Fellow Kanon/Key Fanatics, Rejoice!

Started by Chun, March 25, 2006, 09:17:26 PM

Cloudzero

Same thing that was probably said before: "OMG! Yuuichi actually looks like a man now!!!!!"

Spiritsnare

Revival, with rumor of an update coming from 2ch, linked via the appropriate Haeleth's gemot topic:

Quote from: "AstCd2"http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/diary/200604260000/

Rumours emerged today suggesting that Kanon is set to be ported to the PSP by Prototype.

Quote from: "a nameless denizen of 2ch"
VAがコンシューマー参入。
PSPにKanon(発売・プロトタイプ)
携帯アプリにAIRとSNOW

またあとで
epic progressive

vox

Spiritsnare

bumped because you need to WATCH THE SECOND TEASER VIDEO NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

<3 KyoAni~~~~

edit Some dude over at Haeleth's posted this sucker:

Seperated at birth?
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Looking nice.  I can't wait until October. =3  The memories watching that trailer~.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

One more month.... T.T I wanna watch it now...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jun-Watarase

I guess I'm not the first to be shocked that... YUUICHI LOOKS LIKE A MAN!! O__x;

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

platinum edge

Maybe it's just me, but...why exactly are they remaking Kanon?  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I'm kinda puzzled as to why they're remaking it.  Is it because they thought that they screwed up something the first time around?  Did they mess up/omit parts of the story, or is it because this is to please the fans?
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

Sunara Ishi

Yes, they did omit parts of story....

Its probably mostly to please fans though... I really don't know... >.>
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Emerge

well...i have efz and dled (but havent watched) Kanon...

...does that count?

Tsubasa

Quote from: "platinum edge"Maybe it's just me, but...why exactly are they remaking Kanon?  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I'm kinda puzzled as to why they're remaking it.  Is it because they thought that they screwed up something the first time around?  Did they mess up/omit parts of the story, or is it because this is to please the fans?
The first Kanon series only really covered, say, 2/5 of the story.  Ayu's story is the only one that could arguably be considered adequate.  Even Mai's story, which was also quite long, was lacking.  Shiori and Makoto were essentially regulated to a single episode and Nayuki was given no love.

Because Kyoto Animation did such an amazing job on the AIR anime, I'm sure Key is also doing this, in part, as something of a service to fans of the game.

Personally, I think the new OP sequence, as seen on Kanon Prelude, is already a service for fans. <3
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Emerge"well...i have efz and dled (but havent watched) Kanon...

...does that count?

Your issue is in bold.

DO BETTER.
epic progressive

vox

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

I'm sure subs will be out in, like, a day.  I anticipate. =3
-Tsubasa

-zoxan-

****************WARNING****************
**************n00b question***************

What's Kanon? I know it's an anime, what's it about? A minor intro appreciated! ^^;;

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Tsubasa

Let me get a very brief primer out there then:

Aizawa Yuuichi, a second-year high school student, moves back to a town he had once left as a child seven years ago.  But for some reason, he doesn't remember very much about the time he had once spent there.  He remembers his aunt and cousin, with whom he will be living with again, but aside from that, little else.  In this winter town, he encounters new and "new" people and along with them, their circumstances and mysteries.

Based on an AVG by Key.  In grand Key fashion, the stories told are beautiful, enigmatic, and often sad/tragic.  If you've ever watched AIR, then you know what I mean.

Personally, I can already say that this is likely my series of the season.  Little else can even compete.
-Tsubasa

RyuHayabusa

I downloaded the raw and I will watch it soon. 1st impressions to come real soon.

I wonder who's going to sub this?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Spiritsnare

Watching the RAW now.

When the subs come out, you'll see just how close it is to the actual game. Thus, more Keygasm value.

Here's an example, using the opening train station scene:

Original anime: Yuuichi ignores Nayuki's first plea for name rememberance - and gets it right first try.

Kanon 2006: Yuuichi goes through two incorrect names and a feigning of ignorance before getting her name right.

Another example would be Yuuichi's first day:

Original anime: Yuuichi goes out, Nayuki tells him that she has practice, and runs like hell.

Kanon 2006: Yuuichi gets berated for not saying good morning, then launches into the whole thing about practice stuff.

But the most important difference?

Game: Between days, on certain paths, a girl (hurrrrrr spoilers) would talk about a never-ending dream, and the details of said dream.

Original anime: Doesn't exist.

Kanon 2006: It exists - with beautiful visuals to boot.

For those who have played the game, grab the raw -- it's not too different than in-game. For those who haven't, wait for subs and be amazed.

Seriously.

I love you, Kyoto Animation.

ps. I, too, cannot shake off the 'Yuuichi is Kyon' vibe - especially while Kyon-ichi is narrating.

note There's noticeably more fanservice than its older counterpart...

note II: Did I mention they use the game soundtrack for this, as they did with AIR? In addition, however, they also have some remixed tracks, too.

note III: Can you tell I'm insanely obsessive about this? XDDDD

note IV: Kitagawa gets no love. XDDDD

note V: They show most if not every single main character within the episode. Some are more in the background than others -- e.g. Shiori. Piro even gets an appearance!

note VI: Sleepy Nayuki = win

note VII: Ayu's crashlanding sequence = more win

note VIII: Ayu's wing-chasing sequence = made up of absolute win

note IX:

Original Anime: Keroro-chan clock

Kanon 2006: Cat-on-house clock

Final Thoughts: Pretty damn good intro to the series. The pacing's accelerated into a quick brisk, but the timing isn't as compressed as AIR was, due to the longer run. Foreshadowing

Once subs come out, I'll be downloading them as well and showing them to everyone I know...including showing it at the Fanimaid Café meeting this weekend. Seriously. It's that good.
epic progressive

vox

-zoxan-

By your post, Spirit, I can tell that you are obsessive about this anime. And what game are we talking about here? And no Tsubasa, I haven't watched AIR. I plan to finish watching Fate Stay Night and hopefully Cowboy Bebop will be done downloading by then.

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Spiritsnare

Kanon is based off of a visual novel (the hereafter referred to 'game') of the same name.

Originally, it was intended for mature audiences (random gratuitous scenes with the heroines were included), but later on, an 'all-ages' version was announced and released.

oh, and sig updated <3
epic progressive

vox

Chun

So... it seems my torrents run at 500 kb/s here...

OH

BABY!

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)