General Staff Meetings

Started by MPLe, January 09, 2006, 10:11:54 AM

M

3/11  (Saturday) SJCC Hilton (San Carlos Room)
3/18  (Saturday) SJCC Hilton (San Carlos Room)
4/8    (Saturday) SJCC Hilton (San Carlos Room)
4/22  (Saturday) SJCC Hilton (San Carlos Room)
5/6    (Saturday) SJCC Hilton (San Carlos Room)
5/13  (Saturday) SJCC Hilton (San Carlos Room)
5/20               TBA

The Division Heads Meeting will be held at 1pm, this meeting will be
for The Chair, the Division heads, and anyone else that the division
heads need to make their report. The General staff meetings/Breakout
meetings will be held at 3pm.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

M

Quote from: "Passing the Buck"ATTENTION...

There has been a room change for the next meeting, 1/21.

We are now in the Guadalupe Meeting Rooms, 2nd Floor.
READ BELOW

Leishu

Gwah! Why did they change it!? Sunday was so much easier to do...

Ah, well ;_;
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

M

Quote from: "Leishu"Gwah! Why did they change it!? Sunday was so much easier to do...

Ah, well ;_;

Meetings are generally on Saturdays minus a few throughout the year.

M

Quote from: "Will"Sorry everyone;
Due to some space issues, the hotel has moved our meeting room once
again: the room is now Blossom Hill I and II on the third floor.
Meeting times are still the same; there should be signage in the hotel
to direct people to the new rooms.
[/b]

Nyxyin

By the way, http://www.fanime.com/ currently says, "The next general staff meeting will be on Sunday, January 21st at 3pm".  (Which year, I wonder?)   :wink:

M

Quote from: "Nyxyin"By the way, http://www.fanime.com/ currently says, "The next general staff meeting will be on Sunday, January 21st at 3pm".  (Which year, I wonder?)   :wink:

oops. Ignore that. :P

It's on Saturday (er, today!)

Otaku_doe

I missed the January meetin. I was wondering if it is okay if I still go to the February one?

chuchubunny

Hi,
I'm new here. This might be a stupid question but I'm kinda concerned so Ill ask it.

So if I want to join staff I have to go to those meetings?
Are there still a lot of positions open?
If your on staff the con is free or cheaper?
How long will the meetings be?

I'm just wondering since I cant do anything on saturdays for the next month till 3pm and I'm in san francisco :(
Fanime is gonna be my first con and if i could be on staff it would make me uber excited. Unless I could join someother way?

Spiritsnare

chuchubunny--

If Fanime is your first convention, you may want to take it upon yourself to enjoy the con first and get used to the layout of the Convention Center before signing up for a staff or volunteer position, unless you really want to get in for free. That's no biggie, either, but staffing does cut down on your free time.
epic progressive

vox

Ryuji

I missed January too...so i'll be at the this Feb one, wonder if i'll be actually given my position...lol, Logistic/Rover!!! hmm
Video Games: Not an Addiction, but a Lifestyle!!!
"Ex-Rover from Con"

chuchubunny

yeah I'm kinda strapped for cash lol.
I know I may have less time but I'm willing to participate and I can still meet people and I doubt I really need all that time to see all the stuff at the con, Ill probably get lost anyways so why not lol, Ill try it out for the heck of it, if i cant take it then ill go normally sometime later.

so does anyone know the answers to my questions? I'm thinking of emailing them, thats the only thing i can think of now.

oh and is staff and volunteering the same or different? I know I'm being totally emptyheaded right now.

Ryuji

Sorry about the late post, i was hoping an acutal staff member would be able to help you.

The meetings help you stay informed, and help you get an idea of what is happening, and what deparments still need help.  

There are positions still open for many deparments, but i believe E-Gaming and maybe info desk are full...maybe T_T...

For staff and volunteers i believe it is paid for if they make money, which seems very likely.  But i believe for volunteers you definitly have to pay first and do you minimum hours, then get reimbursed...however that is spelt.

Meetings usually last for an hour then you could go talk to any department your interested in.

Staff requires some training depending on what department your part of, and i think volunteering is just more general...though i could be wrong...
"Ex-Rover from Con"

astroboy

Quote from: "chuchubunny"So if I want to join staff I have to go to those meetings?
No. However you do need to go to at least one meeting so you can officially sign up to become staff. Fanime actually has a lot of "phantom staffers". These are people who go to only 1 or maybe 2 staff meetings per year. There is one "mandatory" meeting and it's usually the last one before the con.

QuoteAre there still a lot of positions open?
yes. It's best to go to a meeting and talk to the DH's division heads. There's a DH for all sorts of departments: video programming, live programming, registration, etc... Talk to the DH in charge of the department that you want to join.

QuoteIf your on staff the con is free or cheaper?
Staff get in for free. So long as you come to the con with honest intentions to work (there's always a couple of "duds" every year) Fanime is always looking for help whether experienced or not. However your "DH" may decide to limit what type of jobs he/she will let you do because of experience. It's up to them.

QuoteHow long will the meetings be?
I can't remember *officially*  how long the meetings are...but definitely less then 2 hours. Some people like to stick around and talk but usually after 3 hours most people are gone.

Ryuji

Okay...meeting this saturday and the saturday after at the hilton right..
"Ex-Rover from Con"

astroboy

Quote from: "Ryuji"Okay...meeting this saturday and the saturday after at the hilton right..
the entire schedule is posted at the top of this thread. However since meeting dates may change it's probably best to double check a couple days before a meeting.

*checks staff account*
QuoteSaturday, March 11th   SJCC Hilton (San Carlos Room)
The general staff meetings/breakout meetings will be held at 3pm.

BTW to sign up to become staff go here:
Quote from: "fanime website"all staff must register a staff account
http://fanime.com/staff/

Ryuji

thx, I am already registered there, and i just wanted to boost this back up for anyone else interested in going.
"Ex-Rover from Con"

ayaminamino

Hey, is there anyone can give me a ride in San Francisco this Saturday March 18 for the staff meeting? Plz~~~~~~
~Aya~>.<!!!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "ayaminamino"Hey, is there anyone can give me a ride in San Francisco this Saturday March 18 for the staff meeting? Plz~~~~~~

I could give you a ride, that is if you don't mind chipping $10 for gas :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Ryuji

^trustworthy....lol probably wearing a leather jacket....oOo and maybe i'll wear my board gathering badge...this time lol...
"Ex-Rover from Con"