swap meet

Started by Jareth the Merc, January 29, 2006, 04:05:12 PM

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "angeljibrille"Are Staff allowed to sell stuff at the swap meet?

Thanks!
Marisa

Yes they are allowed Marissa. I've done it last year and no one said anything :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
Quote from: "angeljibrille"Are Staff allowed to sell stuff at the swap meet?

Thanks!
Marisa

Yes they are allowed Marissa. I've done it last year and no one said anything :D

Yup I was able to do it as well and thank god it will be a bigger spot. But I am wondering if getting space for Friday will be $15 or $10? Last year it was $15 and wasn't too thrilled with the price hike just because it was Friday. Any ideas?

Would using those old lady grocery carts to lug the boxes to the meet as prohibited? Or would it be better to use those luggage bags with wheels?

I have posted stuff I want to sell before in the Things in the Universe forums. Perhaps make a forum area/thread of people who like to post what they are going to sell so quick sales?

Thanks!

YoureMyHiro

I love the Swap Meets, the last two years Ive been able to find some awesome stuff and great prices. Im sure Ryu has a grip of stuff to sell.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"I love the Swap Meets, the last two years Ive been able to find some awesome stuff and great prices. Im sure Ryu has a grip of stuff to sell.

i do. it's just that this year I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it. If I do, I'll keep you guys posted. :D

Eurobeat King

yay!  2 weeks to go! :)  I'm still gathering stuff!  I'll have a boombox playing Eurobeat music cos I'll be selling a lot of my Eurobeat CD's, so listen for the music!  here's a small list of stuff i'm selling:

-Bandai DVD's
-Super Eurobeat CD's
-couple of plushies
-final fantasy figures
-FFX-2 calendar
-Naruto kunai, shuriken, & scrolls
-wall scrolls
-art-books
-some PS2, X-box, and Xbox 360 games
-AXIO hard-shell backpack  (great for those who need one for the con)
-Darth Vader stand-up

i am still looking through my stuff, so i should be ready in 2 weeks!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

the_Pink_Panther24

Quote from: "Eurobeat King"yay!  2 weeks to go! :)  I'm still gathering stuff!  I'll have a boombox playing Eurobeat music cos I'll be selling a lot of my Eurobeat CD's, so listen for the music!  here's a small list of stuff i'm selling:

-Bandai DVD's
-Super Eurobeat CD's
-couple of plushies
-final fantasy figures
-FFX-2 calendar
-Naruto kunai, shuriken, & scrolls
-wall scrolls
-art-books
-some PS2, X-box, and Xbox 360 games
-AXIO hard-shell backpack  (great for those who need one for the con)
-Darth Vader stand-up

i am still looking through my stuff, so i should be ready in 2 weeks!

Eurobeat, awesome! *calls dibs*
Ive been REAL tired of the same happy hardcore mix i have in my car atm. :?

GalaxyRailways

I'll have my 13 year old daughter with me.  Is she okay to hang around?

Take care

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "the_Pink_Panther24"
Eurobeat, awesome! *calls dibs*
Ive been REAL tired of the same happy hardcore mix i have in my car atm. :?

Hopefully I'll have some Eurobeat CD's that'll interest you. :)

I also might be selling my Xbox360 system, along with a few games (like DOA4.)  I have one person who's already interested (in the system and DOA4), but check my section on Thursday night to see if it's available.  If anything, there'll be a few games for sale.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "GalaxyRailways"I'll have my 13 year old daughter with me.  Is she okay to hang around?

Take care

Yes, it's ok. :D

Al: I want to buy DOA4 off you, even if it's just the bloody game. :D I get dibs on it as well XD

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Al: I want to buy DOA4 off you, even if it's just the bloody game. :D I get dibs on it as well XD

I'll check to see if my friend who's interested in the system & game wants it still, so check with me on that pre-reg. Thursday.  If I end up selling the DOA4 game by itself, you get the Prima HintBook FREE with purchase. :)

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Eurobeat King"
Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Al: I want to buy DOA4 off you, even if it's just the bloody game. :D I get dibs on it as well XD

I'll check to see if my friend who's interested in the system & game wants it still, so check with me on that pre-reg. Thursday.  If I end up selling the DOA4 game by itself, you get the Prima HintBook FREE with purchase. :)

Thanks Man. :D I seriously want that book, cause I can use it as an artbook as well.

