what anime did you think was to stupid and or to long?

Started by Darryl Mendoza, November 22, 2005, 09:54:22 AM

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"
.hack series. I loved all of them yes but the angst carried on a little TOO much. But then again this law would apply to Lain, Saikano, and Angel Sanctuary which I all enjoyed. So let's say it wasn't boring it was just...long.

Depends on which series. Liminality = win. Sign = lose. Legend of the Twilight Bracelet is somewhere inbetween.

And yes, Chobits is rather shallow.

And yes, I'm not one for Naruto. I don't get why people are so addicted to that show -- especially considering their fillers going on right now. I'm also very concerned that it's going to turn into another DBZ -- I mean, the Sannin battle took place in some place in the middle of nowhere.

Just like DBZ. It's starting to weaken.

And yes, DBZ can burn in the pits of hell without any kind of revival or resurrection whatsoever in any form.

Oh, and can I mention the travesty that is Wind -a breath of heart- TV? The OVA was okay, but the TV series just was so iffy on the graphical side, it turned me off in the first episode. :(
epic progressive

vox

tearraspades

Hmm...I think the series I can't stand watching currently is Initial D. Just no. Maybe It's becuase I'm a girl or something, but yeah, it just bored the shit outta me. I was falling asleep in anime club when we watched it.

That, and...Do-Re-Mi...if that's even considered an anime.

Other than anime..the thing that just makes me want to kill myself if I'm ever forced to watch it again s Brats. just NO.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "tearraspades"Hmm...I think the series I can't stand watching currently is Initial D. Just no. Maybe It's becuase I'm a girl or something, but yeah, it just bored the shit outta me. I was falling asleep in anime club when we watched it.

Mmmm, I know a girl who loves that series to death. So, no, it's not because of your gender.
epic progressive

vox

serajwl

Speed Grapher ruled until about the 14th or so episode.

Then it went all down hill.

And then i think Naruto is just a bit too long. And them fillers are pretty bad too.

and the Gravitation manga kind of got me really bored.

DayDreamerNessa

i watched speed grapher up until like episode 7 or 8, i think the idea of the seires was cool, but the anime didn't live up to that idea i think.

i watched 2 episodes of he is my master, and it just annoyed me, it's too bad that the maid outfits are so cute, and pochi is adorable as well, but it sucks that they belong to a series that isn't as nice =/
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "serajwl"The Gravitation manga kind of got me really bored.

The anime, though, is pretty awesome. So's the OVA.
epic progressive

vox

BunofGovt

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "tearraspades"Hmm...I think the series I can't stand watching currently is Initial D. Just no. Maybe It's becuase I'm a girl or something, but yeah, it just bored the shit outta me. I was falling asleep in anime club when we watched it.

Mmmm, I know a girl who loves that series to death. So, no, it's not because of your gender.

But the live action film is really good (I've only seen a few episodes of the anime but found I only wanted to watch the races, couldn't stand any of the 'romantic' bits boring).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

G.I.R

Quote from: "Chun"

DBZ obviously went on too long, much less even having a decent story.
DBZ fight formula:
Episode x
Character A fights

Episode x+1
Character B fights

Episode x+2
Character A is about to lose

Episode x+3
Character A's fighting ability grows to 60%
Character B is about to lose

Episode x+4
Character B's fighting ability grows to 70%
Character A is badly hurt

Episode x+5
Character A grows to 75%....

and so on and so on....
~Chun
I think Chun hit the nail right on the head about Dragonball Z.  I like the series, but yeah... how long do some of these battles really need to go? (and mind you, the stories were pretty long in the Manga before all the side plots were added into the T.V. series).
Yu Gi Oh! seems to suffer from the same problem of stretching out battles over multiple episodes to.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "G.I.R"
Yu Gi Oh! seems to suffer from the same problem of stretching out battles over multiple episodes to.

Episode x:
Dude plays a card.

Episode x+1:
Dude plays another card.

Episode x+2:
Dude plays another card...in Defense Mode.

Episode x+3:
Dude plays another card and does a DEVASTATING ATTACK!11!1. Opponent goes :OOOO WTF D00D. Dude taunts OMG U GOT PWNED INSERT EVIL LAUGH HERE.

Episode x+4:
Dude returns the favor.

Etc. Etc. Etc.
epic progressive

vox

Tuplica

I survived .hack//sign before I completed the Noir series.  If you watch .hack//sign with determination, I think you can make it through nearly anything.  Which isn't to say I don't like it- I did - it just really is a slow, dialogue-based show.  The music was probably what got me to keep with it more than anything else.  

I loved Noir.  Didn't feel it was too slow at all.  The action kept it interesting and the storyline developed pretty nicely after the 7th ep or so.  And the first time I watched the entirety of it, it was on HK subs- which made NO sense - so I think that's really sayin' something.

But I can't get through Lain.  I've tried twice, continuing from where I left off, and I still haven't reached the end.  Don't get me wrong- I usually watch 3 or 4 eps at a time, but I feel like my brain's going to rot.  First it's slow, boring, and nothing's happening- then it's slow, bizarre, and made little or no sense to me.  Bah.  

I enjoy Gunslinger Girl, and yet... for some reason, I can never really watch more than one episode at a time.  I guess it's because the storylines all seem so distant from one another and never really join anywhere.  I haven't completed it, so don't flame me if I just haven't gotten there yet or something...
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Moogleborg

Quote from: "Tuplica"

But I can't get through Lain.  I've tried twice, continuing from where I left off, and I still haven't reached the end.  Don't get me wrong- I usually watch 3 or 4 eps at a time, but I feel like my brain's going to rot.  First it's slow, boring, and nothing's happening- then it's slow, bizarre, and made little or no sense to me.  Bah.  

I'm with ya on Lain....although it made much more sense than Key the Metal Idol ever did to me though....
Running on moé, 24/7/365.