Pannels (Hats, "Munchkin")

Started by luckinspades, March 30, 2006, 09:11:14 AM

luckinspades

Well, as per your suggestion, Jason, I will host 2 pannels so far.  I would prefer Friday and Monday, as those are less busy days for the booth.

What is the minimum time length required? *coughs*

So yeah.  First pannel: Hats.  My hats, specifically.  I guess I could discuss the importance of pattern development, what pertains well to the anime community.  Get some open questions going... because I'd hate to talk too much and give away all of mine secrets! *looks shady*  Show some of the models...  Give a sneak-peek of up and coming new hats.  Maybe premiere my first contest?  Yeah.  Suggestions would be nice.

Second pannel:  "MUNCHKIN."  A series of RPG-style card games by Steve Jackson games.  I'll explain what the game is about, tell how to play, show off some of my favourite cards (whether because they are funny or because I just like them; all done via projection screen would be nice if the tech is available).  I can talk about all of the expansion packs, different versions, perks and downfalls of combining decks, and where to get the games.  More suggestions would be nice.

So... sound good, Jason? =P
Want to practice your photography?  I'd like some free photoshoots of my costumes @ Fanime.

Shinigami

Sounds good! I would love to see both panels. Your hats are VERY nice. While I've only played Munchkin once, it was fun and I would love to get more into it.

Leloi

Good luck, Lucky!  (as if you need luck with a name like Lucky... hehehe)

Also if they are newbie hat maker... there's no shame in using a hat pattern from McCalls (as long as they don't sell from that pattern).  Maybe a list of hat patterns from Simplicity, McCalls and Butterick to fill their personal needs (not for mass selling)?

Maybe if they plan to go into the hat business... some common courtesy tips?  Like... DON'T get angry because another hat maker uses fleece or covers the same characters you do.  We're all working with the same materials and the same characters.  As long as they don't try to remake your pattern, you should be alright because even when several people cover the same character they tend to look different.  (Example: Your OMG, My OMG, Anyone else's OMG, and the official OMG)  I still have my version of OMG if you want to borrow it for a visual aid on how "different" patterns can be.

This year I hope to get an Artist Colony table and sell plushies.  (I have a few hats leftover, but it's mostly plushies this year)  Let me know if you need anything!

--Leloi
Plushie Maker

SuperKawaiiNeko

Uh...guys? You know this thread is over a year old, right? <_<;;
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Leloi

Quote from: "SuperKawaiiNeko"Uh...guys? You know this thread is over a year old, right? <_<;;

I realized that immediately after I posted... but... Lucky still needs luck.  Rock on, Queen of Spades!  I hope to see her again this year in the artist colony.  And if she plans another panel, I'm still here.
Plushie Maker

Ayanami Rei First Child

Who cares?! Lucky-sama needs our support!! @.@