Hilton Hotel
16 (44.4%)
Marriott Hotel
20 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: March 20, 2006, 12:35:36 PM

PassingTheBuck

Today's Date: May 19, 2006    

As of this posting there are only ONE week left until FanimeCon.  :shock:  :!:  :?:  :idea:

Marriott Hotel:
Friday Night: 99.4% of the total room block is sold.
Saturday Night: 100% of the total room block is sold.
Sunday Night: 99.4% of the total room block is sold.

What's left in the Marriott?
Out of a possible 359 rooms available for Friday, 2 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 397 rooms available for Saturday, Nothing remains.
Out of a possible 325 rooms available for Sunday, 2 rooms remain.

Hilton Hotel:
Friday Night: 96.9% of the total room block is sold
Saturday Night: 99.6% of the total room block is sold
Sunday Night: 96.2% of the total room block is sold

What's left in the Hilton?
Out of a possible 268 rooms available for Friday, only 8 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 278 rooms available for Saturday. only 1 room remains.
Out of a possible 262 rooms available for Sunday, only 9 rooms remain.

Crown Plaza Hotel
Friday Night: 100% of the total room block is sold
Saturday Night: 100% of the total room block is sold
Sunday Night: 100% of the total room block is sold

What's left in the Crown Plaza?
Out of a possible 78 rooms available for Friday, Nothing remains.
Out of a possible 83 rooms available for Saturday, Nothing remains.
Out of a possible 77 rooms available for Sunday, Nothing remains.

St. Claire Hotel:
Friday Night: 82% of the total room block is sold.
Saturday Night: 90.6% of the total room block is sold.
Sunday Night: 92.1% of the total room block is sold.

What's left in the St. Claire?
Out of a possible 40 rooms available for Friday, 7 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 44 rooms available for Saturday. 4 rooms remain.
Out of a possible 33 rooms available for Sunday, 3 rooms remain.

SUGGESTIONS:  If you are looking to stay three days, the St. Claire is the best bet, followed by the Hilton, which has one room on Saturday (first taker is the winner).

Good Luck, See all of you there...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Sora

"Don't give me any orders."

JME2

Excellent. Then my university buds and I have are good for this year... :)

Tuplica

Would it be possible for the topic of this to be altered to reflect when it's been updated last?  I wasn't aware that there had been any recent updates until I wandered in on accident and saw that it was changed just on the 7th.  It'd probably be helpful.

Thanks!
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Tuplica"Would it be possible for the topic of this to be altered to reflect when it's been updated last?  I wasn't aware that there had been any recent updates until I wandered in on accident and saw that it was changed just on the 7th.  It'd probably be helpful.

Thanks!

Look at the header now...

Does that help?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Tuplica

Sure does!  Just what I had in mind- thank ya kindly!  ^_^
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

Vanessa

I just registered, since it was so late I got a king and a rollaway for my sister and her boyfriend for 3 nights. But I have a question,since she doesn't have a credit card I let her use mine. Will I get charged? Or can she pay cash when she gets there. Also any idea how much parking is this year?

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Vanessa"I just registered, since it was so late I got a king and a rollaway for my sister and her boyfriend for 3 nights. But I have a question,since she doesn't have a credit card I let her use mine. Will I get charged? Or can she pay cash when she gets there. Also any idea how much parking is this year?

Okay... Let's try answering your questions...

You will not get charged, if she pays when she arrives...

$10 in the convention center parking, more at the hotels, like $18 for the hilton and $21 at the Marriott.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

otakuya

Quote from: "Edward Elric"Oooo, wow. So, which is the more popular hotel?
It would appear that the Marriott would be the more popular hotel. It wouldn't matter what hotel fans would stay in, because most events take place in the CC, between the hotels.

FanFicGuru

A note on parking, as my friends and I learned the painful way last year:

If you want in and out privileges, it's much cheaper to go with the hotel than with Convention parking. It's 10$, yes...but for every time you leave. We ended up having to go pick people up more often than expected and as such parking came out to be like, 50 bucks. >_<

Go with a flat rate with the hotels, then you can drive in and out, go to a restaurant that might not be as close to the CC or if for whatever reason you need to go get something from nearby you don't have to worry about paying for going in and out.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

hana-chan

Are the Hilton and the Mariott really sold out for rooms from Friday to Monday now? O.o I was checking online registration and neither of them was showing up...
www.go-gaia.com is my second home. :D

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "hana-chan"Are the Hilton and the Mariott really sold out for rooms from Friday to Monday now? O.o I was checking online registration and neither of them was showing up...

I have not gotten the report for this week, so I can't say for sure...

However, what kind of room were you looking for?  

If it was a double/double, than yeah, it is probably sold out.

If it is a King room, than probably not, there should still be some rooms left...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

hana-chan

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"
Quote from: "hana-chan"Are the Hilton and the Mariott really sold out for rooms from Friday to Monday now? O.o I was checking online registration and neither of them was showing up...

I have not gotten the report for this week, so I can't say for sure...

However, what kind of room were you looking for?  

If it was a double/double, than yeah, it is probably sold out.

If it is a King room, than probably not, there should still be some rooms left...

Craige...
I actually just reserved a King w/rollaway room. Thank you sooooo much for these reports as to what's still available. If it weren't for that we probably wouldn't have reserved it yet and would be stuck. >.<
www.go-gaia.com is my second home. :D

Tuplica

Any news regarding the overfill/alternate hotels?  I guess since there's still a bit of room at the mariott and hilton they probably aren't filling up anywhere near as fast, but just wondering...

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Tuplica"Any news regarding the overfill/alternate hotels?  I guess since there's still a bit of room at the mariott and hilton they probably aren't filling up anywhere near as fast, but just wondering...

There is nothing really left at either of the on-site hotels, execpt a couple of King rooms.

The secondary hotels are the St. Claire and the Crowne.  However, the news there is much better...

The St. Claire is sold out and we are looking to request more space.

The Crowne has one double/double for Friday, four of them for Saturday and 11 for Sunday.  Again, we are requesting additional rooms there too.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

snorlax

Hi Craige,

The availability for the Crowne Plaza is off on your post. The availability should read:
1 rm on Thurs-5/25; 4 on Fri; 11 on Sat; 13 on Sun; and 3 on Mon.

Also, the St Claire has informed me that they do not have anymore dbl/dbls to add for the convention.

Those of you who are looking or need to book a dbl/dbl - please act quickly and do so at the Crowne Plaza before they are all gone.

King bedded rooms are still available at the Marriott and a limited number at the Hilton.

Leroy

ephemeralxdreams

I'm also a bit confused about the rooms. Some of the hotels say "Available May 24 (or some other date)." Does this mean..that it's ONLY available on that day, and we can not book for 2-3 consecutive days?

Tuplica

Quote from: "ephemeralxdreams"I'm also a bit confused about the rooms. Some of the hotels say "Available May 24 (or some other date)." Does this mean..that it's ONLY available on that day, and we can not book for 2-3 consecutive days?

Yes, that's correct.  If it says something like "Available May 24-27", that means you could reserve a block on days from the 24th through the 27th, but if it only lists one day, that's it.

Sora

Oooo, wow, these hotels are disappearing really fast. Seems faster than last year.
"Don't give me any orders."

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: "Edward Elric"Oooo, wow, these hotels are disappearing really fast. Seems faster than last year.

I would look again, because it's changed...  

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016