2015 B's Final Shonen Jump Gathering

Started by BSaphire, March 20, 2006, 10:11:33 AM

BunofGovt

Quote from: BSaphire on April 17, 2010, 06:40:46 PM
So I have updated the list and we are at 43 possible cosplayers representing...... are you ready..... wait for it....... 20 titles! That is the most titles we have ever had! I REALLY look forward to this gathering this year.

Now we usually get together and do a couple of group photos, but I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a photo order list? I plan on doing one, but I want to do some research on a couple of things first. :)

Take care Jump peeps!
B

Do you mean like in alphabetical order?  Or maybe based on the list of cospeeps from the first page in this thread (and maybe additionally a visual scan of the group) try to get the smaller groups' pics first and then the larger groups?  Maybe have us all in place for a large group shot, then pull the groups out one by one for pics, but try to keep everyone else in place in the background?  Like when you and Star Geno get in front of us.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

TokenBlackGuy

If possible put me under the Naruto group as an Anbu Black Ops. I know it wont be all that  as a main char but id like to be in photos.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

StarGeno

QuoteI'll take ya as either one :P
I sure hope you are going to help with the Checkers :) *hint hint :P
B
I'll be glad to help out anyway I can. :) Also, I will now definitely be showing up to the gathering as Afro Luffy.

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on April 18, 2010, 12:24:04 AM
Do you mean like in alphabetical order?  Or maybe based on the list of cospeeps from the first page in this thread (and maybe additionally a visual scan of the group) try to get the smaller groups' pics first and then the larger groups?  Maybe have us all in place for a large group shot, then pull the groups out one by one for pics, but try to keep everyone else in place in the background?  Like when you and Star Geno get in front of us.
That would be a cool idea! Having small groups come out into the front and the rest of the Jump cospeeps forming the background! I like that! Thanks BunofGovt :) I also wanted to add that you were added to games 1 & 2 for checkers :P
Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on April 18, 2010, 10:59:20 AM
If possible put me under the Naruto group as an Anbu Black Ops.
You have been assimilated.... Oops.. I mean added *LOL :)
Quote from: StarGeno on April 18, 2010, 12:02:48 PM
QuoteI sure hope you are going to help with the Checkers :) *hint hint :P
I'll be glad to help out anyway I can. :) Also, I will now definitely be showing up to the gathering as Afro Luffy.
Good! Now your Sunday morning is busy :P Thanks for helping out... much appreciated!

Squidges All!
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

StarGeno

As much as I'm looking forward to the gathering, I'm a little surprised that it looks as though I'll be the only one cosplaying as a character from One Piece. On the plus side, it looks like we'll have plenty of Naruto cosplayers.

BunofGovt

Quote from: BSaphire on April 19, 2010, 11:43:56 PM
Quote from: BunofGovt on April 18, 2010, 12:24:04 AM
That would be a cool idea! Having small groups come out into the front and the rest of the Jump cospeeps forming the background! I like that! Thanks BunofGovt :) I also wanted to add that you were added to games 1 & 2 for checkers :P
Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on April 18, 2010, 10:59:20 AM
If possible put me under the Naruto group as an Anbu Black Ops.
You have been assimilated.... Oops.. I mean added *LOL :)
Quote from: StarGeno on April 18, 2010, 12:02:48 PM
QuoteI sure hope you are going to help with the Checkers :) *hint hint :P
Good! Now your Sunday morning is busy :P Thanks for helping out... much appreciated!

Squidges All!

Awwwsome re the checkers game (sorry couldn't figure where to edit out the quotes)!  Hang on, will there be some time between those games for me to change?  (remembers speed changing a few cons ago with minutes to spare)  Otherwise I'll be Kenpachi for both games, if that's okay.  (um, you remember how long the hair spikes are, right?  Please make these WIDE checker squares if you can thx)

;D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Sunara Ishi

I might show up to the gathering as Bianchi (Hitman Reborn)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on April 24, 2010, 12:54:36 AM
Awwwsome re the checkers game (sorry couldn't figure where to edit out the quotes)!  Hang on, will there be some time between those games for me to change?  (remembers speed changing a few cons ago with minutes to spare)  Otherwise I'll be Kenpachi for both games, if that's okay.  (um, you remember how long the hair spikes are, right?  Please make these WIDE checker squares if you can thx) ;D

First thing I want to point out is that this is the same board that Cosplay Chess uses. They are being super sweet and letting us borrow theirs! I did not have time this year to make one. If this is really successful then next year we will see about making one.

I posted this in the Cosplay Checkers Game so I wanted to repost it here:

So a question was posed about being able to play as one character and then possibly play as another. For the most part this is possible if you put a game in between you. (*NOTE* Better be a quick change though cause the games shouldn't take longer than 45 minutes (Naruto cospeeps have their gathering at noon so I wanted to make sure we were done with the Bleach V Naruto game #2 which should start around 10:15 and end around 11 am.) Though we are planning on 45 minutes of fun for each game it could be shorter or longer, just depends on how epic each game gets :P

Now if you are doing game #2... well then you would probably have to stay as that character for game #3. However, if we continue and open it up to other cosplayer then you could change after game #2 and come back for game #4 (open to all cosplayers.)

The first three games are specifically for Shonen Jump cospeeps to compete/play in and in game #3 there is an opening for 13 random cospeeps so that is where any cosplayer can start participating.

So if you are not in game #2 then join game #1 and quick change for game #3. Hope this helps!

@ Sunara Ishi: We would love to have you, but I must add you later because I was just checking mail when this point about double cosplaying for the checkers came up.

Squidges
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: BSaphire on April 25, 2010, 08:50:28 AM
@ Sunara Ishi: We would love to have you, but I must add you later because I was just checking mail when this point about double cosplaying for the checkers came up.
That's fine. Again, I am a "maybe" and I probably won't know for sure until con.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

BSaphire

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on April 25, 2010, 11:04:48 PM
Quote from: BSaphire on April 25, 2010, 08:50:28 AM
That's fine. Again, I am a "maybe" and I probably won't know for sure until con.
I put a ? by your name, but I do hope you show up :)

Ok Jump Peeps! There are less than 30 days till con and I need more cosplayers for the Checkers games. I was wondering if there was a group of 13 from any title that would like to go up against Team Naruto since there currently isn't a Team Bleach? I'm  also willing to take a 7/6 split of two titles if you think you can take out Team Naruto :P
Post over in that thread if you think your team can do it or even if you would just like to join in on the fun! The link for it is on the first post!

Squidges & Love
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

The list has been updated and the Photo order added.
If you think there should be something added to the photo order please post it!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

TokenBlackGuy

Add me into the Naruto group as anbu ninja plz.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

Kell-chan

Just found about this yesterday...my little group was planning on doing Black Cat at some point anyway! We'll be at the Theme phootshoot earlier but shouldn't have any issues changing in time for this one. Here's our Black Cat cast:

Me: Charden Flamberg
Eau de Decus*: Shiki
Kendama Master*: Train Heartnet (Chronos outfit)

*Note that these are their cosplay.com names

Can't wait!

BSaphire

More Black Cat! AWESOME.. I updated the list!
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Spalding

add me in as Aizen(HM ver.) from bleach.
Is all about anime and fanime.

Kiara

Hey, just a heads up, it's not looking like we'll get the giant bunch of Yu Yu Hakusho cosplayers I'd hoped for this year. -_- People always bail. But I WILL a Kurama and youko with me for sure. Hopefully a Koto if she's feeling well enough, and possibly a Touya.

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

EJAY420

hey Bsaphire.  Would u like a banner for this JUMP gathering???? I made one for the Naruto Gathering. Since I'm going to participate in this one as well, I was wondering if u would like one? PM me or something.
Most Impressive.

RoseNitemare

I'll be showing up as Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho.  :)

Kiara

Quote from: RoseNitemare on May 22, 2010, 10:32:55 PM
I'll be showing up as Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho.  :)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! More YYH people!!!!

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

cptaizen

I'll be there as Cpt. Aizen from bleach, prolly dragging alone some ANBU members if they aren't already coming. =)