Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime

Started by serajwl, January 16, 2006, 10:01:19 AM

serajwl

I started a thread in the panel section about maybe having a panel abnout energy drinks (I wont go into detail because this is the wrong place for it, so check it out!) and the idea came up that maybe Fanime should sell energy drinks.

Have just a little "bar" or something maybe outside the video rooms or over by the other food stands out by the arcades that sells an array of energy drinks.

One may argue that you can just go to the nearest convenience store yourself and get your own energy drinks. However, most of us will be needing these at night or the wee hours of the morning, and it's not very safe for us to be roaming the streets of San Jose at night!

I'm sure there's plenty of things that I'm overlooking, but I would love to see it happen.

What do you guys think?

Spiritsnare

Well, for one thing, E-Gaming is attempting to get Bawls as a sponsor and dealer...or so I heard.
epic progressive

vox

Eri

We're tackling that issue currently..

Would you guys actually be interested in their reps doing a panel?

Though, we haven't thought of an actual bar..

Stop giving me ideas that give me more ideas! I'll be armed and dangerous!  :twisted:   :lol:
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

serajwl

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Well, for one thing, E-Gaming is attempting to get Bawls as a sponsor and dealer...or so I heard.

=O

fo serious?!

That would be very very cool

Quote from: "Eri"We're tackling that issue currently..

Stop giving me ideas that give me more ideas! I'll be armed and dangerous!  :twisted:   :lol:

Hmm... if the reps would actually be willing to come to fanime and do a panel, I'm not quite sure what they would talk about in relation to anime and anime fans >_> But i'd go anyway!

But yeah, an actual bar would be great I think, just buy different drinks in bulk and sell em!

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Not a bad idea actually...and yes its true we are trying to get a hold of Bawls and securing a deal that will work with FanimeCon + E-gaming, and Bawls. I'm preparing the proposal to submit to my boss + other high ranking people for discussion.

No, give Eri more ideas!
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

sykoeent

You know, Red Bull also does promotions like this. But it'd be cool if it was Jolt... but more on the Energy Bar...

YEAH, have a bar where the Bar tender mixes different energy drinks or whatever! Like Those Star Trekkies and their Romulan Ail (blue coolaid) except Fanime can have their own type of bar with Energy Drinks!!! You could start a new trend there! Yeah!

lying is an art form

Ah what about OXYGEN BARS?!

I'd go to one =D
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Ruby

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Well, for one thing, E-Gaming is attempting to get Bawls as a sponsor and dealer...or so I heard.

I love Bawls.  :wink:

xD <333
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Eri"We're tackling that issue currently..

and all of the girls can wear cute maid outfits lol XD

*gets hit by a kitchen thrown by Eri*
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Ah what about OXYGEN BARS?!

I'd go to one =D

Nothing like watching otakus get high off of O2 and watch mind-numbing episodes after episodes of Evangelion during its marathon. ^^

Umi.Ryuuzaki

So let me get this right:

You guys want a place in the con that sells energy drinks during the con, even when the dealers room is closed and its 2am and you need your "fix" (a la energy drink)?

I like the idea, but will the reps be willing to stay up that late, or will a staffer (with immsomic issues =P ) be doing this?
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

serajwl

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"So let me get this right:

You guys want a place in the con that sells energy drinks during the con, even when the dealers room is closed and its 2am and you need your "fix" (a la energy drink)?

I like the idea, but will the reps be willing to stay up that late, or will a staffer (with immsomic issues =P ) be doing this?

I'm sure that there are enough staffers that will be willing to do it... and if not, I'll do it!

no really >_> I handle sales almost every day. I have a resume if you want one!

And I have insomniac issues... especially at the con.

M

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"So let me get this right:

The San Jose convention center wouldn't allow us to do this for free. Anything that is sold on their property has to be approved by them (food and drink sells = no). It may be brought up to them, but they'll either tell us to pay them (a big fee, might I add) or they will handle it themselves (and charge alot). The closest thing is to either have Bawls/Red Bull/whoever come by and give them for free or to have them sell it in the dealer's room (during dealer hours).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

KillingYouGuy

Just what we need. A bunch of anime geeks fueled on an endless supply of energy drinks. This is EXACTLY how the American Revolution got started
I am great! :D

sykoeent

Vending Machines??? How about vending machines? Hmm... but I'd rather have it be a bar type setting.

KillingYouGuy

I think we should roll with the bar just because it would be infinitely cooler than vending machines.

serajwl

well, I suppose we could have somebody just have a bar open during dealer room hours, and people just load up then?

KillingYouGuy

but if people are forced to all load up at one time, it kind of defeats the point,  cause that's just what they'd be doing if they had to go to the nearest convenient store. It'd just be closer.

Blues

I've always thought this would be such a cool idea for a con to have:

Set a room aside like to be some sort of tavern or such and THEME it.  make it like a JAZZ cafe or something, and have people dress up like they're straight out of Cowboy Bebop, or make it look like some sort of sea-side pub ala One Piece.  It might me a bit of work, but I think it'd totally be worth it.

Perhaps combine it with the Karaoke room so people can perform and such as they kick back and have a drink?

"Do a flip!"

serajwl

Quote from: "Blues"I've always thought this would be such a cool idea for a con to have:

Set a room aside like to be some sort of tavern or such and THEME it.  make it like a JAZZ cafe or something, and have people dress up like they're straight out of Cowboy Bebop, or make it look like some sort of sea-side pub ala One Piece.  It might me a bit of work, but I think it'd totally be worth it.

Perhaps combine it with the Karaoke room so people can perform and such as they kick back and have a drink?

Now THAT, would be awsome