prince of tennis anime

Started by deepbluevibes, March 01, 2006, 01:28:25 AM

deepbluevibes

Tsubasa

I've seen 128 episodes or so.  I just finished Rikkaidai.

I think the series is great.  It just draws you in with the excitement.  Sometime, I intend to finish up the anime.  I'll consider picking up the manga too.

Fuji has a fourth "triple" counter? XD; Crazy~.

If you want another great example of anime trumping the manga for similar reasons, check out Initial D.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

britedarkness

Once I was able to completely ignore the fact that that's not how you play tennis, I grew to like PoT.  That reminds me that I need to ask someone what volume the anime ends at so I can continue with it.

digimel11

PoT is one of my obsessions!

here' the 411 (god does anyone even say that these days???)

the anime ends after the Rikkai matches because it caught up with the manga, so they kinda just made up the last bunch of eps. the anime Rikkai matches were made up as they animated, so go read the manga from there. The manga Rikkai matches are 10 times better! All the Senbatsu and American stuff is just anime. In the manga they go on and introduce Shitenhouji, Higa, and are now playing Hyotei in the Nationals. There are supposed to be OVA eps coming out this month of the Higa matches, so keep your eyes pealed for them~
COSTUME PLANS FOR FANIME 2007: ???

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

digimel11

if you hang around the livejournal communities people always update with new information. there's also a live action movie being filmed now. most of the cast is made up of the musical cast. i believe it takes place around the Hyotei matches. AND there's going to be another musical performance in japan this month, so even though the anime has ended, the fandom is still quite busy.

jindo

Great series and really enjoyed watching them.  I was so obsessed with this series I sacrificed by Neo Geo collections to buy the R2 dvds.  :oops:
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

GokuMew2

Quote from: "digimel11"if you hang around the livejournal communities people always update with new information. there's also a live action movie being filmed now. most of the cast is made up of the musical cast. i believe it takes place around the Hyotei matches. AND there's going to be another musical performance in japan this month, so even though the anime has ended, the fandom is still quite busy.
But I'm sad that the Hyoutei cast is not the same as from the Musical. KAZU CHA~~~N! The Atobe they got for the movie looks so weird! His hair is all poofy. Mewants Kazu chan. Mmm....

*saw HyouteiMyu live in Japan* X.D
Shirota and Katou, YUM!

Looking forward to the OVAs. Better be a lotta Atobe!

Can you tell who my fave chara is? LoL.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

digimel11

of course! Atobe deserves to be worshipped ^__^ we are all awed by his prowess *is shot*

i can't wait to see the HyoMyu winter dvd~ more kazuki and saito mmmm

i'm really sad about the hyotei movie cast...ore-sama's poofy hair T___T but Date is adorable as choutaro so he'll make up for it ^__^ and the cuuuute ryoma~ chibi!Gackt is Ochibi~

GokuMew2

Quote from: "digimel11"of course! Atobe deserves to be worshipped ^__^ we are all awed by his prowess *is shot*

i can't wait to see the HyoMyu winter dvd~ more kazuki and saito mmmm

i'm really sad about the hyotei movie cast...ore-sama's poofy hair T___T but Date is adorable as choutaro so he'll make up for it ^__^ and the cuuuute ryoma~ chibi!Gackt is Ochibi~
Indeed! Atobe luv~ <3

Yeah. I really want to see/hear Tezuka and Atobe's duet! .*_* OTP!

Oh, so Date is still gonna be Ootori for the movie? Cool. Still wish the rest of Hyoutei were the same though...

I would personally rather see Yanagi as Ryoma but that's just cuz I've only seen him in the musicals (*has only seen the first Musical and HyouteiMyu*).
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests