Melty Blood FT / Eternal Fighter Zero competition

Started by alice, December 18, 2005, 12:14:51 AM

alice

I'm going to try my best and find an unused socket and table to set  up some laptops to play MBFT/EFZ/whatever else. I only have one laptop, so if anyone else cares to join the fun, please bring your own laptop with controllers.

I did this last year, and no one seemed to know what the hell I was playing, but a number of people were interested :P. It seems that these two games have gotten much more popular since, so hopefully more people will come this year :D.

Spiritsnare

Apparently, you weren't at Kima's table; she had a MB setup for people to play on. Don't know if she had EFZ.

Regardless, I'll be there for EFZ. Because I suck at it. XD Out of curiosity, have you upgraded to Memorial yet, and if not, which version of the game do you have?
epic progressive

vox

Emerge

i'll be there. i have yet to play mb, but i have ordered it from himeya. it's probably at my buddy's place cuz i used his account and they shipped it there

Tsubasa

I'll have my laptop there and will be able to host a game on it.  I'll have two PS arcade sticks with PS->USB adaptors and two USB keyboards hooked up, so people can play on either.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

alice

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Apparently, you weren't at Kima's table; she had a MB setup for people to play on. Don't know if she had EFZ.

Regardless, I'll be there for EFZ. Because I suck at it. XD Out of curiosity, have you upgraded to Memorial yet, and if not, which version of the game do you have?

or maybe that was me?

Quote from: "Tsubasa"I'll have my laptop there and will be able to host a game on it.  I'll have two PS arcade sticks with PS->USB adaptors and two USB keyboards hooked up, so people can play on either.

thank you!

Tsubasa

Oh, just wanted to toss out that, aside from having the latest versions of the top two listed games, I also have Touhou Suimusou: Immaterial and Missing Power.  I know it's nowhere near as polished as Tasofro's other effort, EFZ, but it's kinda a fun diversion at times.  I will readily admit that I'm not as good at it as EFZ or ReACT though.
-Tsubasa

Heartbreak_despair

WAHHHOOOOO!!!!! Ice climber maids for the win!!!!!!
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

MadTeaParty

If I find the time, I suppose I can enter into this (both MBR and EFZ).

Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Tsubasa

I'll take you with my Youmu.  Perhaps Patchouli too.  I'm waiting for Reisen to be added in an expansion or something. ; ;
-Tsubasa

Chun

I just want Chuugoku to be un-nerfed so badly.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

alice

heeeeyyy :D You think if we rant enough they'll give us a table with outlet :D?

*nudges kima*

Emerge

what does it mean when youre in the middle of a combo and "invalid" flashes on the side in red?

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Emerge"what does it mean when youre in the middle of a combo and "invalid" flashes on the side in red?
That means that the combo is not "valid;" it is not a true combo.  At some point in that sequence, the opponent can tech out of it.  Timing in Melty Blood is known to be unusually strict, so being just the tiniest bit off can make an otherwise valid combo invalid.
-Tsubasa

Emerge

one more question: is it impossible to pause in a vs. match?

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Emerge"one more question: is it impossible to pause in a vs. match?
I can't really recall too well, but I believe that is the case.  Fortunately, matches aren't timed, so just agree with your opponent to back off and go do what you have to do.
-Tsubasa

Heartbreak_despair

then you can backstab him!!!! j/k i don't think you can pause...so what charaters does everyone use?

here's a list of the ones that i use:

the ice climber maids
Ciel
Arucied
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

Tsubasa

I'm an Akiha, Ren, and Satsuki player.  I occasionally play Hisui and Sion Tatari.

Quote from: "Heartbreak_despair"the ice climber maids
orz

They have names.  And they don't even function like Ice Climbers most of the time. ^^;
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

If it comes out fast enough, WHY HELLO THERE ACT CADENZA.

Unless I'm really dense and FinalTuned is based off of Act Cadenza. Oh well.

edit fix0red.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"If it comes out fast enough, WHY HELLO THERE ACT CADENZA.

Unless I'm really dense and FinalTuned is based off of Act Cadenza. Oh well.

edit fix0red.
Yah, heard about it.  I'll probably pick it up.  I've wanted to OTG with Satsuki's B since I saw it in AC videos~. XD

Final Tuned is basically ReACT tweaked to be very Act Cadenza-esque.  It lacks some of the new system features and character tweaks from AC, but for most intents and purposes, it's AC for PC.
-Tsubasa