All-Out Con RP

Started by Jyunishinsho, November 28, 2005, 05:57:53 PM

Jyunishinsho

What about this?

An all-out con live action RP-style quest?

How will it work.......er.......not so sure.

Just wondering, so discuss.

Eri

Hm...

I think I've heard that idea before.. I just can't remember for the life of me whether it was in a staff meeting or just in passing with some friends...  :?
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Jyunishinsho

The main thing I can think of this is people going around the con hitting each other with padded weapons (such as the ones from last year's Fanime staff gatherings/meetings).

Not so sure how a realtime-real life rp is...

~~Loktera~~

Might I suggest a little something that my friends attend called "AU: Adventures Unlimited"

It is a monthly fantasy Live Action Role Playing. It is kinda scary, and I know they do something like that at Baycon, but to have something like this at fanime might be a little interesting.

Once I get a link to the Main AU site, I will be able to show off more about it. Not exactly sure just what you guys were thinking of but this is possibly the closest thing I can come up with.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Chun

I mentioned it somewhat a long time back here

A live pull-in in the middle of a convention is just too awesome for word, but people usually don't participate.  :(

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Ikari

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"The main thing I can think of this is people going around the con hitting each other with padded weapons (such as the ones from last year's Fanime staff gatherings/meetings).

Not so sure how a realtime-real life rp is...
It'd probably end up being like this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3955486939380985268

But with more long-winded anime attack names like "OMGWTFPWNDJ00KEKEKE-NO JUTSU!!1"
You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on an otaku. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp pocky stick in your eye.
F'nOtaku - Celebrating 100 Years Of Annoying Fans

fullmetalneko

Otakon did this with some limited Sucess for a number of years.  Might be an idea but it would be something to think about.
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

If people need volunteers, I'm down.  =P
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Sunara Ishi

Can I be an evil bad guy? /gg

I'd like to but I'd rather not have it take up my con experience... Especially if its all 4 days. @.@
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

fullmetalneko

If I remember it was just more of a thing where a person had a sticker or a special badge that identified them as being a RPer.  And they were to be in IC while they wore that particular badge.  

Only problem with open con RP is that you get someone who is particularly rabid, undoubtedly they will use it  as an excuse to harass someone or worse.  Not all Otaku are harmless lol
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I HAVE heard of it done good....but I've also seen it go bad. Like those people on X-Play doing the Live Action Role Playing...which was just creepy and far too geeky for my taste.