2015 B's Final Shonen Jump Gathering

Started by BSaphire, March 20, 2006, 10:11:33 AM

Aurxlen

Dude, I'll totally be going to this.  Sunday my group and I will be cosplaying D.Gray-man.  I'll be coming as Debitto, and I'll be bringing Jasdero and Allen.

BSaphire

37 Cosplays Representing 16 Titles! *YEAH!

Ok, Jump peeps... I have us listed for Sunday @ 3 pm.... but I want to play a game with my Jump friends.... I have an idea or two... but does anyone else want to do something???? One idea I have is Otaku Says (much like Simon Says) or if there is enough peeps then maybe Otaku Pachinco? Any other ideas???

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Sora

I was going to be in this gathering, but now I can't...:(
"Don't give me any orders."

konataFTW

Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

BrightHeart76

I should be there.  I'll be Tsunade from Naruto.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

BunofGovt

Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

konataFTW

well then, i might come as Killua and my brother would come as Kurapika and i'll try to drag two of my friends to cosplay as gon and leorio

so i'll see you there!!!
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

WrentheFaceless

I'll probably be heading over to this gathering after the Bleach one as Shunsui Kyoraku.

BunofGovt

Quote from: BSaphire on January 23, 2009, 08:14:19 AM

Ok, Jump peeps... I have us listed for Sunday @ 3 pm.... but I want to play a game with my Jump friends.... I have an idea or two... but does anyone else want to do something???? One idea I have is Otaku Says (much like Simon Says) or if there is enough peeps then maybe Otaku Pachinco? Any other ideas???

Squidges
B

If you restrict it to the Jump group, how about some sort of scavenger hunt?  Maybe of items that the Jump cosplayers would have (plenty of swords, I'll bet, may get specific with a color blade or handle, or other type of weapon) or of character types (long haired-red haired bishie; short-pink-haired-cat-eared high school girl; etc.).  Not to make it too manic, maybe have everyone PM you one or two suggestions for the 'hunt' and then see how many of the suggestions we can find in our gathering.  This would be more like a shopping list, then a scavenger hunt, I guess.  But the items on the list should be Jump-related, rather than random.

Maybe split up the gathering into teams (try to separate out the titles, probably count off 1 2 3 4, so not everyone from the same series is in one team), and see which team gets the most items on the same shopping list.  And also which team gets the rarer or more hard to find item(s).

Yuu

Man, there are soo many gatherings I have no idea whats going on anymore.

Perhaps Ill just wander around in a brain-dead daze. If anyone sees me just grab me and drag me into the group.

" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Hirotona

Haha yeah I committed myself to many cosplay gatherings >___<;; Next time I should wait to see when everything is before doing so.

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on February 09, 2009, 06:53:33 PM
Quote from: BSaphire on January 23, 2009, 08:14:19 AM

Squidges
B

If you restrict it to the Jump group, how about some sort of scavenger hunt?  Maybe of items that the Jump cosplayers would have (plenty of swords, I'll bet, may get specific with a color blade or handle, or other type of weapon) or of character types (long haired-red haired bishie; short-pink-haired-cat-eared high school girl; etc.).  Not to make it too manic, maybe have everyone PM you one or two suggestions for the 'hunt' and then see how many of the suggestions we can find in our gathering.  This would be more like a shopping list, then a scavenger hunt, I guess.  But the items on the list should be Jump-related, rather than random.

Maybe split up the gathering into teams (try to separate out the titles, probably count off 1 2 3 4, so not everyone from the same series is in one team), and see which team gets the most items on the same shopping list.  And also which team gets the rarer or more hard to find item(s).

I like this idea! Maybe have it on Sunday starting in the morning and then at the gathering announce the winning teams?... any thoughts Jumpers???

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

The list has been UPDATED! :)

16 Titles represented! There are still lots that need cospeep representation so come on and join in :P
43 cosplay characters being represented so far and you can +/- 4 to that... which means we are getting closer to 50 which is 1/2 of the 100 cospeeps I'd LOVE to see at the JUMP Gathering!!! Any takers????

I am also wondering what is everyone's take on the Jump Hunt? Is there any other game ideas out there? Post your idea for a game the Jump Peeps can play or give your input on the Jump scavenger Hunt.

Squidges & Hugs Jump Peeps
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

konataFTW

scavenger hunt? well my killua cosplay will be awful lot comfortable for running but scavenger hunts usually take a while right? but it would be fun to have like a talent show or something but that's just like masquerade lol

plus I have lots of ideas so hang in there ima post them now:

+the boat is sinking!!!! lol xD

+talent show?

+an obstacle course!!!

+a "mystery" game like you get clues and then you use those clues to find a certain something

+PINATA lol

+daaaaaaance offfff

+Killer Killer (here's how it goes: there are 3 roles... a police a murderer/killer and the citizens... you determine the roles from a lottery and then once you have your role you keep quiet about it... if you're the murderer/killer you wink at someone or lucky a citizen and that's a sign which means the citizen has died and will yell "I'm dead" not saying who killed them. The police will have to get the murderer/killer ASAP before he kills everybody. If the murderer/killer winks at the police the police won't say "I'm dead" but rather, will say "I gotcha".) this'll be fun because there'll be a lot of people :D

and my brain died... I'll try to think of more games... >_<
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

BunofGovt

Quote from: konataFTW on February 18, 2009, 01:58:48 PM

+an obstacle course!!! ...

What is "the boat is sinking"?

I like the obstacle course, but can we let some of our Jump characters be the obstacles?  (oh, try and get by Kenpachi or Tyki Mikk or Luffy or ... ) Wait, that sounds more like running the gauntlet ...

Hirotona

Ah well I'd suggest something but I'm just going there to represent a series/have pics taken perhaps, then I'll be fleeing back to the AA in all likely hood.

konataFTW

Quote from: BunofGovt on February 19, 2009, 09:12:58 PM
Quote from: konataFTW on February 18, 2009, 01:58:48 PM

+an obstacle course!!! ...

What is "the boat is sinking"?

I like the obstacle course, but can we let some of our Jump characters be the obstacles?  (oh, try and get by Kenpachi or Tyki Mikk or Luffy or ... ) Wait, that sounds more like running the gauntlet ...

The boat is sinking is a game like when a coordinator like say: "group yourselves in two" then a person finds another person and hugs them until the coordinator tells them to stop... or it could be something more complicated like "group yourselves with someone wearing pink" it'll be hecka fun and a fun way of meeting people!!!
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

Yuu

This is certainly getting interesting.

I think this was going to interfere with another photoshoot, but this one wins hands down.

...Maybe I iwll bring along Chibi Gin and Chibi Hisagi thus there will be shinanghins.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Yaminogame

I will be Tenten or Gaara from Naruto for this.  ;D

Kaname_Tousen