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "Eurobeat King"yay!  2 weeks to go! :)  I'm still gathering stuff!  I'll have a boombox playing Eurobeat music cos I'll be selling a lot of my Eurobeat CD's, so listen for the music!  here's a small list of stuff i'm selling:

Please don't blast the music loud especially when everybody else will play their music and videos at the same time. -_-;;;

I have no problems with the music but it is hard to hear people when trying to buy/sell with the music blasting.. :/ I hope you understand my concern, please don't take offense.

What I am going to be selling :

Xbox with 2 controllers (one huge (like XBOX lol) and
one small) for $130 (perhaps throw in Ninja Gaiden in
the mix).

Game Cube with 1 controller $100 OBO

This will also incude the video and power cables.

Also trying to sell off more anime junk like:
- Comickers $8-12 OBO
- Shoujo manga ($2-6ea),
- Doujinshis ($8-12),
- Tsubasa Chronical Nintendo DS promotional poster ($30 obo) which is printed on high quality paper (great for a autograph from CLAMP
at this years AX!).
- Japanese Newtypes (1990s) $1-2 (so-so to good quality)
US Newtypes $5 (good quality)

Pictures below if you are interested:
http://www.djldc.com/forsale

edit: My brother will be bringing his box of Magic The Gathering cards to sell. No idea what his list of cards yet. LOL

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Thanks Man.  I seriously want that book, cause I can use it as an artbook as well.

The hintbook hardly has too many still images of the characters, and doesn't have a listing of all of the characters' costumes.  It's mainly to show all the characters' moves, strategy-info, stage-info, etc.  It's nice to have as something to read for the game, but I wouldn't necc. use it as an artbook.  :oops:

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"Please don't blast the music loud especially when everybody else will play their music and videos at the same time. -_-;;;

I have no problems with the music but it is hard to hear people when trying to buy/sell with the music blasting.. :/ I hope you understand my concern, please don't take offense.
Of course I won't.. I'm respectful to other people selling stuff inside the room. (this isn't like inside the dealers' room where that's more competitive) And the music won't be ""blasting" since I know not everyone listens to my type of music.  Not too many people have any music or videos playing during a swap-meet so having music playing in a swap-meet is better than dead-silence sometimes.[/quote]

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"Please don't blast the music loud especially when everybody else will play their music and videos at the same time. -_-;;;

Of course I won't.. I'm respectful to other people selling stuff inside the room. (this isn't like inside the dealers' room where that's more competitive) And the music won't be ""blasting" since I know not everyone listens to my type of music.  Not too many people have any music or videos playing during a swap-meet so having music playing in a swap-meet is better than dead-silence sometimes.

That is true, I did play some fansubs anime when I did it but didn't want to overwhelm the room. I just had bad experiances where other sellers would blast their music/videos to get attention. Thank you for being gracious.

Black Kawaii Kitty

:D Well my (18+) friend said he'll stay with me so I can sell so here we go ^___^ my goods will basically be a ton of Inuyasha stuff such as:
-over 10 plushies
-the first 3 seasons on DVD(unwrapped but good condition)
-2-3 of the movies...i think i have 3 i'll have to check @_@
-manga up to volume 20-something(the edges are a little yellow due to the sun but otherwise they're in very good condition, and the first 1-12 are the original larger sized volumes...)
-and also stuff like playing cards, etc.

i'm also going to be selling some other random manga, and a ton of Newtype and Animarica magazines...an if you love inuyasha and want to check out my goods just look for an AC Tifa cosplayer ^.^or a big guy with a wooden keyblade because i might be out at the kingdom hearts gathering for a while X3

Eurobeat King

Turns out my friend will indeed buy the Xbox 360 and DOA4 from me, but he doesn't need the hintbook.  So i'll have that for sale Thursday night.  If you want me to hold it for you, I can do that, but just Thursday evening.

serajwl

The awap meet will be siiick! I hope somebody will be selling some Silent Hill games.. though I doubt it =(

GalaxyRailways

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
Quote from: "GalaxyRailways"I'll have my 13 year old daughter with me.  Is she okay to hang around?

Take care

Yes, it's ok. :D

Awesome, thanks. She's stoked. I'm also taking her to AX this year.  :D

RyuHayabusa

Turns out my friend will indeed buy the Xbox 360 and DOA4 from me, but he doesn't need the hintbook.  So i'll have that for sale Thursday night.  If you want me to hold it for you, I can do that, but just Thursday evening.

ok Al, I guess I'll get the artbook.

shucks.

<_<;;

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "serajwl"The awap meet will be siiick! I hope somebody will be selling some Silent Hill games.. though I doubt it =(

Hehe you can get silent hill 1-4 for $10 at Fry's (PC version that is). Silent Hill 1 is R@R3!!! :P

No way I am selling my copy....  :twisted: