Here is a list of the ARCADE Games for FanimeCon

Started by PassingTheBuck, March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

The ACRADE games listed, rate the WHOLE list on a scale of one (hate them) to five (love them):

One (This is the worst selection possible):
0 (0%)
Two (This selection is only barely worth my time):
2 (5.6%)
Three (Only half of this selection is worth playing):
8 (22.2%)
Four (The majority of this selection is worth playing):
19 (52.8%)
Five (I don't know where to begin playing!!!):
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

Okay, I should have been watching the threads a little closer and that's my mistake...

I do have a contract with the company supplying the games and it's not wise, business-wise, to piss off the customer by promising one thing and dropping off something completely else.

This is our first year test marketing this company and the recommandation for them came from the BOD and I'm the guy on the front line who has to make it happen.

If I get egg on my face, you think I want to use them again?  As Homer would say "DUH".  No!

So, in three weeks, the machine will be showing up at the Convention Center and I will have my check list.  Everyone else will be able to start playing on them on Thursday night and I'm planning on pulling the plugs on Monday at 6:00pm.

After that point, we are all back on the BB, commenting on what was your impressions were of the machines and their support staff. 

Deal?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Gogetah

It's disappointing that Golfland isn't providing the arcade games this year. They provided a very good selection last year. I was hoping that they would provide games for this year's, then there would be a high chance they would bring Keyboardmania 3rd Mix and Pop'n Music 8.

"Music Games:
* 2pcs-Dance Dance Revolution Supernova (if released, otherwise Extreme)
* DrumMania V
* GuitarMania V
* Beatmania III
* Pop n Music Anime version"

I'd really like to see Keyboardmania at this year's Fanime. I played it quite a bit at last year's ($60+?). It also got a lot of attention from people who had never seen it before.

It's good that it looks like there's going to be at least A Pop'n Music game. 8 or later would be much better though, because they have much more songs to choose from and also include anime songs. The Anime versions have very small, limited song lists.

deepbluevibes

YoureMyHiro

To bring your own stool youd be hardcore like KhaiStyle but they really should provide them. As long as they have 3S and CvS2 Ill be content.

deepbluevibes

Aznmnky

As long as they have 3S, CvS2, and MvC2....me and Anthony will be owning. OH WAIT....HIYA JESSE! Didn't see you...lol -_-'

serajwl

Not bad! not bad! Glad to see supernova there. And we could have some mad fun with air hockeyXD

And out of the way! I'll be playing metal slug for a while :O

Aznmnky

Last year, I recall, all the fighting game machines required 2 coins to play...Does that seem whack to anyone? Everywhere else is 1 coin.  Kinda ruins the atmosphere. I even bet a lot of people don't want to pay 2 coins just to get whooped including myself.  Just wanted to let you guys know.

deepbluevibes

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "Aznmnky"As long as they have 3S, CvS2, and MvC2....me and Anthony will be owning. OH WAIT....HIYA JESSE! Didn't see you...lol -_-'

LOL Watch out now! Its two coins depending on the Vendor, why last year they had it at two Ill never know since they were GL machines then but this year the vendor is different so maybe the prices will be too? If you dont feel like spending too much on the arcade cabs there is always the console room, which Ill probably be for a little bit now and again. Lets do this.

deepbluevibes

Aznmnky

Lol...we are lucky then ^_^.  The vendor is the same as the one supplying SJSU with their cabinets as HentaiTentacleDemon mentioned. All SJSU's cabs are 1 coin each except the new releases such as KOF XI, which is still 2 right now, I think.

deepbluevibes

OCEguy

DM will be V for sure and the GF will be V and sessioned.

We'll have an adjustable stool there.

deepbluevibes

OCEguy

yes, of course height.

YoureMyHiro

deepbluevibes

YoureMyHiro

Well they were nice enough to provide an ADJUSTABLE stool and session the games. Last year they didnt do either. I only wish they might have added an ITG machine for some random goodness.

deepbluevibes