FAQ [Updated: Dec 6th] (Update on Group Reg)

Started by MPLe, March 01, 2006, 08:10:58 AM

M

I hope this will be useful in answering questions that I have seen being asked several times.

I Paid by check on _ and it is _. Why isn't my account marked as paid yet?
Due to the number of paid checks and the way of getting them processed, it might take up to a month in order for for your account to be marked as "paid". If it has been over a month (30-31 regular, non-business days [28 days in Feb. :P]) and your account hasn't been marked as paid, please email registration [their email is registration at fanime dot com].
NOTE: This generally doesn't take up to a full month, but in some situations, it might. The general rule is that if it was cashed in, then it was accepted. ^_^

I don't have a banking account and I think PayPal's the devil. How do I pay?*
*You might not think that PayPal's the devil, but you just might have a credit card or want to use PayPal. :)
Just send in money order to the same address that you would send your check.

Help! I mailed 'it' a week ago! Where is my confirmation?
Please, please do not be vague when you are e-mailing us. We cannot help you if we don't know what you are talking about. This only slows down the process

"I lost my username and password. Could you e-mail it to me?"
See above. There are over two different kinds of accounts in Fanime -- some of which the registration department has no control over. If you have lost your fanime.com/registration Username/Password, email registration@fanime; for forums, email webmaster@fanime; if you're unsure, help@fanime or webmaster@fanime can both help you. =)

I've pre-registered! Where is my badge??
If you have paid in full your badge will be waiting for you at registration at the con. Please be prepared to show a valid form of photo ID to pick up your badge.

We were sent postcards in 2005 to pick up our badges at the convention. Where are they?
Unfortunately, we aren't doing postcards for Fanime anymore. We are now doing online postcards which you can print and bring into Fanime. These postcards are in .PDF format.

Do I NEED to have my ID in order to get my badge?
Yes. In a group, however, only the "leader" has to have ID, but if a staff member wishes to see your ID while picking up your badge, please be prepared to show your ID.

When does Pre-Registration for Fanime '07 open-up/begins?
It already did!.

I heard through some random whispering that Group Registration is being changed
As of Fanime 2007, we'll be revamping how group registration works. For starters, you are now able to register any number of people per account. This will make it easy for people to manage a group or friends/family/club that don't have ten or more people.

Wait... I will finally be able to register more then one person on a single account without having ten or more people?
Nope; We read every single email regarding the group registration and are currently testing to see how groups of two through nine will work. We are also reworking group registration as a whole (there are tons of ideas that were emailed and we're trying to see which ones are "do-able" and which ones aren't).

What will the discount be?
Unfortunately, due to rising costs among other things, there will be no price discounts this year. Fortunately, FanimeCon will be offering incentives for registering as a group.

Stipulations?
Only members that are registered in groups that have ten or more people (before the cut-off date, which is TBD) will be receiving the Group Pre-Registration Bonus. [Link]

Incentives?!
Group Pre-Registration Line - Groups will have a separate line outside of the Registration doors where they can pick up their badges.

Note: Incentives are still being worked out and will include much more. =)

Note: As questions in this thread are answered, the posts will be deleted.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

M

Updated 12/6 with more information on how to pick up your badges. =)

Spiritsnare

Have any more incentives been worked out?
epic progressive

vox

M

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Have any more incentives been worked out?

They have and will be posted this weekend. I'm extremely sorry for the delay.

trupnoi

i'm trying to add another person to my group registration... but i don't see a button to add a new one... is the group registration closed already?

ae86co

Quote from: "trupnoi"i'm trying to add another person to my group registration... but i don't see a button to add a new one... is the group registration closed already?

Group Registration has closed with the end of Pre-Registration.  Have your friend sign up for Early Registration instead, but they will have to pick up their Early Registration badge in the Pre-registration/Early Registration line.
Antonio E.
FanimeCon 2003-2005 Registration Staff
FanimeCon 2006 Registration Second
FanimeCon 2007-2008 Registration Head
FanimeCon 2009 Finance Head

trupnoi

Fructose

It occurs to me, you say there will be a Group Pre-Reg line, is this line only for those who group registered 10 or more, or all groups(-9)? Along that same vein, does the "Group Leader Pickup" apply to 9 person groups, or only 10+? Also, assuming that 9 person groups pick up their badges individually, is it possible for a person to pick up someone else's badge if they have their ID? (Like, Person A has Person B's legal ID, can A pick up B's badge for them?)

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Fructose"It occurs to me, you say there will be a Group Pre-Reg line, is this line only for those who group registered 10 or more, or all groups(-9)? Along that same vein, does the "Group Leader Pickup" apply to 9 person groups, or only 10+? Also, assuming that 9 person groups pick up their badges individually, is it possible for a person to pick up someone else's badge if they have their ID? (Like, Person A has Person B's legal ID, can A pick up B's badge for them?)

Only groups with 10 or more get the group pre reg line.

However, I think that any 'group' registration can have their leader pick up the badges for them whether they have 4 or 9 members in the group. As per the rules, ONLY the leader can pick up the badges in a group situation.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

SuperKawaiiNeko

As someone who has worked thursday registration in the past I can say that this is true. Any group, weather its two people or twenty or two hundred can use the group registration line and can also have the group leader pick up the badges.

Weather non leaders can pick up other peoples' badges (I doubt it) or even pick up their own, I have no idea. The website is deliciously vague on the workings of group registration.
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

otakuapprentice

this doesnt have anything to do with group reg, but i didnt know where to post this.

i forgot to pre-reg, but i plan on doing early-reg. do i still get the fancy laminated badges, or will i be stuck with a paper badge?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

GokuMew2

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"i forgot to pre-reg, but i plan on doing early-reg. do i still get the fancy laminated badges, or will i be stuck with a paper badge?
I believe only pre-registered people get the spiffy badge. Early reg just gets to pick up their badge at the same time as pre-regged people.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "GokuMew2"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"i forgot to pre-reg, but i plan on doing early-reg. do i still get the fancy laminated badges, or will i be stuck with a paper badge?
I believe only pre-registered people get the spiffy badge. Early reg just gets to pick up their badge at the same time as pre-regged people.
so im basically gonna end up getting the paper badge if i go with early registration?

Tony

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"so im basically gonna end up getting the paper badge if i go with early registration?
Correct.

But, it means you can pick up your badge as early as Thursday (May 25) evening (and see ZZ :P) and you don't have to fumble around with having to enter your info and pay for it on the spot.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"so im basically gonna end up getting the paper badge if i go with early registration?
Correct.

But, it means you can pick up your badge as early as Thursday (May 25) evening (and see ZZ :P) and you don't have to fumble around with having to enter your info and pay for it on the spot.
aw nuts. and i so wanted to get the spiffy cool laminated badge, too. oh well, looks like i may have to attempt for staff at the next meeting, then.

SuperKawaiiNeko

Oh, man. ZZ is playing Thursday? Nice XD Thats gonna be awesome, along with the Play! symphony

Head of Volunteers 2010

Fructose

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Only groups with 10 or more get the group pre reg line.

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Any group, weather its two people or twenty or two hundred can use the group registration line and can also have the group leader pick up the badges.

...ummm... conflicting information? Who is correct here?

SuperKawaiiNeko

I may be incorrect. I dont THINK I am, but I may be.

Head of Volunteers 2010

M

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Only groups with 10 or more get the group pre reg line.

The above is correct. Only groups that have 10 or more members can use the group pre-reg line.

Fructose

Okay. Can I get a for sure confirmation as to whether of not -10 groups can pick their badges up individually, or if only the group leader can?