2015 B's Final Shonen Jump Gathering

Started by BSaphire, March 20, 2006, 10:11:33 AM

BSaphire

:-* :-* :-* LOVE YOU JUMP COSPEEPS!!! :-* :-* :-*

I have never been so impressed with the Jump gathering as I was this year! It was all the Jump love that brought me to tears on Sunday. You guys were just AWESOME! Thank you all for making Sunday a JUMPtastic Day for me! When I get done with my photos I will post the link here and on the photography thread. Till then though I would love to hear what everyone thought and start on the 2011 line up!

XXX & OOOO's
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Ryo_Hellsing

I loved the fact that there where so many different types of costumes from the less done series this year! It made me very happy to see everyone, and I can not wait to either join or watch next year :D  Thank you for hosting this year BSaphire!

BunofGovt

Felt like we had more series represented this year, I saw a few titles that I had not seen before!  And it's always nice to see under-teens cosplayers (adorable!).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

BunofGovt

Quote from: BSaphire on April 19, 2010, 11:43:56 PM
Quote from: BunofGovt on April 18, 2010, 12:24:04 AM
... Maybe have us all in place for a large group shot, then pull the groups out one by one for pics, but try to keep everyone else in place in the background?  Like when you and Star Geno get in front of us.
That would be a cool idea! Having small groups come out into the front and the rest of the Jump cospeeps forming the background! I like that! ...

As the one who suggested this idea, I feel like a goofball that my group ended up not doing it since our gathering time was scheduled for 3:30 and we went off to do it right after the first group photos.   :-[

Can I suggest for next year that when you are assigning times for the gatherings that you somehow warn any Jump titles that they may wish to delay their gatherings until at least one hour after the scheduled Jump gathering?  (e.g. Jump gathering scheduled for 3:00pm, therefore should not have another Jump title gathering until 4pm).

That way, all the Jump titles could stay together for the gathering, then go on their separate ways.  Just a thought.

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on June 02, 2010, 02:39:39 AM
Quote from: BSaphire on April 19, 2010, 11:43:56 PM
Quote from: BunofGovt on April 18, 2010, 12:24:04 AM
... Maybe have us all in place for a large group shot, then pull the groups out one by one for pics, but try to keep everyone else in place in the background?  Like when you and Star Geno get in front of us.
That would be a cool idea! Having small groups come out into the front and the rest of the Jump cospeeps forming the background! I like that! ...

As the one who suggested this idea, I feel like a goofball that my group ended up not doing it since our gathering time was scheduled for 3:30 and we went off to do it right after the first group photos.   :-[

Can I suggest for next year that when you are assigning times for the gatherings that you somehow warn any Jump titles that they may wish to delay their gatherings until at least one hour after the scheduled Jump gathering?  (e.g. Jump gathering scheduled for 3:00pm, therefore should not have another Jump title gathering until 4pm).

That way, all the Jump titles could stay together for the gathering, then go on their separate ways.  Just a thought.
CHIBIs were so kawaii :) I have a link to the SJG photos I took on the first post and they are the album photo.

Deathnote I placed 1/2 hr before due to all my responsibilities and I still had to step away for a meeting and let my staff handle it. I thought they would be there though :(
As for Gintama... I asked if the group wanted to jump *giggles* in and do a quick group shot but a couple said no so it didn't happen. When they set up the gathering they were aware that Jump was @ 3 and wanted to slip away @ 3:30 for theirs... it was the organizers call. I would have liked to see them @ 4 pm too so I could have gotten a few shots, but alas I had the Sailor Moon gathering @ 4 pm so I had to run.

Live and learn... maybe next year everyone will work to get in the Jump gathering and make it Epic in #'s attending & Epic in # of titles represented! Then I will break down and bawl!... bring tissues please cause you guys already got me crying you were all so AWESOME!

SQUIDGES
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

I posted my Jump photos & the Link is on the Photography thread if anyone is looking for my shots.
I'm planning a couple of new cosplays for next year and I was wondering if the Jump peeps had any suggestions (include title with character please) that they think I would look good in for a Jump cosplay?

