What anime disappointed you the most?

Started by Darryl Mendoza, February 12, 2006, 12:37:07 PM

KyraEnsui

Gundam SEED Destiny. I swear I see no redemption in Shinn's character and how Meer's death was... twirling crap. I wish they would do better than this. It's uber horrible.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "KyraEnsui"Gundam SEED Destiny. I swear I see no redemption in Shinn's character and how Meer's death was... twirling crap. I wish they would do better than this. It's uber horrible.

Finally, someone else who agrees with me.
:twisted:
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Tony

Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "Tony"What - no Evangelion?  :D
Lol! Not yet.

The anime that dissapointed me the most was... DBZ. Yeah that just fugging sucked. Then again, who expected anything from DBZ?

Tsubasa

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Spiral.  The end of the series didn't resolve any of the issues it set out to do.  What are the Blade Children?  Where's Ayumu's brother?  Nothing. -.-

Quote from: "EternalMalachi"And whats wrong w/ Alucard in Hellsing?  Alucard = draculA, so its supposed to be Alucard, not Arucard.  Blame the Japanese for using R's for L's.
The Japanese use a sound that's half-way between a R and L, so it can go either way depending on the romanization scheme.  Most people I know use "Alucard."  In the official domesticated release by Geneon, they used "Arucard."  A very poor decision if you ask me.

Quote from: "KyraEnsui"Gundam SEED Destiny. I swear I see no redemption in Shinn's character...
Shinn should die and rot.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

G.I.R

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence

Looks nice, but Booooooring!

pSyChOgArDeN

*stabs the anime ending of kare kano* -_-XX

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

Liltichan

Quote from: "KyraEnsui"Gundam SEED Destiny. I swear I see no redemption in Shinn's character and how Meer's death was... twirling crap. I wish they would do better than this. It's uber horrible.

Word
Athrun x Cagalli Fan

ip136

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"

The anime that dissapointed me the most was... DBZ. Yeah that just fugging sucked. Then again, who expected anything from DBZ?

But.. where else would we get the wonderful world of HFIL, if it were not for DBZ?   :-#
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Sunara Ishi

After the mention of the animes that made you cry... I'd say Grave of the Fireflies. I didn't expect that it would be like that.... (I watched it back in the day when I prefered happy endings.)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

100% BEEF

Mezzo DSA. The first movie was pretty cool and the series had really slick looking first 2 or 3 episodes with great visuals. But the episodic feel of it with piss poor animation and running story made me extremely dissapointed.

JME2

Samurai Deeper Kyo.

An interesting premise, but ultimately, just not engaging for me.

serajwl

Speed Grapher.

It started out so well! Then when it hit episode 12 it kind of dragged on from there. the ending was a peice of crap and I was quite a dissappointment for what could have been a good anime.

Tuplica

Quote from: "ip136"Bleach.

I read the first manga and found it somewhat entertaining. I attempted to watch the first episode 3 different times and just for some reason disliked it so much I couldn't even get THROUGH that episode until the 3rd time.. then dumped the entire folder.

That's interesting... I saw the anime first (at the con, actually, and then later that week at home) and when I went to read the manga the same week, I couldn't get past the first 30 pages or so.  I appreciated the fact that they did such a good job converting the storyline into the anime, but it's boring to read the exact same thing you just watched... Though now I'm gonna have to read the manga because this filler is killing me.

Dissapointing endings... Samurai Champloo.  Too anti-climactic and too many people with God-mode on.  And Hellsing, of course.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

deepbluevibes

joshness

Biggest Dissapointment for me was the Star Ocean EX. It just sucked when you compare it to Star Ocean 2.

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Tuplica"

I read the first manga and found it somewhat entertaining. I attempted to watch the first episode 3 different times and just for some reason disliked it so much I couldn't even get THROUGH that episode until the 3rd time.. then dumped the entire folder.

That's interesting... I saw the anime first (at the con, actually, and then later that week at home) and when I went to read the manga the same week, I couldn't get past the first 30 pages or so.  I appreciated the fact that they did such a good job converting the storyline into the anime, but it's boring to read the exact same thing you just watched... Though now I'm gonna have to read the manga because this filler is killing me.
Yes this filler is killing me as well. I ended up peaking through the recent Shonen Jump Magazine which spoiled me a new group. DAMN! Finish this arc already!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"
Quote from: "Tuplica"

Yes this filler is killing me as well. I ended up peaking through the recent Shonen Jump Magazine which spoiled me a new group. DAMN! Finish this arc already!

and speaking of Bleach, it is officially licensed now. Now I dunno if I should watch the Filler episodes and delete them from my computer.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jyunishinsho

OniCourseMusha

I like the game Viewtiful Joe
but for the anime, IT SUX!! Joe is annoying and stupid as hell!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand