
I shy away from gorey animes, but that doesn't mean I don't watch them. Hellsing I can handle, but I can't touch Elfen Lied. I don't get it.

Heh heh, I always try out the romance/comedy ones as well~!  Geh... I can so understand... >w<

Although, I tend to not watch really violent or maybe scary anime series... Just can't take it.  Ha ha... OwO
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Chloe"
Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"I try all romance and comedy animes at least once. This is a good and bad thing given that some harem animes just make me want to hit the main character.

Heh heh, I always try out the romance/comedy ones as well~!  Geh... I can so understand... >w<

Although, I tend to not watch really violent or maybe scary anime series... Just can't take it.  Ha ha... OwO

Thirded. Plus slice-of-life and certain action series. Some harem anime are just retarded, while others are very well-done. Oh, and I agree with Jyun on the 'overdone/overpopulated/overamericanized' prerequisite; the only exception I have to this is Sailor Moon, as it is the series that sorta got me into anime. (Azumanga Daioh literally shoved me into the fandom.)

There also has to be a plot, but it has to be at least decently-paced (aka not as slow as .hack//SIGN).

I also admit that I do like quite a bit of moe.
epic progressive

vox

Moogleborg

I mostly watch an anime that my bros and my friends throw at me, so I watch a lot of anime...although I mostly favor the martial arts filled one like Tenjho Tenge and Street Fighter! ^^ But I love all kinds of others too! ^_^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.