LOVE YOU ALL
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

amaya_JDB

I guess I"ll start the line for 2011 ^^

All Bleach characters:
I'm gonna be Soi Fon
My fiance is gonna be Urahara Kisuke
And our friend is gonna be Hitsugaya
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

Shinigami_Lover

DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

MyMidnightAffair

Hello there!

I plan on cosplaying as Kyubei Yagyu from Gintama. ^^ (a slightly different version from the purple kimono cosplay seen in the anime. )
I'm so excited! This will be my first time attending a Shonen Jump Gathering.

himitsu_

Hey!
I'm crossplaying Mihael Keehl (Mello), and my best friend Tim will cosplay Matt from Death Note.

^^

StarGeno

Hey guys,

I thought this year's gathering went very well. Great work as always BSaphire! I especially enjoyed playing cosplay checkers! I hope everyone else had a fun time and will be back again next year!

BunofGovt

Quote from: BSaphire on June 04, 2010, 08:23:00 AM
I posted my Jump photos & the Link is on the Photography thread if anyone is looking for my shots.
I'm planning a couple of new cosplays for next year and I was wondering if the Jump peeps had any suggestions (include title with character please) that they think I would look good in for a Jump cosplay?

LOVE YOU ALL
BSaphire

Aw, wouldn't you know, I can't think of any except maybe Captain Hina from One Piece, or Tsukuyo from Gintama.  I'm sure someone will more suggestions as time goes on ...

Too bad Black Lagoon isn't Jump, 'cause then I'd suggest Balalaika ...  ;D

EDIT:  sorry, forgot Eliade from DGrayman and Misa from Death Note.  Were you thinking of characters with blond hair?  I assumed that, since you have blond hair ...

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on June 28, 2010, 09:24:35 PM
Quote from: BSaphire on June 04, 2010, 08:23:00 AM

LOVE YOU ALL
BSaphire

Aw, wouldn't you know, I can't think of any except maybe Captain Hina from One Piece, or Tsukuyo from Gintama.  I'm sure someone will more suggestions as time goes on ...

Too bad Black Lagoon isn't Jump, 'cause then I'd suggest Balalaika ...  ;D

EDIT:  sorry, forgot Eliade from DGrayman and Misa from Death Note.  Were you thinking of characters with blond hair?  I assumed that, since you have blond hair ...
Not wearing a wig is always good :P but mostly I look at age, body size and height, and face shape. There are only so many characters that are above 5'7" and that is one of the reasons why got into cross play :) I will need to check into a couple of those characters. Thanks BunofGovt.

@ StarGeno: It sure has come a long way and the fun has only just begun! Glad you had a blast and btw... what character and series are you doing next year? Got anything new planned?

BTW... I updated the first post!
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

himitsu_

Also, the gathering for 2011 will be on a sunday, yes?

BSaphire

Quote from: himitsu_ on July 08, 2010, 03:35:12 PM
Also, the gathering for 2011 will be on a sunday, yes?
Yes it will be Sunday @ 3 pm. Shonen Jump Checkers will be Sunday morning. Still looking for cospeeps for the Red vs Blue game :)

Squidge
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

monikamilani

If this doesn't interfere with the other gatherings, A-OKAY! If I can make it, my own creative take on Choji Fenmale Version
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

ICosplayNeji

I plan to be there! My goal is to be Kanda Yuu from D. Gray-Man ^^

BSaphire

1st post updated!

I am going to let the Red v Blue checkers game idea run a little longer, but if there are no takers on the concept by the 1st of the year I will probably scrap it for something else fun.

Squidges to the JUMP peeps!
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

DarkMoonlitStar

I can't believe I forgot to post in this but I'll be going as Lenalee from D Gray Man (3rd uniform) again.
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

BSaphire

Updated! BTW... Shonen Jump Cosplay Checkers has been canceled for 2011. If the Jump cosplayers want to do one game, Maikiritori and I will work on making that happen. It would require you to post here that you would like it and what day/time/location to have it at. Otherwise... we will bring it back in 2012.

LUV
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC