When I watched (?), I cried...

Started by Jyunishinsho, February 28, 2006, 03:48:18 PM

Jyunishinsho

WARNING: SPOILER THREAD

In other words;

There are some anime which have strong emotional effects to its viewers. For the authors; they enjoying shring the emotions of their viewers through anime by creating scenarios which makes the viewers cry in sadness such as the death of a character, cry laughing due to intense funniness and irony, and/or cry in happiness by feeling overwhelmed. Or something like that.

So I come to the question...

Which anime had strong emotional effects on you (storyline-wise) and how did it make you feel overwhelmed?

Jyunishinsho

I'll be frank in some of my answers.

Pokemon (w00t?): When Ash attempts to abandon Pikachu; big time tear-jerker for young children.

End of Comic Party (Manga): Touching scene between Mizuki and Kazuki; felt happy; don't know why, but I just kept smiling after I read it.

Negima!: Sayo's saga; the flower garden and sister's wish. I really liked the part.

Saber Marionette J: Marionette's sacrifice for the world. One of the first for me.

pSyChOgArDeN

hm.. hoshi no koe was really sad TT__TT so was um.. that one... graves of the fireflies! yea, that was sad too T-T;

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

Eri

Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Kazuko

that one epsode of pokemon when ash decides to let pikachu stay with the other pikachu's...yes i was little and i cried so hard o__o

I cried when i watched grave of the fire flies too ;_;

xD when i watched Doraemon when Nobita wishes that everyone was gone, towards the end i shedded a tear. it was so saaad =(

the second movie of cardcaptor sakura, towards the end i shedded a few tears because it was so cute and it touched me so ;_; yes im a cry baby

Spiritsnare

Kanon caught me on the first run-through, AIR the second. And as for Key works that aren't anime yet, Planetarian killed me. I can't play that game without crying anymore.

Some of the stuff at the end of I! My! Me! Strawberry Eggs -- the dub, mind you -- made me cry for some reason. I don't know why. But after that, I started wholly respecting decent dubs.
epic progressive

vox

britedarkness

Kanon still makes me sad when I watch it... as long as I conveniently forget episode 13.  Air makes me cry too.

the_Pink_Panther24

saikano still tears me up sometimes. episode 9, the "akemi" episode can break anyone.

Kimi ga nozomu ein was pretty sad too.

Darryl Mendoza

I'm a guy and... uh... I'm a big crying baby.
These are the ones in the past year that did for me.

AIR TV made me cry like a bitch!!!!
Kimi ga Nozomu Ein made me cry at a point.
Comic Party made me cry for some reason.
Green Green made me cry at a point as well.
DN Angel made me cry alot.
Midori no Hibi made me cry sometimes.
Bleach somehow pulled it off.
Elfen Lied made me cry.
Love Hina made me cry when I was gonna first watch it because I loved the manga and then it made me angry and wish it to burn in hell after how they changed it.
And the list goes on for a while... I.. just.. uh... have to remember which ones made me cry.
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Ska_Kitti

I usually don't cry much at anime, so I don't have much.

Chrno Crusade
Sailor Moon
Key the Metal Idol
Escaflowne
Chobits
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Barnes

One episode of Sailor Moon and some other moments I can't think of right now.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

otakuya

Um, you forgot to mention that this thread might have spoilers!

Haven't seen all of SMJ yet...

Tsubasa

I'm not afraid to admit that I cry at a lot of shows.  But some of the big ones for me have been:

-AIR: The whole freakin' story is so tragic.
-Card Captor Sakura: I just couldn't stop the tears of joy after finishing the manga
-Full Moon wo Sagashite: A lot of sad stuff.
-Fushigi Yuugi: Nuriko.  Enough said.
-Ichigo 100%: So many sad moments in this series.  I was sobbing uncontrollably at the end of the 3rd year high school culture festival.  If you read the manga, you know what moment I'm referring to.
-Kanon: Makoto's story.
-One Piece: Arlong and Alabasta arcs especially.  I've read through Alabasta, but not past it.
-Saber Marionette J: The last half or so of this series was just tear-jerker after tear-jerker

I agree with Spirit on the planetarian.  It's not an anime though, so it's not on the list. =P
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Absolute0

I remember bawling when Setsuko died in Grave of the Fireflies...
especially that pathetic funeral her brother set up. I couldn't stop crying for half an hour... :cry:

XeNo

I cried when Ash tried to leave the pikachu behind with the other pikachu's as well.

For some reason I slightly cried, more so felt weird at the end of Gravitation. I think it's that ending song or something.

I don't exactly cry but at the end of a lot of anime's (last episodes) I'll get this weird feeling that I can't explain.

swordofthebezerk

2 Parts in One Piece. Happy cry though which was great. They may be the same ones that Tsubasa was refering to.

I think I cried for the end of Millennium Actress but I can't remember.

It's pretty crazy for me that an anime can stir up so much emotion, but then again thats just another reason I love it.

Updated Version

Tony

Spirited Away, when they were falling through the sky.

Neon Genesis Evangelion, at the end of the TV series. I still feel alone about that.

And Gunbuster! The end was completely in contrast to everything before it, but the style, the sacrifice, and the thought of coming back after all those years was awesome.

I actually didn't cry during Grave of the Fireflies... I just felt terrible.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Sunara Ishi

Air: the ending mostly... and parts of it...
Kanon: Makoto's and Aya's stories.
Full moon o sagashite: I've only read the manga so far but its sad.
Grave of the fireflies: It was too depressing for me.
X: The ending always make me cry.
Saiyuki: certain story lines... >.>
Parts of princess mononoke and howl's moving castle, and the one with the racoon-dogs...

A lot of mangas make me cry also... >.>
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

gmontem

"Grave of the Fireflies" and some parts of "Fruits Basket".  Now to think of a series that made me cry because it was finally over.... XD
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Ska_Kitti

x_- M'GOD.. I forgot Rayearth! All versions of Rayearth are sad. ;_; CLAMP anime are usually really sad... mrrf. Gotta watch some funny anime now.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay