What anime disappointed you the most?

Started by Darryl Mendoza, February 12, 2006, 12:37:07 PM

Darryl Mendoza

I just wanna know what anime you wanted to watch so badly but just got slapped in the face and was let you down.

I was let down by the Love Hina and Negima animes both compared to the manga, they are not really good. In Love Hina, they took out all the major parts that Keitaro and the others had in the manga and also changed all the parts around. In Negima, it started off way different than in the manga and also changed the story a little bit later when it came near an end. I just wanna know why they had to make all the damn changes.
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Jyunishinsho

Puni Puni Poemi needs more episodes. Or are the the people at Victor Entertainment and JC Staff as they were in Excel Saga out of ideas?

Most of my complaints are concerning anime that need more episodes because sometimes they end a little abruptly.

However, ditto to Negima. The manga is much more action packed, and the anime lacks in many details.

Rette

Hellsing turned out pretty bad, imo.
The manga is very entertaining but the plot for the anime was fairly lame, as was the bad guy.
And on the translations they totally messed up with the "Arucard".

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Blues

Sin.  Mainly for the fact that it sucked in every aspect.

"Do a flip!"

KimaLucifer

Love Hina.... I`m sorry but I hate repeating patterns.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

OniCourseMusha

Samurai Deeper Kyo.

The manga is awesome but when I watched the anime I was like wtf!?!? This is not good!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

RyuHayabusa

Suzuka. I hate all of the characters and the story dragged on.

who wants the CD's of this anime?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

sykoeent

Kotetsu..... where are the other episodes at????
Shinesman.... come on.... I wanna see more episodes!!!!
Eiken Club.... was this some kind of tease?!?!?!?! MORE EPISODES!!!!
Witch Hunter Robin.... why, oh why does it have to end on such a sad note?!?!?!?!?
Cowboy Bebop.... Same with this one...... SPPPPIIIIIIKKKKKKEEEEE!!!!!
Genshiken.... why did you leave me in such a cliffhanger????? Oh... new episodes next season... SWEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!

otakuya

Initial D, the arcade spoiled the storyline, if there was one. It's like DragonBall Z with cars.

"Oh, an 86! My (insert car here) can beat that old piece of junk!"
Tak(umi) wins.

This pattern lasts several episodes and 2 manga volumes.

YoureMyHiro

Negima was dissapointing for many reasons, it doesnt comapre to the manga by far.

Mordyan

Tokyo Underground. The ending was abrubt and they didnt explain what happened well enough.

It seemed like they went, "Oh sh@t, we are on episode 26. We need to wrap it up quick!"

Cloudzero

Divergence Eve- I was hoping they'd have a bit of substance aside from the bounce, but it looks like that's all there was to it. You could get better storytelling from h -_-;;

Final Fantasy Unlimited-Good try, but it honestly could have done much better.

narutofreak1

yami no matsuei or descendants of darkness

the anime was kool but when i read the manga it had nothing to do with the anime series so was a little dissapointed  :cry:

pockystix

Quote from: "Darryl Mendoza"I just wanna know what anime you wanted to watch so badly but just got slapped in the face and was let you down.

I was let down by the Love Hina and Negima animes both compared to the manga, they are not really good. In Love Hina, they took out all the major parts that Keitaro and the others had in the manga and also changed all the parts around. In Negima, it started off way different than in the manga and also changed the story a little bit later when it came near an end. I just wanna know why they had to make all the damn changes.

Amen, my brotha, amen. Xebec killed them all. D:
New sn = Meirin

britedarkness

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"Suzuka. I hate all of the characters and the story dragged on.

Exactly.

gmontem

Gantz. Man I wish they'd redo this and do it right the second time.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

~~Loktera~~

Dual! - Holy Moses! Talk about borrowed concepts. The first time I saw this I was thinking to myself "Why the hell are Relena(GW) and Tenchi(TM!) piloting Evas? And who the hell is this little Hitler Clone? SERIOUSLY?!?!? WTF?!?!"

Key: The Metal Idol - Even to this day I still don't get it.

Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of a Heroic Knight - Aside from having the longest title ever, it was one helluva way to kill an awesome series.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Kazuko

Yami No Matsui- They should remake it D: it was good and all but it needs some tweakage.

FAKE- That show needs more episodes than just two D:

ip136

People are going to go 'ohmigawd, why!?'
But...

Bleach.

I read the first manga and found it somewhat entertaining. I attempted to watch the first episode 3 different times and just for some reason disliked it so much I couldn't even get THROUGH that episode until the 3rd time.. then dumped the entire folder.
Clicky my Art Pwease?

EternalMalachi

Berserk!  Stupid not having a 2nd season yet.  When that ended, I had to double check to make sure that I wasn't missing a disc.

Full Metal Alchemist.  WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG w/ Ed?  The movie did a better job at ending the series than the end of season 2, but still.....

And whats wrong w/ Alucard in Hellsing?  Alucard = draculA, so its supposed to be Alucard, not Arucard.  Blame the Japanese for using R's for L's.

I'm rather surprised at some of the other titles on this list.  Cowboy Bebop had a perfect ending, really.  And a good (ie: makes sense and ends the story well, not good as in happy go lucky fun time) ending to a Japanese story is damn rare, if you ask me.