Swap meet

Started by platinum edge, November 28, 2005, 07:06:16 PM

~~Loktera~~

I can't wait for this. This is actually one of the things I look forward to the most at Fanime, aside from the cosplayers and panels.

I know a few tips for dealing in the Swap Meet. This year is going to be awesome... ^^
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Tsubasa

If this year will be anything like the last two, three years, my friend will be dealing @ the swap meet and I'll be there as an aide.  Occasionally I run around looking at the other wares too. :3
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

I'll be likely there as well... >.> I might see if she can sell a couple things for me...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Makou

If I make it, you'll be seeing a lot of Lycee cards and figurines for sell. If anyone wants my ToS figures, just ask >.>. I'd love to get rid of my Magic Cards, too (I have so many, it's like an overplayed joke).

edendreams

I didn't get to participate in the swap meet last year but i really need to this year. I just have too many manga's so I need to sell them. (talking about over 500 i need to sell.) I also was told last year it cost $10 do you just show up with the stuff or sign up ahead of time? i really need some info so if someone could please send me an Message with more info

a little art by me ^-^

G.I.R

Quote from: "edendreams"I didn't get to participate in the swap meet last year but i really need to this year. I just have too many manga's so I need to sell them. (talking about over 500 i need to sell.) I also was told last year it cost $10 do you just show up with the stuff or sign up ahead of time? i really need some info so if someone could please send me an Message with more info
Everyone just lined up at the door beforehand.  And I think it was around $10-15 for a space.

SuperKawaiiNeko

Sigh.

I just know Im gonna wish I had more money this year ~_~
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

G.I.R

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Sigh.

I just know Im gonna wish I had more money this year ~_~
Well, it is a Swap meet.  I don't think there's any rules against bartering.  Maybe you can trade off some goods with someone,

SuperKawaiiNeko

Im still gonna wish I had more money =P

Bartering....I got Devil Hunter Yoko 5 and 6 subbed on VHS last year for a dollar XD

Head of Volunteers 2010

Pxe

Quote from: "Makou"If I make it, you'll be seeing a lot of Lycee cards and figurines for sell. If anyone wants my ToS figures, just ask >.>. I'd love to get rid of my Magic Cards, too (I have so many, it's like an overplayed joke).
I am coming with 5 friends who all play magic and would be very interested can you give me an idea what you will be selling?  volume, series etc......
A Servant is a Master in disquise...Kamasutra

Ayanami Rei First Child

What I really want is some Key The Metal Idol on DVD <3

I'd also love it if someone were to bring some Steve Jackson games for trade...along with Settlers of Katan

senritsu

aside from bootleegs, fansubs and expliciit stuff, does anyone know what we can or cant sell?

cause i have a bunch of egl stuff and paopu fruit... not sure if thats sellable

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

Jelly Soup

Is there going to be two Swap Meets this year? Back in 2005, we had one for the early comers (on Thursday/Friday night (I forget which)) and then the normal one.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Jelly Soup"Is there going to be two Swap Meets this year? Back in 2005, we had one for the early comers (on Thursday/Friday night (I forget which)) and then the normal one.

http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=7428

go here for info on that
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

SuperKawaiiNeko

I had a lot of stuff typed up, but you know what? Here.

http://www.fanime.com/events/swap_meet.html

H stuff is allowed, you just have to cover up any "naughty bits" that are on active display and you cant let minors buy it or browse through it.

The EGL should be fine. But if you made it yourself and you sell them, like, for a living or something, that may be against the "No Dealers" ruleset.

Head of Volunteers 2010

lying is an art form

Whoa paopu fruit? I know someone who'd probably love one for her birthday =P I've PMed you =]
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Jelly Soup

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
Quote from: "Jelly Soup"Is there going to be two Swap Meets this year? Back in 2005, we had one for the early comers (on Thursday/Friday night (I forget which)) and then the normal one.

http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=7428

go here for info on that

Thanks.