Negima Anime Revamped!

Started by pockystix, February 25, 2006, 02:41:52 PM

Are you going to watch this version of Negima?

Yes!
11 (55%)
No...
1 (5%)
I haven't watched Negima before, but I'll look into it.
2 (10%)
Never have; never will.
1 (5%)
What is Negima?
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 25, 2006, 02:41:52 PM

pockystix

To all the Negimaniacs out there, here's something possibly to look foward too.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=484492&postcount=89

Done by the SHAFT [Moonphase, Pani Poni Dash!]. :o

BTW, the plot will be different from both the previous anime series and the manga, so who knows what will become of this. :/
New sn = Meirin

Jyunishinsho

I've been waiting for this version, so...

Wai!!! OF COURSE I'LL WATCH!!!

Darryl Mendoza

I too, have waited for the revamped Mahou Sensei Negima! I'll watch it because the original un-good looking one, had a really crappy feel. I saw some compared screen shots and was like, WOW!!!

HELL YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'LL WATCH IT!!!!!!
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Tsubasa

I'll check it out.  Might as well.  But first and foremost, I'm sticking to the manga continuity.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jyunishinsho

Seconded to Tsubasa's opinion, since I'm waiting for #9....

Bata-kun

Doesn't say which which television station will it be on. (Probably TV Tokyo.) I only watched part of the first one because of the seiyuu and not much else.  Now with this one, I don't see why I should watch this one.

Oh yeah.  Of course, this means that there will be more "Negimahou" radio.  Anyone know if that's good, seeing that I never heard it myself?

Edit: I figured out why I'm watching this one now.  I asked myself the question, "How many more times will I see Shiratori Yuri-san in an anime?" and I realized that this could possibly be her last one.

Tsukai Mori

Well, first manga I really read into was Love Hina and so I'm sure I'll give Ken Akamatsu more credit then he deserves (cause I'm biased like that--not really). I'll be sure to watch Negima this time around (again). I just hope that  Setsuna gets more screen time and I'll get to see this groupie:

God, I don't even know their names... How about 1, 2, and 3?

pockystix

Quote from: "Bata-kun"Oh yeah.  Of course, this means that there will be more "Negimahou" radio.  Anyone know if that's good, seeing that I never heard it myself?

Believe me, the web-radio was awesome. The DJCD releases of them even went to the top of the charts in the animate.tv shop. I really hope to hear them again [or on Himitsu no Houkagou :wink: ]

QuoteGod, I don't even know their names...

2nd pic; from the left: Kugimiya Madoka, Kakizaki Misa, Shiina Sakurako

BTW, Pani Poni Dashi + Negima = http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3074612792169967730  :lol:
New sn = Meirin

Jyunishinsho

More Sayo, ChaChaMaru and Setsuna for me.
Perhaps more Yuna and Ako as well.

YoureMyHiro

Once again straying from the original manga plotline, oh why is my favorite manga-ka okay with this? Oh well, Ill still watch in hopes of some general correlation to the original work.

Tsukai Mori

Is there any indication of character revamping? When I say this I mean completely changing the "attitude" of a character. Now, this doesn't mean I want a character dead or lifeless, but I'd think it cool if there was an intelligent change in a character's overall feel. I'll be honest with the original show. I felt that it was light. It was niether hardcore harem (good in my opinion) nor hardcore comedy (though I laughed at times). However, now I'm hoping for a more serious romance. Take out the oldman and put in a hot bishoujo or something. Give Negima some competition (or maybe he is too cute he blows the competition out of the water?). Regardless if the changes are good or bad, I'm going to try and beat ChaChaMaru in a staring contest. Here we go!

Btw: Thank you to Setsuna for telling me the character names. It was highly appreciated, mam! Thank you!

Back to the staring contest...hmmm...

pockystix

In the case of the characters, I think only their looks/designs change. I'm pretty sure their personalities would still be the same; otherwise it wouldn't feel like Negima, right? I think the only revamping they'll do would be the situation/story.
New sn = Meirin

Jyunishinsho

The only changes we'd probably see are some hair styling changes, such as color perhaps.

Whee; Sayo and ChaChaMaru both in the same pic.

