Fellow Kanon/Key Fanatics, Rejoice!

Started by Chun, March 25, 2006, 09:17:26 PM

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"For those who have played the game, grab the raw -- it's not too different than in-game. For those who haven't, wait for subs and be amazed.
I guess you have a point.  It's not like I don't know what happens already. XD;

Nayuki <3
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Spiritsnare

The subtitled episode has been released, courtesy of StaticSubs and Eclipse.

Currently downloading now. ETA 1hr57m. I'm wondering if my school blacklists torrent ports...because I want it now. :(
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Download completed. Watching soon.

EDIT: Watched. Impressions:
The animation is very nice, as expected of Kyoto. Music is very Key style, which is a good thing.
So far, I feel like the characters are really generic, gao~! Oops, wrong anime - "Uguu~!" Except for Kaori and Kitagawa. I like them. Hopefully after a few more episodes I'll know them a little better. Also, this whole, "I used to live here but I've forgotten all the important friends / love interests I met here" plot setup is not really grabbing ahold of my fancy. I also have high hopes for that. Oh, and I'm assuming that the conversation about the hospital is foreshadowing.

EDIT 2: Ohnose. [a.f.k.] put out their own version of episode 1. I'm torn!

-zoxan-

Downloading the [afk] version right now. Should be done when I wake up next day. XD

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "mDuo13"Ohnose. [a.f.k.] put out their own version of episode 1. I'm torn!

My plan is to download every version of episode 1 that gets released within a reasonable timeframe (probably within 3 days), and see whose is the best and stick with them.

It's the same strategy I adapted for AIR.
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

it's fairly good, and I'm hoping that it's going to be better than Air. I know many of you guys love this show and unfortunately I'm totally new to it. I'll see how this goes.

My impressions

1. as mduo already stated, its kinda generic, and a lot of similarities with air stood out.
2. Lots of subtle moe factors lol.
3. It's freakin kyon, amirite?

Either way, I'll probably watch this series till the end. Lots of series ended up blowing my mind at the half end, and exceeded my expections in the past.

J

mDuo13

Quote from: "LastElixir"3. It's freakin kyon, amirite?
It sounds a lot like him, but I looked up the voice actor and it didn't seem to be the same. Could it have been ANN's error, or is it just a generic voice?

Spiritsnare

It is indeed Kyon. Both Kyon and Yuuichi are played by Tomokazu Sugita.

edit Speaking of which, did anyone happen to catch the reference to AIR in this episode? ;)

edit II Fansub Quality Check!
epic progressive

vox

-zoxan-

So, I hear a lot of "AIR" in this thread. Now what is AIR? Forgive my n00bineZZ.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "-zoxan-"So, I hear a lot of "AIR" in this thread. Now what is AIR? Forgive my n00bineZZ.
AIR is Key's second game(Kanon being the first).  It had a respectable TV anime adaptation in Winter 2005.

They both are similar in terms of art style and narrative style.  Comparisons are inevitable.
-Tsubasa

mDuo13

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "-zoxan-"So, I hear a lot of "AIR" in this thread. Now what is AIR? Forgive my n00bineZZ.
AIR is Key's second game(Kanon being the first).  It had a respectable TV anime adaptation in Winter 2005.

They both are similar in terms of art style and narrative style.  Comparisons are inevitable.
'specially since both are Kyoto Animation too.

RyuHayabusa

I watched it, the Static-Subs-Eclipse version and I must say that I was impressed with the quality of animation and Kyon suddenly becoming Yuuichi. I dunno, like Jay said, I won't be able to take him seriously for now, but I'll watch it and see how he grows into the role. I just hope it doesn't get too deppressing like AIR though.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

LastElixir

i think they should do a colabo with higurashi meets kanon characters. It'll be awesome. more killer lolis! "uguu~ i'm going to kill you NOW NOW NOW! *slash*"

on second thought, lets not, nm on that.

j

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "mDuo13"
Quote from: "Tsubasa"

'specially since both are Kyoto Animation too.

Well, I wouldn't put it so much on KyoAni as Key's character design/art director(?) Itaru Hinoue.

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"I watched it, the Static-Subs-Eclipse version and I must say that I was impressed with the quality of animation and Kyon suddenly becoming Yuuichi. I dunno, like Jay said, I won't be able to take him seriously for now, but I'll watch it and see how he grows into the role.

Kyonichi's pretty awesome; he's not fully made of barbs, sarcasm, and a disdain for the world. In that sense, Yuuichi's sorta like a toned-down Kyon.

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"I just hope it doesn't get too deppressing like AIR though.

It's a Key title. >.>

Quote from: "LastElixir"i think they should do a colabo with higurashi meets kanon characters. It'll be awesome. more killer lolis! "uguu~ i'm going to kill you NOW NOW NOW! *slash*"

Why hello there, Kanoso. (Yes, it's real. Just not really translated.)
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

<3 <3 <3 Uguu!

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
note IX:

Original Anime: Keroro-chan clock

Kanon 2006: Cat-on-house clock
I saw that too. Personally I favor the keroro-chan clock since I'm so used to it. Spirit/ Tsu, was either the actual one in the game? Or was it never shown.

Grr to whoever said the ayu is like mikuru comment. T.T I couldn't enjoy the scene without noting that too. ~stabs the person~ XP Must destroy haruhi references before they ruin my enjoyment... D:

Edit: Ok, the post I was referencing disappeared. O: But I did read it. @.@
Edit 2: It was hiding in quotes thread.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

-zoxan-

I would agree that Kanon is <3. Uguu~~ is *heart*. MUST...WANT...MOAR...

Uguu~~

Darn, now I'm addicted to that sound. Watch me Uguu~~ while I walk down the road. x.x

Spiritsnare

Sprocket Hole Subs and The Wafflehouse have released their version of the subs. The high quality version's video size is Xbox hueg. XD

The way they subbed it puts them comparable to a.f.k. in quality - they used Verdana/Tahoma for the subs -- which isn't very Kanon-like at all in appearance, but makes it perfect for reading on anything other than a computer monitor; their signsubs are above a.f.k.'s (in the way that they miss some signs - Peach Train FTW! - but the signs they do get have appropriate fonts and translations), but they failed at translating the background talk with Shiori and her mom, which is pretty important foreshadowing, I'd say. Oh, and they have OP and ED karaoke, which a.f.k. lacks.

The single thing that puts them behind a.f.k. is their lack of punctuality.

Static-Subs and Eclipse retain their title as reigning champions for the series. :3

edit Oh, and as an addendum: Sprocket/TWH subs 'uguu'. a.f.k. doesn't. :(
epic progressive

vox

Spiritsnare

Doublepost and bump for the second episode's raw.

I love KyoAni. They actually did the jam scene. XDDDDDDD
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I love KyoAni. They actually did the jam scene. XDDDDDDD
XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

I'm downloading it right now.
-Tsubasa

LastElixir

about to watch ep 2. it's gonna be good amirite?

j