Harry Potter (HP Gathering)

Started by Kouri Neko, March 14, 2006, 09:08:13 PM

Kouri Neko

Anyone for an HP gathering?  Will there be one?
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Hired_Blade_Kage

Quote from: "Kouri Neko"Anyone for an HP gathering?  Will there be one?

No Offense, but I didn't know that Harry Potter was considered Anime... O.o acctually I didn't know people wanted to cosplay HP at all...

Umm... I hope you get more replies than this confused person.
Is there a reason why you're staring at me as if you want to speak to me?

sharingannosasuke

i'll try if i can..
that is, if there is going to be one
and if i finish in time..
feh.. nani wo mitsumeteiru darou

Kouri Neko

Hmm..  If not a lot of people are going HP, I doubt there will be a gathering.   :? However, it would be nice to have one.  *shrugs* Oh well..

Ari

Quote from: "Hired_Blade_Kage"

No Offense, but I didn't know that Harry Potter was considered Anime... O.o acctually I didn't know people wanted to cosplay HP at all...

Well actually it doesn't truly matter if your cosplaying from anime. I think it's just the actual thrill of working nonstop on your costume and being able to show it to others. Last year i did in fact see a group cosplaying Harry potter i mean i saw a whole lot of groups that weren't anime.

Harry potter
O-Ren Ishii and the crazy 88's
Mario and Luigi
FF8 characters. A LOT of selphies
FF7 Cloud from advent children (<3 he did such a good job)
FF10 Lulu
Resident evil (The movie!!) There was a guy dressed up like a umbrella swat officer and his friend was dressed up like Milla Jovovich
Kindom Hearts 2
And I even saw a group of guys cosplaying Star wars. I mean C'mon star wars.

Kouri Neko

Quote from: "Ari"
Quote from: "Hired_Blade_Kage"

Well actually it doesn't truly matter if your cosplaying from anime. I think it's just the actual thrill of working nonstop on your costume and being able to show it to others. Last year i did in fact see a group cosplaying Harry potter i mean i saw a whole lot of groups that weren't anime.

Harry potter
O-Ren Ishii and the crazy 88's
Mario and Luigi
FF8 characters. A LOT of selphies
FF7 Cloud from advent children (<3 he did such a good job)
FF10 Lulu
Resident evil (The movie!!) There was a guy dressed up like a umbrella swat officer and his friend was dressed up like Milla Jovovich
Kindom Hearts 2
And I even saw a group of guys cosplaying Star wars. I mean C'mon star wars.

There is nothing wrong with cosplaying Star Wars.  I would do it if I could.  Cosplaying anything is fun.  I've considered cosplaying LOR.

Ari

I never said there was anything wrong with cosplaying start wars, lol. I was just emphasizing the point that you don't have to cosplay just anime at an anime convention. I people can cosplay star wars and Lotr then they sure as hell can cosplay Harry potter.

~~Loktera~~

The way I see it, if there is a Doujinshi made (Teehee ---> Weasly Twins x Harry Yaoi Doujin!) of that series, it is accepted enough to allow cosplay of that series. Video games are fair game too simply because they are so infused in the Otaku culture, many of us would probably wither away and die with out them.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Yankumi

I'm going as a Ravenclaw student on one day.  My little brother has a Slytherin costume, I wonder if I can convince him to wear it.  

I went to one of the big doujinshi cons in Japan a couple of years ago and there were lots of people cosplaying as HP characters and there were definitely LOTS of HP doujinshi.  

I'm excited that other people are dressing up as well!  I hope that there will be enough of us to get a group going.

sharsachan

my group [the desert chikins] will be cosplaying harry potter on at least one day, we have school robes draco, school robes hermione, and school robes ginny. we also have [summers away from hogwarts] fred, george and Ginny, and possibly hermione.

we'd love to go to a gathering for hp!
Founder of the Desert Chikins

Yankumi

Right, probably a good idea to actually identify my character.  I'll be going as school robes Luna Lovegood.

Green_Tea

I'm playing with the idea of coming as Hedwig. Lol
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

Yankumi

That would be really cute!  I've seen lots of people cosplaying as "animals" who just did the head, hands and feet and then wore some sort of leotard or jumpsuit (because the massive all-over suits get sooooooo hot).  They look really cute!  Especially the moogles ^_^

sharsachan

so, we should probably work on setting a time for the gathering if we all want to go to one, eh?

saturday is the most popular day of the con usually, though i know it's pretty packed with other photoshoots as well.

my group has finally decided to wear [summers away from hogwarts] ginny, george and fred weasley.

we'd be able to do a gathering sometime saturday before noon, but after noon, we're quite booking with other photoshoots. and sunday, we have photoshoots and masquerade stuff to deal with... if anyone wants to do the gathering a different day, feel free to suggest! friday and monday are completely open for us, though i know monday isn't necisarily that busy for the con.

sharsachan

anyone have a preference for what day/time? friday morning & afternoon, sat morning, or anytime monday works for us!

felicity869

We had one last year. It was a lot of fun and there was a decent turnout (pictures from last year: http://j9photos.livejournal.com/18086.html)

I was thinking about wearing my Tonks costume for at least half a day. No real preference on day/time.

Kouri Neko

I'm not sure..  I'm struggling to make it to gatherings.  Lets see:

KH2 on Friday - Yuna
Ragnarok on Saturday - Priestess

We could have the HP gathering anytime, as long as it doesn't overlap some gatherings.  

Please make a good suggestion for which day and time is best.

I'll be dressed as Cho Chang.

pockystix

*coughmergewithNegimacosplaycough* XD
New sn = Meirin

sharsachan

selphie and i have been chatting and we think sunday at noon sounds like a good time, meeting at the fountains. we're going to spread the word on friday and sat to any HP cosplayers we see so that the gathering can be big and lots of fun.

K&K4ever

Tell me when you guys have settled on a day and time.  I (unfortunetly) won't be cosplaying HP (mainly because I have too many outfits as it is. 8-[

But I promissed a freind of mine (who couldn't come :-({|= ) that I would take pictures at the HP and Gaiya gathering.

Hope to hear from you soon.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.