Para Para Paradise

Started by Tsuchimi Rin-chan, March 28, 2006, 12:55:45 AM

Do you want Para Para Paradise at Fanime?

No!!!! Its a very very LAME game to make you look like a Girly Man!!!!
2 (8.3%)
Yes!!!! Arcade Version Only!!!!
9 (37.5%)
Yes!!!! Console Version Only!!!!
0 (0%)
Yes!!!! Both Arcade Version and Console Version!!!!
4 (16.7%)
Doesn't Matter which version!!! I want Para Para Paradise Now!!!
7 (29.2%)
What is Para Para Paradise?  I never heard of it????
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 28, 2006, 12:55:45 AM

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

I would like to know if you guys want Para Para Paradise at Fanime.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Kazuko

YES <333 that would be so rad to have it :3 I always wanted to play it and stuff

Spiritsnare

Yes hell yes; either version kicks ass, but as far as I know PPP AC has better sensors than PPP CS.
epic progressive

vox

XeNo

Hell yes, considering i haven't gotten to play it for 2 years
*knows no local area that has it anymore*

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "XeNo"*knows no local area that has it anymore*

Closest you can get: Milpitas Golfland.
epic progressive

vox

YummySushi

Hell yes! I haven't played in over 3 years. It'll be great to see if I can still do it.

Khaistyle

PPP is very awesome, someone should forward this to Craige to see if we can get a machine for fanime.
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

PixeL-taN

try to get PPP 2nd mix arcade version. Thats the best version in case if you dont know or forget the routine you can look at the girl dancing in the background  and copy her~ ^^';

EternalMalachi

Get it get it get it.  There is this really cute gal called Oniko that my friend taped last year and I wanna see her Para Para!  ^.~

Sunara Ishi

It'll be awesome. I only played the arcade one at MGL (once) and I think it'll be fun at fanime. XD I've never seen the console version so either, I guess. But I know for sure that the arcade one is good. :3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Thanks for the replies Fanime video gamers.  My name is Jason and I have been attending Fanime for 6 years.  After being an attendee for so long I decided I wanted to Staff Fanime to enhance the convention and give back my gaming knowledge and community services to Fanime.

The reason why I posted this poll is to get feedback from the die hard otaku to casual american video gamers to see if they know or heard of the game Para Para Paradise and the 411.  

I have played Para Para Paradise long time ago back in 2000 at my friends video game party aka CHUG for the people out there who attended Recca Con.  

Craig Rose is my friend and he introduced me to the game.  I was still a Import Newbie for 2 years trying to learn the ins and outs of Import gaming and learning games that are out in Japan that will never come out here and I learned alot about Import gaming thanks to Craig Rose of the Recca Society.

Anyway I later visted Milpitas Golfland and tried out the actual PPP machine there which was second mix.  I loved it and very sadly only played it for that fated visit at MGL.  I haven't been back since due to me being busy and all.

I will be bringing the console version of the game to this Years Fanime Gaming Room.

But if I do I have to request the Fanime gamers to please use common sense and not bring food and drinks into the console and PC gaming room.  Also do not step or kick the Para Para Paradise Controller sensors as they are irreplacable due to its rarity.

Fanime has never had Para Para Paradise brought into the convention and I would love to show it off to the people who haven't seen the game.  I request a gaming Para Para Dance lession from the veterans since I am not a really good Dancer.

By the way to the poster above, I have met Oniko for the first time at one of the past Fanime Con Staff meetings that passed this year.

I haven't had a conversation with her as of yet to get to know her in person but if she knows how to Para Para I would like to ask her to teach me the dance.

Ok we have a huge problem in getting the Arcade Machine of Para Para Paradise to Fanime.  Apparantly the manager in MGL from what I heard is very mean/anal from what I heard from my friend and will not let anyone rent out their PPP 2nd Mix Machine out to any event that requests for it.

Plus the Fact MGL's  PPP 2nd mix machine is the only one in the Bay Area and no other arcade in the entire bay area has an extra machine for gamers to play.

To anyone that can forward requests of Arcade Machines to Fanime's Arcade Department, Please talk with Craige in order to request and hopefully rent out in the US or Import from Japan a PPP Machine.

PPP arcade machines are very difficult to find now that the dance is dead in Japan.

Anyway I hope I answered all your requests and questions in this thread.  I wish this years Console and PC gaming room of Fanime a success.

Any other questions, please feel free to E-mail me or leave a message in this thread.

As they say in Fanime this con is By Fans for Fans and E-gaming is gladly willing to consider gaming requests.

:shock:   :roll:   :idea:   :lol:   :!:
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Just a reminder for anyone that is very last minute in trying to get the pre registration discount of 50 Bucks:

YOU HAVE UNTIL MARCH 31st
TONIGHT 11:59PST TIME LEFT TO DO ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION TO GET THE 50 BUCKS DISCOUNT AND COOL LAMINATED FANIME BADGE WITH YOUR NAME ON IT.

After 11:59PST Prices of 4 days as of APRIL 1st 12:00AM on that time will be 55 bucks and you will get the Paper Badge Instead of the Laminated Badge.

Do not miss out if you want the Elite Anime Laminated Badge only Pre Registrants get so hurry tonight or else miss out in this small souvenier as a attendee of Fanime Con.

Just a friendly reminder from a convention vet who has been attending Fanime for 6 Years.

Hope all of you enjoy this years convention and have the time of your life to make new friends and memories for future Fanime Con's to come!!!!

:idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:
Jason Nagal Estioko

PixeL-taN

Quote from: "Tsuchimi Rin-chan"

PPP arcade machines are very difficult to find now that the dance is dead in Japan.

ParaPara actuaily made a come-back with populairty in the past year or so.

Khaistyle

The inevitable downfall of ParaParaParadise Arcade when that we would all one day realize we can wave our arms and shake our ass for free at home.

...Its still fun to play in the arcade though.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Just bumping this old topic for the heck of it.
Jason Nagal Estioko

zoupzuop2

Actually, the PPP machine at Nickel City (quite a ways away, though) isn't too bad... if MGL is too much, and you don't mind the trip, it's a high-quality machine, and well worth the drive, if you ask me.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

drallcome

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Actually, the PPP machine at Nickel City (quite a ways away, though) isn't too bad... if MGL is too much, and you don't mind the trip, it's a high-quality machine, and well worth the drive, if you ask me.

Ive put soo many nickels into that machine! LOL
Fanime Member since 1999

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "drallcome"
Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Actually, the PPP machine at Nickel City (quite a ways away, though) isn't too bad... if MGL is too much, and you don't mind the trip, it's a high-quality machine, and well worth the drive, if you ask me.

Ive put soo many nickels into that machine! LOL

My girlfriend plays that game ALL the time. I usually play Dance ManiaX...I"m really good at that one. lol
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

zoupzuop2

FanFic Guru... were you there last friday? I think I might have seen you around there. My church's High School group was there on a "Guy's Night Out" (on the same day as the Girl's Night Out, to be fair), and... well, I was the guy doing rather mediocre on the DDR machine, surrounded by a crowd of people from my church...
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Khaistyle

I'm bringing my JPS2 w/ paraparaparadise (among other bemani), since we don't have it in the arcade this year *sigh.* But I want to play it wherever so I'm just going to hook it up randomly in places that aren't the console room. Also, I might just get bored and decide to do something to pre-occupy myself while I'm waiting in line for my badge lol. Feel free to join me fellow if u love parapara.