raves at fanime?

Started by misfits_cure, March 11, 2006, 12:44:15 PM

misfits_cure

are there really raves there? and r they any good? :shock:
:3

Thorn Atropa

Eh.
If you want a rave, go to a real rave.  They are more like hyperactive dances with con-folk.
--
"Crossdressing lolis and submissive switches
Ukes and semes and sex-magick witches
Beautiful boys and girls tied up with string
These are a few of my favourite things"

misfits_cure

what time do the start and end at usually?

Tuplica

There's usually 3, I think.  With an extra theme-oriented one on Thursday possible for people who pre-regged.  I don't know when they start or end, but they're long.  Long meaning several hours.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Tony

The closest thing will probably be the dance nights, which are pretty much every night from 10 to 2, I believe.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

misfits_cure

Ruby

I wouldn't really consider it a real rave...>_> (Thats good, right? Real raves usually = Ecstacy and we don't need that cause we all know you can get those fun hallucinations  from just staying up all weekend during the Con, right? ;P And no, I'm not suggesting staying up the entire duration of the convention. Sleep is your friend).

Anyway...it's a dance. >.> And just a bunch of people waving cool glowy sticks around :3 Glowsticks are shiny.

I like shiny.

[EDIT]: PLEASE, don't make that dance in the huge room again! That sucked. I liked it better in the smaller rooms. >.> lyk srsly ya kno!!!1one. Much better. Big space = no.
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Tuplica

It's definitely being moved.  I don't know what room they're putting it in, but another thread noted that the arcade was being moved to the room the dance was in this year.  Which is just fine by me.  The dance nearly seems cursed roomwise- everything's either way too small or way too gigantic (I prefer gigantic) but hopefully this year'll be an improvement on all fronts!
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Eri

Yes, the dance is being moved to a smaller room this year. Which one exactly escapes my mind at the moment. I *think* the room is bigger than C, which was where it was in 04.

A lot of things are going to be put into exhibit hall 1 (artists row, demo stuff, among others) and 3 (arcade and others), so it's not like we'll be dumping events in a large space like the dance last year.... and feel all... small, for lack of a better word.
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

DJ Stormy

Quote from: "Thorn Atropa"Eh.
If you want a rave, go to a real rave.  They are more like hyperactive dances with con-folk.

Cheers to that.

David S-

http://djstormy.neoterrastudios.com

Dj Stormy @ Myspace

Shi_Musouka

Aren't the dances limited to only people who pre-registered?

Might be an off-topic question, but since the thread is about dances, it might fit.

Tuplica

No.

There was a dance on Thursday last year that was reserved for those who pre-regged- but that made sense, since aside from the staff, pre-reg people were the only ones there.  (You can pick up pre-regged badges on Thursdays if you want)

The other dances are open to anybody who registered.

winry_elric

it was sooo fun last year ^_______^ *was her first Fanime* how much smaller will the room be this year? i thought the room last year was fine, but there weren't that many people when i was there....

Shiiva

This rave has to be better than the one in Denver. I think at the last one my friends described to me people reaching in the air looking for an invisible rope..  There weren't even any drugs... :shock:

Ruby

Quote from: "Shiiva"This rave has to be better than the one in Denver. I think at the last one my friends described to me people reaching in the air looking for an invisible rope..  There weren't even any drugs... :shock:

Maybe it was a rave for Mimes...  :shock: lol
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Kazuko

:3 I cant wait to dance at fanime <3 it was fun last year but tooo huuuge >_<

I hope its not too small eather =p
Funk + crowded space = death by air D:<

Kegan_Flame

ooo really! Dances!? Raves!? eeep! (this is my first con ever :"\ )  all sounds soooo kool!

Nanashi

I remember the dance last year...It was alright...until the scary shirtless guys came and started rubbing against eachother...I didn't laugh or smile for a week.  :cry:
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Kegan_Flame

Asa_Gohan

Dammit Nanashi dont remind me of that...Oh dear god....*feels eyes burn and runs to the bathroom*

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...