Tsubasa

I just noticed that Shinbou Akiyuki's directing.  Sweet.

Quote from: "Bata-kun"Doesn't say which which television station will it be on. (Probably TV Tokyo.)
I hear it's going to be two OVAs.  And at least one is going to be shown at some event.

Quote from: "Bata-kun"Edit: I figured out why I'm watching this one now.  I asked myself the question, "How many more times will I see Shiratori Yuri-san in an anime?" and I realized that this could possibly be her last one.
You know, that's a very good reason.  I've been a fan of her since Cherry.  My favorite seiyuu on the show though is Noto Mamiko.  Then I suppose Horie Yui.  Itou Shizuka has been gaining favor with me recently too.  Unfortunately for the latter two, I don't really care much for their characters in Negima. ^^;
-Tsubasa

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "Tsubasa"You know, that's a very good reason. I've been a fan of her since Cherry. My favorite seiyuu on the show though is Noto Mamiko. Then I suppose Horie Yui. Itou Shizuka has been gaining favor with me recently too. Unfortunately for the latter two, I don't really care much for their characters in Negima. ^^;

Noto Mamiko is definitely awesome as she generally voices the timid type characters I enjoy watching develop but concerning this show its Akeno Watanabe FTW, how I love Chachamaru.

"I like-a to do-a the Chacha."

Tsubasa

Much love for Konoka, Eva, Nodoka, and Setsuna.  I suppose Chachamaru and Sayo too.
-Tsubasa

Bata-kun

QuoteI just noticed that Shinbou Akiyuki's directing.  Sweet.

Yeah.

QuoteI hear it's going to be two OVAs.  And at least one is going to be shown at some event.

You sure?  I'll have to look again.

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Much love for Konoka, Eva, Nodoka, and Setsuna.  I suppose Chachamaru and Sayo too.

Nice call. I like them too about as much as everyone in here. Well, maybe not as much cause I'm sure we have some euphoric fans of Negima here. I love the art though!

Bata-kun

Uho!  You're right!  Only two OVAs.

pockystix

There are recordings from the Negima Premier event [last last Sunday] in the Negima web radio [Himitsu no Houkago pt. 2] on the mainsite
http://www.negima.ne.jp/sche.html

In Japanese of course, but nice to hear their voices again. :]

Quoting someone from the AQS forums:
Quote from: "Jaceryl@AQS"
At first he simply talks about how he and his assistants were busy working and such, as well as how busy everybody was, how Satou Rina (Negi) and the new girl playing Chao came up to him (and how cute they were), Kanda Akemi (Asuna) announcing a new song, along with other things; everything before getting to the actual meat of the subject: the anime.

In section 1, Akamatsu goes on to talk about the anime. Needless to say, he was thoroughly impressed. He thought the animation, the sound, and everything was awesome, kind of like a movie version. The anime is 26 minutes long and seems like a beefed up version of chapters 61-62. He can definitely see the time and care put into it. He also mentions something about getting a copy of the VHS with the opening and ending. I didn't really understand what he said about the opening, but I'm assuming he's saying there's no stage version (karaoke version?). He also said the ending is like Happy Material.

In section 2 he talked about the Cast Talkshow, and how Rina said that Dai Mahora Fest totally burned them out, and then talked about aspirations from this point forward. Akamatsu also stated they all seemed very pretty (but of course, they always are). Also, he got a really good seat in the front, so it was good.

In 3 he talked about the live corner, Happy Material being easy choreography, the new song Ohayou!, which had a nice percussion and base line, and Kagayaku Kimi e (sung by all members).

In section 4, there was a little thing about cast impression. First up is the new girl playing Chao (Takamoto Megumi, I believe), who actually is a working college student, so she was very nervous due to a large amount of pressure and stress. But with some warm cheers from the guest seats, she seemed to feel relaxed.

He then states (as MV said already) that Volume 15's special edition will contain the Spring Special. It seems they'll be using this approach as opposed to selling copies as to make obtaining a copy cheap and easy.

Also: he got all the cast members' signatures again. ^^

After that he goes on to talk about sending feedback to the anime producers and a potential drawing for winning autographed QUO cards, which is open to both people who saw it and didn't get to see it (1 winner from each).
New sn = Meirin