what anime did you think was to stupid and or to long?

Started by Darryl Mendoza, November 22, 2005, 09:54:22 AM

Darryl Mendoza

I want to know what animes got annoyinly stupid to some people or thought was to friggin long. I personally thouhgt neo ranga was pretty stupid. It was really long and really friggin stupid which made it so friggin boring.

--why were we made in earth and not in heaven
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Emerge

i think Noir was a lil on the weak side. my friend who works at a video store recomended it so i rented the first dvd. i was just "bleh" and gave up on it. it seems really repetitive. an assasination here, an assasination there, a bit of story in between, and, what the hell, a cuppulacorn dogs. i got bored...FAST.

KimaLucifer

As much as I fear this becoming a flame thread of heavy denials....

.hack series. I loved all of them yes but the angst carried on a little TOO much. But then again this law would apply to Lain, Saikano, and Angel Sanctuary which I all enjoyed. So let's say it wasn't boring it was just...long.

Naruto. I could care less about this series because the anime seems like it takes AGES for a fight to end and now that there's a jerk on the loose I just CAN'T stand it.

There was this one series that was only 2-3 episodes but I thought it was enough...like my brain won't handle it. It was done by the people by Excel saga and I don't remember what it was @_@

Btw Darryl, you're not explaing how it was stupid and boring.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

ANiME_phReaK

i agree about .hack... i watched like a few episodes... maybe ten? it wasn't that great.. took wayyy too long cuz they were talking FOREVER... it's most likely because i'm impatient..i just stopped cuz there was no point in watching it.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Emerge"i think Noir was a lil on the weak side. my friend who works at a video store recomended it so i rented the first dvd. i was just "bleh" and gave up on it. it seems really repetitive. an assasination here, an assasination there, a bit of story in between, and, what the hell, a cuppulacorn dogs. i got bored...FAST.
I would disagree that Noir is "weak."  I think it's a very well conceived story, but it takes a while for it to entirely pan out and the pacing is slow.  The "single assassination" forumula you noticed in the first DVD gives way to a grander narrative that doesn't rely on a set formula in later episodes.  It's general Bee Train stuff.  The above mentioned .hack also suffers from said Bee Train syndrome.

I happen to like Bee Train series, so I don't particuarily have a problem with either.  For that matter, I rather enjoyed both.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

I think Inu-Yasha was too long. It was okay for awhile. >.>
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

otakuapprentice

i know i'm gonna be called nuts for this, but DBZ was just too damn long and it took 4-5 episodes for just one fight...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

DayDreamerNessa

even if DBZ was too long, it still got me to watch those rediculous fights, even if it did take 4-5 episodes to end lol =P
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Moogleborg

Quote from: "KimaLucifer"

There was this one series that was only 2-3 episodes but I thought it was enough...like my brain won't handle it. It was done by the people by Excel saga and I don't remember what it was @_@

Puni Puni Poeny? ^^

As for me, I thought that Key the Metal Idol was kinda dumb.....mainly because of all that stuff about 'gel' and it was a bit too slow...the ending was kinda anti-climatic as well...
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

~~Loktera~~

Ichigo 100% My god I couldn't bare to watch a single episode of that...

Dragon Ball (Z, GT, all freekin incarnations dammit...) Could there be more fighting and episode long monologues? I mean, seriously?

Key, The Metal Idol - I could watch all of Lain and it could make sense to me. I can watch this 3 times and I'd still be like, "Okay... wtf? Why am I wasting my time here? Red Dwarf doesn't start for another half hour..."
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

The-O

He is My Master was really frustrating to watch.
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

digimel11

i think it was called Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto...
the first ep really hurt my brain...a lot...>_<
COSTUME PLANS FOR FANIME 2007: ???

otakuya

DBZ, Sailor Moon (not a fan), InuYasha, Naurto.
Too long, too mainstream, too Hot Topicy.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"Ichigo 100% My god I couldn't bare to watch a single episode of that...

Dragon Ball (Z, GT, all freekin incarnations dammit...) Could there be more fighting and episode long monologues? I mean, seriously?

Key, The Metal Idol - I could watch all of Lain and it could make sense to me. I can watch this 3 times and I'd still be like, "Okay... wtf? Why am I wasting my time here? Red Dwarf doesn't start for another half hour..."
Key The Metal Idol was good, but it was still a little bit of a letdown. on a side note: YEAH! RED DWARF RULES! LONG LIVE BBC!!!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Moogleborg

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"
Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"Ichigo 100% My god I couldn't bare to watch a single episode of that...

Key The Metal Idol was good, but it was still a little bit of a letdown. on a side note: YEAH! RED DWARF RULES! LONG LIVE BBC!!!

I'm with ya! LONG LIVE RED DWARF!! o/ Its cold outside, theres no kind of atmosphere.../o

Anywhoo....theres another anime that I don't like, but i'm still thinking of it! ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.