Media Play, Great Mall: It's gone

Started by Jyunishinsho, December 10, 2005, 06:57:16 PM

Jyunishinsho

What is the relevance of this being here?

The entire store is on sale. They are closing (wah...). This means everything is a little cheaper than usual. Including the anime goods. How much are the discounts? Not so sure.

Just saying if you want something to blow your money on before the holidays. :D

Tsubasa

Wow, Media Play is one of those stores that I figured would always be there.  What a bummer.  I used to buy anime stuff from them all the time.  As of recent, I've favored Fry's or Bestbuy, but it still feels like something of a loss.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

And thus closes my main manga purchase store. Dammit.

The Great Mall is devolving now. :( First Wonderpark, then Kyun, then Media Play.
epic progressive

vox

Moogleborg

Aw crap...I had no idea about that.....and I work at the Arbys over there! Great...so whats gonna replace Media Play once its gone?
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

Chloe

What~!?!?!?  I just went there, and they seemed fine... A week ago.  Well, maybe it's like those Furniture stores that always say Closing but nver leave?  Well... that's too bad.  It was always the hang out for us Otakus like the 2004 Christmas Gathering~! =w=
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Ska_Kitti

Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"When are they closing?

I'm not so sure. All I know is that there are signs all over the place that says store closing. It's a great loss....

Reference to Spiritsnare, Wonderpark; was the ONLY place to play the Bust a Groove arcade game. Dang it, I want to play it again...
-Kyun was closed because the person that owned it refused to pay his rent. Then he left. - -

GokuMew2

DUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! They CAN'T close! .T_T Man, what a bummer.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

hakudoushi

Quote from: "Chloe"What~!?!?!?  I just went there, and they seemed fine... A week ago.  Well, maybe it's like those Furniture stores that always say Closing but nver leave?  Well... that's too bad.  It was always the hang out for us Otakus like the 2004 Christmas Gathering~! =w=
yeah...i got lost/ditched there. xD

NUUU THEY CANT CLOSE.  *sob* now ill have to go to borders. which sucks.
kyun closed? when!?!? O______________O THAT STORE WAS FSCKING AWESOME.

yeah, i hope its like the furniture stores that say theyre going to close...but never close. -_-
no really, i have a pet ninja.

Chun

noooooo media play T_T.

I better get down there. ASAP.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Ska_Kitti

I plan to go today and buy DVDs like crazii... hopefully my picks will be there.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "hakudoushi"

Unfortunately, it closed about a month or two ago.

Darn it, I always bought Decor Pocky there...

hakudoushi

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"

;_; really now... the stuff there was so cheap! >.<

it would be cool if we had something like a "fanime board/media play closing" gathering. xD
no really, i have a pet ninja.

AbsolutelyCursed

This is freakin unbelievable. It is the only decent store the Great Mall has, once Media Play closes for good - Great Mall will be dead to me.

Spiritsnare

I was buying Ramune there on a daily basis, and occasionally a pack or two of Reverse. And then the Vans Skatepark closed, and with it went DDR 5thMIX and DDRMAX.

That was my other favorite haunt. The arcade at Vans.
epic progressive

vox

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"

I was buying Ramune there on a daily basis, and occasionally a pack or two of Reverse. And then the Vans Skatepark closed, and with it went DDR 5thMIX and DDRMAX.

That was my other favorite haunt. The arcade at Vans.

Haha, now I go show off at the local DDR Extreme machine located at the internet cafe...

Sunara Ishi

Stuff like this always sucks.

I remember when this happened to Suncoast and Sam Goody at Oakridge. >.> Boy that sucked, there were no decent anime store in the mall to go to. I really hope that doesn't happen to the great mall.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"Stuff like this always sucks.

I remember when this happened to Suncoast and Sam Goody at Oakridge. >.> Boy that sucked, there were no decent anime store in the mall to go to. I really hope that doesn't happen to the great mall.

Ditto to when they demoed the Sam Goody and Suncoast out of Eastridge way before it was remodeled.

YoureMyHiro

This really does blow because even though I buy a majority of my R1 anime from Best Buy, Media Play beat out some of there deals 25% of the time with that "19.99 New Release" deal on select titles. Oh well, its too bad. I thought it was only a matter of time before it bit the dust like sam goody though.  :(

Chun

Suncoast is a terrible place to buy DVDs if you're looking for a good deal. 70% of the box sets/dvds there are always full price, or inflated by 5 dollars than if you went to Best Buy or some other niche shop.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)