Here is a list of the ARCADE Games for FanimeCon

Started by PassingTheBuck, March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

The ACRADE games listed, rate the WHOLE list on a scale of one (hate them) to five (love them):

One (This is the worst selection possible):
0 (0%)
Two (This selection is only barely worth my time):
2 (5.6%)
Three (Only half of this selection is worth playing):
8 (22.2%)
Four (The majority of this selection is worth playing):
19 (52.8%)
Five (I don't know where to begin playing!!!):
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: March 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM

mDuo13

My impression was that Melty Blood's main attraction was the Tsukhime characters. I'm not really sure though.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "mDuo13"My impression was that Melty Blood's main attraction was the Tsukhime characters. I'm not really sure though.
You would be correct most of the time, but there is a solid fighting engine in there somewhere and I've seen people who know nothing of the series pick it up and enjoy it.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

abbytion

SuperNOVA woulda been cool  :(
Beatmania IIDX (hopefully Distorted or Happy sky) still has yet to show itself at a fanime
Why can't we get a V2 for Drummania or Guitar Freaks?

I know In The Groove 1 and 2 can be ungodly hard but they DO have an easy mode, so why don't we have a machine of it?

Also, having a whole row of DDR machines would be cool  :P

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "abbytion"Also, having a whole row of DDR machines would be cool  :P

I hope they dont do that, seperate it like last year, when the machines are right next to each other side by side, the sound gets distorted.

deepbluevibes

OCEguy

Quote from: "FiliKlepto"
Quote from: "OCEguy"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"just curious, but are the games that are listed on the first page the final list of what there is going to be, or is there going to be a change of what is going to be available?

There may be a few changes but that's pretty much what you can expect.

Thanks for signing up for the board, OCEguy.  :3  I was wondering, can we expect to see DanceManiaX at Fanime?  That's the one thing not on the proposed list that I would love to see confirmed for the con.

No Dance Maniax this year.  I'll keep that in mind for next year.

FiliKlepto

Quote from: "FiliKlepto"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"just curious, but are the games that are listed on the first page the final list of what there is going to be, or is there going to be a change of what is going to be available?

There may be a few changes but that's pretty much what you can expect.

Thanks for signing up for the board, OCEguy.  :3  I was wondering, can we expect to see DanceManiaX at Fanime?  That's the one thing not on the proposed list that I would love to see confirmed for the con.

<-- That was my reaction, reading your response.  But thanks for replying, and I look forward to seeing it at Fanime 07.   :D
I want death to find me planting my cabbages.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey, you know Mop Head?  At the Fanime '04 Saturday gameshow?  I so totally named her.  ^^"

Spiritsnare

Can you also please keep ParaParaParadise (2ndMIX?) in mind for next year as well? ^^;
epic progressive

vox

YoureMyHiro

Has it been stated yet whether we will be using Tokens or Quarters this year for the arcade cabs?

OCEguy

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"Has it been stated yet whether we will be using Tokens or Quarters this year for the arcade cabs?

Quarters

Gogetah

Any status changes for Pop'n Music and Keyboardmania? A version of Pop'n Music was mention on the initial list, but not much else has been said about it.

alice

Quote from: Tsubasa
Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)
I resent that statement because I abhor the MvC series.  I would say Melty = GG.  To reinforce that, the MB system even incorporates some very GG-esque elements.  It lacks the ever important RC system though.

I agree, MB is nothing like MvC and far more similar to GG. I really find no point in comparing combo systems: No matter what game it is, combos are based off memorization and accuracy, regardless of whether it is KOF or MVC. Combo system may add competition to the game in the same sense that they have DDR competitions. The heart of the game lies in initiating these combos, and not the combos themselves. IN this sense, Melty blood can be just as deep as any other ftg. Other elements like seal add more depth to the game as well.

btw, did someone say garou. Anyone wanna play :D?

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Gogetah"Any status changes for Pop'n Music and Keyboardmania? A version of Pop'n Music was mention on the initial list, but not much else has been said about it.

The only change I've got on file is that the beatmaniaIII cab has been changed to beatmania7thMIX, which is rare as hell. Love ya, OCEguy.
epic progressive

vox

Asa_Gohan

I saw the machines at the swap meet no v2 which makes ne sad T_T and no super nova

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Spiritsnare

No offense, man, but you can't expect something that's not expected to be there in the first place.

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"...no v2 which makes ne sad T_T

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"Here is the proposed list of arcade games that FanimeCon will have:

Music Games:
* DrumMania V
* Guitar[Freaks] V

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"...and no super nova

Quote from: "MPLe"If Fanime gets it, it'll be very last minute.
epic progressive

vox

Asa_Gohan

I know I know but there was a chance and I dont care much for super nova but I did wanna try it out.

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

lying is an art form

When I left Exhibit Hall 3, the DDR machines were like placed so close to each other. I hope it'll be spread out by tomorrow, since both DDR machines and Beatmania 7th Mix will like just cancel each other out if they're all bunched up.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Spiritsnare

Shouldn't arcades be sharing room with E-Gaming? Therefore, wouldn't they have to move it for today?

So yeah, it should be fixed.
epic progressive

vox

Umi.Ryuuzaki

FYI, this thread has served its purpose. The feedback threads up, located here. Unstickying.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!