Fellow Kanon/Key Fanatics, Rejoice!

Started by Chun, March 25, 2006, 09:17:26 PM

Chun

Kanon is being REMADE! Same studio, same actors, and a couple of animator changes.

The Cast:-

<キャスト>
月宮あゆ:堀江由衣
水瀬名雪:國府田マリ子
川澄 舞:田村ゆかり
美坂 栞:佐藤 朱
沢渡真琴:飯塚雅弓

The Staff :-
<スタッフ>
原作:Key/ビジュアルアーツ
監督:石原立也
シリーズ構成・脚本:志茂文彦
キャラクター原案:桶上いたる
キャラクターデザイン/総作画監督:池田和美
音楽:折戸伸治、麻枝准、OdiakeS
音楽制作:Key
オープニングテーマ「Last regrets」/彩菜
エンディングテーマ「風の辿り着く場所」/彩菜
アニメーション制作:京都アニメーション

And visual evidence so you don't think this is an April Fool:

Also, the CLANNAD movie will be coming out in 2007:

Three Words.

Come Quickly, Uguu~

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Auron-X

Dude you're the sasquatch you're real! I knew it all along! Naw jk but thats your nickname now hehe- Sword

I am also known as Sasquatch and Pervy Shoujo Man!

Spiritsnare

I heard about this earlier over at Haelepes gemot and forwarded the news over to Tsubasa. Didn't know if this deserved its own thread or not, though. ^_^

Anyhow, Ayu looks cuter than ever, Nayuki is hawt, Mai looks like Kanna, Shiori hasn't changed much with her new look and last but not least Makoto looks freaking devious. Like, death by purikura devious.

As for Clannad, I haven't played it (nor have I played Tomoyo After) yet, so I anxiously await the announcement of a planetarian OVA. WE NEED ANIMATED VOICED YUMEMI NOW.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

As Spirit said, he relayed the info my way cause I've been out all day.  Obviously this is a very "banzai" moment for me.

Nayuki and Makoto. <3

Quote from: "Chun"Kanon is being REMADE! Same studio, same actors, and a couple of animator changes.
Same studio?  I'm pretty sure this is Kyoto Animation, not Toei.  Toei is doing the CLANNAD movie though.  For point of referrence, Toei did the first Kanon TV series and the AIR movie.  Kyoto Animation did the AIR TV series.

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"...so I anxiously await the announcement of a planetarian OVA. WE NEED ANIMATED VOICED YUMEMI NOW.
Having replayed the game a couple days ago, I say it's gonna take a bit much out of the story to be able to see the Junker.  The narrative relies so much on the assumption that the player assumes the role, whether willingly or not.  But I guess that's always the fate of these types of adaptations.

As an aside, the game doesn't get any less tear-jerkery on successive play. ; ;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

I'm so looking forward to this. I loved Kanon. <3

I'll check out Clannad as well. ^.^
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Bata-kun

Obviously, a new "Kanon" anime is a good thing.  The Touei one showed what?  Only a fifth of the game or so?  Kyoto Animation should have got Hiroko-san back!  Not that her replacement's horrible, but I miss Hiroko-san.

Of course a new "Kanon" means one thing.  Moa~ Yukarin-san rabu!  Rabu, rabu! XD

Oh.  "Clannad" anime movie's a good thing.  Wai~!

Chun

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Same studio?  I'm pretty sure this is Kyoto Animation, not Toei.  Toei is doing the CLANNAD movie though.  For point of referrence, Toei did the first Kanon TV series and the AIR movie.  Kyoto Animation did the AIR TV series.

Ah, that's what I meant. The same studio that did AIR does this one. Guess it was misconstrued with everything else.

I've been playing through Kanon using a text hooker, but the process is slow and tedious.

~Chun

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Bata-kun"Of course a new "Kanon" means one thing.  Moa~ Yukarin-san rabu!  Rabu, rabu! XD

See what I did there?

And I've been playing Kanon using Haeleth's patch -- but after the Japanese kicks in, I rely on the voices to guide me. (I got Ayu's and Mai's ending this way. Still have to get the other three, though -- four if you count Sayurin.)
epic progressive

vox

pockystix

Kanon needed a remake? Ah well, I could always use more Key/Visual Arts. And I didn't play any of the games, so what do I know. ^^;

Ooh, Clannad. Heard of it, but didn't get around to reading the manga. And I'm not much of an h-game person [or game person in general >.>; yeah, that's a first, right?].

I'll be looking foward to these~!
New sn = Meirin

Chun

Clannad was clean, by the way. It was just Kanon that had an h and non h version.

~Chun

Spiritsnare

Site's up. omake

edit

1. Yuuichi looks like a man. Instawin!
2. Songs played are 約束 and Last Regrets without vocals.

edit reloaded
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

That preview brings back such memories.  It's probably gonna make me cry once again, but I look forward to the conclusion of Makoto's story.  I see she's wearing the veil and everything. ; ;
-Tsubasa

Sunara Ishi

The preview makes me want to watch it more. >.< It looks like its going to be awesome. Such nice animation. Yay! <(^.^)> An the effects look great, too. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

The way they animate it, along with the way they color it, make this seem as though this adaptation will be much more stronger than the last.

Let's wait and see. (Personally...I can't.)
epic progressive

vox

Spiritsnare

Sorry for double-posting, but this had to be said: 24 episodes.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

That news definately warrants the double post and bolded/alternate-colored status.

The story in Kanon isn't so linear, such as AIR's.  As such, it'd be hard to get everything in if they didn't extend the series past 13 episodes.  As it stood, AIR lacked all that it should have showed in its original TV broadcast, but I think that was more or less rectified by the following Summer specials.  Some more episodes to slow the pacing a bit and allow for more time for everything to sink in would have been nice though.  With 24 episodes, the Kanon remake likely won't suffer the extremely tight pacing seen in AIR.

Finally Nayuki's story will get fleshed out in animated form. XD
-Tsubasa

Bata-kun

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Bata-kun"Of course a new "Kanon" means one thing.  Moa~ Yukarin-san rabu!  Rabu, rabu! XD

See what I did there?

Why am I not surprised? =P

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Bata-kun"
Quote from: "Bata-kun"Of course a new "Kanon" means one thing.  Moa~ Yukarin-sama rabu!  Rabu, rabu! XD

See what I did there?

You shouldn't be. O:)

edited for extra Yui Horie love.
epic progressive

vox

Bata-kun

Quote from: "Bata-kun"
Quote from: "Bata-kun"Of course a new "Kanon" means one thing.  Moa~ Yukarin-sama rabu!  Rabu, rabu! XD

See what I did there?

You shouldn't be. O:)

edited for extra Yui Horie love.

I am officially speechless. =P

Kyubi

Hooray! ...now if only they would only make more excel saga and elfen lied i could be in anime heaven :lol: