swap meet

Started by Jareth the Merc, January 29, 2006, 04:05:12 PM

indie_chixor

so im assuming, since they're putting us in a larger facility than last year...

they won't be turning anyone away??

I mean...i'm planning on being there a couple hours prior to reserve good spot for myself..

but i remember even though people came early they were still denied a space.

What do you think the likelyhood would be?

Vanessa

I think the new space is going to be more than enough.~ I'm so glad it's going to be somewhere bigger! Before it was such a mad house just trying to look.

Good luck on everyone selling! I will soooooo there to buy! And I'm breaking my 100's before hand and going in with lots of 5's and 10's because last year I was paying with 20's and alot of people didn't have change and it was such a run around.

Eurobeat King

Thanks to everyone who came by my section, took a look at what I had, or those who bought stuff from me! :)  

The Swap Meet is taking place tomorrow from 8:00pm to 11:00pm at the same place, Exhibit Hall 3.  I still have a lot of things left to sell: Eurobeat & Anime CD's, anime DVD's, video-games, my GameCube, pencilboards, posters, etc.  Please stop by and check out what I have!

See you all tomorrow!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

~~Loktera~~

Wow.. That was fun. Met some interesting people and learned the subtle art of negotiation... (Bring snacks)

I ended up spending more time and money there than I did in the dealers room...

Okay, so it was mostly Hentai and plushies.... Let me tell you though... Good junk...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

FanFicGuru

I did really well at the Thursday night swap...

For 20 bucks I got:

1 Rurouni Kenshin shirt (red) the nice button up silky ones
4 manga. Obscure titles, but whatever, they're pretty cool.

^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Eurobeat King

Thanks to everyone who purchased stuff from me on either or both evenings for the Swap Meet. :)  I hope you're pleased with your purchase(s.)  Thanks to you all I'm able to use the $$ towards AX, San Diego Comic Con, and Otakon. ;)  

I was amazed that they used both walls along the side of the entire Exhibit Hall 3 for the Swap Meet!  :shock:  Did they manage to fit EVERYONE who lined up/showed up for it??  The time change (those were there on Thursday knew about the 8pm time but the program guide still said 6pm) kept me in one spot for a few hours (which I could've used to take pics of cosplayers) but I still had a good spot for Friday's swap meet. :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "Eurobeat King"Thanks to everyone who purchased stuff from me on either or both evenings for the Swap Meet. :)  I hope you're pleased with your purchase(s.)  Thanks to you all I'm able to use the $$ towards AX, San Diego Comic Con, and Otakon. ;)  

I was amazed that they used both walls along the side of the entire Exhibit Hall 3 for the Swap Meet!  :shock:  Did they manage to fit EVERYONE who lined up/showed up for it??  The time change (those were there on Thursday knew about the 8pm time but the program guide still said 6pm) kept me in one spot for a few hours (which I could've used to take pics of cosplayers) but I still had a good spot for Friday's swap meet. :)

I was sitting in E-Gaming when this happened. Lets just say, never have I seen a swap meet get THAT big. I was like "wow...maybe I should ditch to find a deal or two... :evil:

Thank you all for coorperating with the E-gaming staff while were setting up during Thursday and during Friday on our operations of hardcore fun gaming.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

~~Loktera~~

Next year, I think I might just have to sell some of my used/older stuff, just to make room for other things and to make money for cosplays.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

lyricaldanichan

I am glad this was moved into this room tho I think they should have it on friday and saturday instead of thursday and friday. Even better if they did it for 3 days.

I don't think I will do swap meet next year since I have to haul all this shite from Sacramento.

octbunny99

Thanks to all the kind ppl who came and perused through my cutey Cardcaptor stuffs!  Yah made my first swap meet a happy one.  I was at the swap meet last year (as a seacher of goodies only) and was a bit intimidated by the number of ppl and the tiny tiny room.  I'm glad it was in the larger exhibit area this year with lots of breathin' space.  Swap meet was a great experience...  I wish I could have participated the second night, but the Nana movie had to come first  :D  Arigato!

Akaihari

The people who advertised their wares as a bunch of cute stuff were absolutly adorible.
Now all of china knows you're here