Fanime PSP/DS Wireless Gaming Nights?

Started by lying is an art form, December 02, 2005, 08:54:56 PM

lying is an art form

Hey, my friend and I have an idea to start wireless multiplayer games using the PSP or Nintendo DS during Fanime, probably during nighttime for all you congoers who can't get into Hentai nights ;D (like me, because I'll be like 3 months short of my legal age ><). Right now the plan is for these games:

List of suggested games [As of January 10th, 2006]

PSP-
Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories
SOCOM Fire Team Bravo
Lumines
Field Commander
Monster Hunter Freedom [Not yet released]
Bleach: Heat the Soul 2
Me and My Katamari
Infected
Virtua Tennis World Tour
WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2006
Ultimate Block Party
Armored Core Formula Front
Naruto: Narutimetto Portable – Mugenjou no maki
Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Nintendo DS-
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Jump Superstars DS
Metroid Prime: Hunters [Not yet released]
Sonic Rush
Guilty Gear DS [Not yet released]
Meteos
Mr Driller Drill Spirits
Polarium
Puyo Pop
Advance Wars DS
Mega Man Battle Network 5 Double Team
Bleach [Not yet released]

Suggestions? Feedback? Don't hesitate to reply =)

Right now, we do not have any set location on where this will take place at during Fanime nights. Anyone within wireless range can just join in if they are at another part of the con.

EDIT as of 01/10/2006

There's a good chance this might be an E-Gaming event =D I'm crossing my fingers.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Umi.Ryuuzaki

are you thinking of a gathering each night of late night, innsommic PSP/DS gamers?
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Shinsengumi

That would be cool to be there, but I'll be busy in the Hentai room  :lol: , I would like to play anyone Lumines.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

lying is an art form

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"are you thinking of a gathering each night of late night, innsommic PSP/DS gamers?

Yup, that'd be awesome. Oh I should add Monster Hunter Freedom to the list too =D and Field Commander if it comes out by then.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Zekke

Why does no one ever suggest Infected for the PSP, i really wanna get my Virus out there... :twisted:  :evil:

otakuapprentice

if it comes out by then, guilty gear for DS
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

pandacon

I'll have my DS with Mario Kart and Animal Crossing, and maybe some others depending on what comes out.
I learned everything I needed to know about life from Hentai.

The-O

No Bleach: Heat the Soul 2?
Haha, there probably will be a 3 by then, hopefully.
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

G.I.R

Does "Jump Superstars DS" support wireless play?  I'm going to buy a DS after the holidays, and plan to get this game.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "G.I.R"Does "Jump Superstars DS" support wireless play?  I'm going to buy a DS after the holidays, and plan to get this game.
unfortunately from what i heard, it will not support wireless play(i think)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Spiritsnare

^ I beg to differ.

You guys are also forgetting the full version of Metroid Prime: Hunters - and I believe I've seen Metroid Prime Pinball multiplay enabled as well.

And last but not least, METEOS! METEOS!!
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

I'll get in on this if it happens. Cause I refuse to go to either the hentai or yaoi rooms. And gaming is much more fun and enjoyment. (Yes, I'm weird.)

I'm sure an event/gathering like this will be very popular. I'm assuming that you're suggesting it as an fanime event rather than a fanime board gathering.

I know for sure that I'll have Mario Kart and Sonic Dash for fanime. Hoping to have a PSP and Lumines as well.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

lying is an art form

I'd think of it more of as an underground gathering but I wouldn't mind if like it were publicized and made some event or so. Now the only thing is buying another PSP... my other one just got stolen on Thursday along with my iPod ><. Two week setback or so =(

Anyways! I'll update the list now with the suggested titles =D

Oh and I'll add My My Katamari if it comes out by then.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Ya know, now that I think about it, i'm very interested in this...
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

lying is an art form

=) I might be interested in staffing for E-Gaming. Maybe this can be like an E-Gaming event or something?

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"=) I might be interested in staffing for E-Gaming. Maybe this can be like an E-Gaming event or something?

check your PM box.

In light of some news, a DS/PSP section looks like a realisitic possiblity. Details later on...once we're ready to announce it =)
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

SadisticSolace

This sounds like it could be way to much fun for common cause that is for sure! I should totally go buy either the DS or the psp give me a reason too heheh.

-Solace
Bunnies and Anime. Yummy ^.^

lying is an art form

Yay Yay Yay. Umi, I replied =)

Ohmygod this will be SO cool if we can pull it off for the wireless nights!

And oh man. Has anyone considered hentai picture-trading via PSPs? heh heh...

shortpachoo

Heres a couple for the DS

Mr Driller Drill Spirits
Polarium
Puyo Pop
Advance Wars DS
Mega Man Battle Network 5 Double Team
Bleach Fighting game(the new one that is coming out soon)

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

sykoeent

ANIMAL CROSSING!!! ANIMAL CROSSING!!!

Let's all play ANIMAL CROSSING!!!