Here is a list of the ARCADE Games for FanimeCon

Started by PassingTheBuck, March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

The ACRADE games listed, rate the WHOLE list on a scale of one (hate them) to five (love them):

One (This is the worst selection possible):
0 (0%)
Two (This selection is only barely worth my time):
2 (5.6%)
Three (Only half of this selection is worth playing):
8 (22.2%)
Four (The majority of this selection is worth playing):
19 (52.8%)
Five (I don't know where to begin playing!!!):
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

PassingTheBuck

Here is the proposed list of arcade games that FanimeCon will have:

Music Games:
* 2pcs-Dance Dance Revolution Supernova (if released, otherwise Extreme)
* DrumMania V
* GuitarMania V
* Beatmania III
* Pop n Music Anime version

Gun Games:
*Time Crisis 3
* Ghost Squad
* Point Blank

Fighting Games:
* Guilty Gear XX Slash
* Soul Calibur 3 (if release by then)
* King of Fighters XI
* Marvel vs. Capcom 2
* Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
* Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike
* Capcom vs SNK 2

Driving:
* At least 2 players - Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2
* 2 players - Initial D 3

Redemption:
* Fancy Lifter EX
* Chocolate Factory

Other:
* Air Hockey
* Striker 1945
* Metal Slug 5

The question in the POLL is on a scale of one to five, how would you rate this array of games?

Additionally, what comments do you have about the games offered?

Thanks,

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

deepbluevibes

Jyunishinsho

Ohsu

俺の名を言ってみろ!

Tsubasa

I approve.  I'll primarily be hitting up SCIII and KoF XI.  Maybe Slash and DR if I decide to take them any more seriously.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

otakuya

What's Chocolate Factory? Is it like that crane game at the arcade entrance at SJSU? (for those who know about it)

Either way, I can't wait to try SuperNOVA! I'm probably going to play it around midnight or later cuz I bet there's gonna be a LONG line to play it. It's the U.S. premiere of it, right?

Magical Senpai

Nice mixup of games, wish we could get a IIDX in there though.

Chun

Everything there is great except for one thing.

The Dance Maniax machine was pretty darn popular last year. A return of it would be nice.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

gmontem

Thanks for getting the air hockey table, Craige. :)  

Edit: Would this happen to be one of the full-sized dynamo tables?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Chun"Everything there is great except for one thing.

The Dance Maniax machine was pretty darn popular last year. A return of it would be nice.

~Chun
I agree since thats the only music game I do... at this moment.

Though I approve of SCIII and KOF XI. ^.^b
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Richie Likes Maids"Nice mixup of games, wish we could get a IIDX in there though.

Yes, but if BMIII is in fact BMIII THE FINAL, I'm up for some complete five-key action.

Bring your floppies to track stats at Fanime. >D

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"Here is the proposed list of arcade games that FanimeCon will have:

Music Games:
* 2pcs-Dance Dance Revolution Supernova (if released, otherwise Extreme)
* DrumMania V
* GuitarMania V
* Beatmania III
* Pop n Music Anime version

This whole list is sufficiently bemanigasmic, but lacks DanceManiaX and ParaParaParadise. Pop'n Music Animelo will attract a lot of people, as welll as GFdm, but I concur with deepbluevibes -- V2 would be appreciated. As said before, very solid selection.

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"Gun Games:
*Time Crisis 3
* Ghost Squad
* Point Blank

Time Crisis 3 and Ghost Squad are very solid staples to the genre, and Point Blank's a very good choice for casual on-lookers. However, there's a lack of House of the Dead.

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"Fighting Games:
* Guilty Gear XX Slash
* Soul Calibur 3 (if release by then)
* King of Fighters XI
* Marvel vs. Capcom 2
* Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
* Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike
* Capcom vs SNK 2

A wide array of fighters, most at their latest incarnation -- I see no problems here. :3

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"Driving:
* At least 2 players - Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2
* 2 players - Initial D 3

This would be perfect if not for lack of Mario Kart Arcade GP.

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"Redemption:
* Fancy Lifter EX
* Chocolate Factory

Mmm, chocolate. ^_^b

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"Other:
* Air Hockey

Would you consider getting two tables? There's probably going to be a lot of people playing this...other than that, WOOHOO AIR HOCKEY.

Voted 4. With certain machines (DMX/PPP/MK AC GP) and certain upgrades (GFdm V2 and IIDX in place of III), the arcade's going to suck more of my money up than the dealer's hall.
epic progressive

vox

Khaistyle

Well, I'm pleased with an updated list of games for fanime this year. But it would've been cool to get the following:

GF&DM V2: Better working machine, and readily available at SVGL. You used SVGL's machines last year, why switch now?

Pop'n Music 8 or above: Where the heck did you get anime version? As cool as it is, I guarantee anyone who's played pop'n music at least a fair amount will get bored. More importantly though, how about a newer mix with more challenging songs?

ParaPara Paradise: I know someone else wants this out there. Speak up now!

BM:III is a step up from last year's ghetto 5key, I readily except it, because we all know the only nearby IIDX machine has the timing issues from hell.
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Khaistyle"Well, I'm pleased with an updated list of games for fanime this year. But it would've been cool to get the following:

Pop'n Music 8 or above: Where the heck did you get anime version? As cool as it is, I guarantee anyone who's played pop'n music at least a fair amount will get bored. More importantly though, how about a newer mix with more challenging songs?

ParaPara Paradise: I know someone else wants this out there. Speak up now!

Pop'n Music: The majority of the people who go to the con haven't played it. Think of Animelo as a stepping stone to higher ground, much like Beatmania US...:3

ParaParaParadise: I already did. Look above you.
epic progressive

vox

Tuplica

Airhockey?! Hellsyeah!

Having Supernova there WILL be awesome, but as Otakuya said, yeah, I bet the lines are going to be extreme... (pun not intended).  Hmm, no plans to have a second DDR machine again this year?  Given how massive some of the waits were for the Extreme machine last year, it might relieve some of the tension.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

deepbluevibes

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tuplica"Hmm, no plans to have a second DDR machine again this year?

It does say 2pcs...
epic progressive

vox

alkaline

DDR, 3rd Strike. Yes. I am pleased :D

Though, the Pop'n Animelo makes me sad. It's trash really, but ah well. All I really wanted was 3rd Strike and the random 3am game of DDR.

Fuchikoma

Everything Khaistyle is true.

GF/DM V is ok but V2 would have been loads better.

And Pop'n Music Animelo is just, bad.

Get SVGL's machines again, please.

Tuplica

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Tuplica"Hmm, no plans to have a second DDR machine again this year?

It does say 2pcs...

Oh.  Hah.  I assumed that meant two-player-capable.  Whoops.

In which case- ZOMG! TWO Supernova/Extreme machines?  Wahoo!
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

deepbluevibes