Thursday night badge pick-up

Started by Mordyan, April 02, 2006, 06:43:39 PM

Mordyan

Are you guys doing the early badge pick-up on thursday again? I looked on the website but didn't see any info about it.

On a similar note, are there going to be any Thursday night event(s) for the pre-reg crowd like last year?

Eri

The answer from the pre-reg guru is "yes"..

Pre-reg events, oh yes. They'll be... "interesting" this year ;)
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Mordyan

Quote from: "Eri"The answer from the pre-reg guru is "yes"..

Pre-reg events, oh yes. They'll be... "interesting" this year ;)

SHINEY! I planned on being there Thursday night. And I like "interesting"!

Kegan_Flame

animeangelfish

yeah seriously the like what part..i would really consider going early thursday if i knew there was going to be something to do!

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Silver_Unicorn297

But to pick up your badge... don't you need your receipt? If so, how do you get it? I've tried looked at my account for some info, but no such luck.
Sorry, this is my first time dealing with the pre-registration ^^;

Eri

I believe you're supposed to print out a confirmation page? If not then a copy of your account page? Your photo ID works too, I think.

Gah, I heard all this stuff in passing since I hang out with reg staff. It'd be better if said elusive staff can confirm that *hint hink, poke*
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Ruby

Yeah, I totally forgot if i need any of either @_@; (Well, I know I need my Photo ID, but I forgot if I need to bring that confirmation page or not... blah!)

Almighty staff! Help? :O
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Mordyan

Quote from: "Tony"In a few weeks, we'll have information on badge pick-up on your account's page.

He posted that in another thread (http://www.fanime.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4524) on April 5th.

Silver_Unicorn297

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for all the help ^_^ *gives everyone a cookie*
But what if our ID has out official name, and we used but a nickname on the site? Will that create any major problems? Its only the first name...

deepbluevibes

Akito Starwind

i belive thats right. If your friend is not Pre reg then he can come with you just he wont beable to pick up his badge like you can. if you Pre reg'd. Only those Pre-reg'd can pick up on thrsday. Unless Policy has changed for this year.
Dealers Room Staff 2004
Dealers Room Staff 2005
Dealers Room Staff 2006
Dealers Room Staff 2007
Dealers Room Staff 2008

Tuplica

Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

deepbluevibes

Tuplica

Well... there's not much that goes on on Thursday, at least not last year.  My friend hadn't pre-regged last year, but it wasn't a big deal.  I wasn't interested in the dance they were having, and that was pretty much all there was.  And we just wandered around the con center to get a feel for it and weren't accosted.  There weren't any real events or shows or anything on Thursday last year.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

deepbluevibes

Eri

Nothing going on thursday? Huh, I thought 3+ events going on thursday would be nice, but that can always be changed :P
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

deepbluevibes

FanFicGuru

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

From what I understand there's a Dance, a few viewing rooms are going to be open from 5-10 PM and there was one more thing but I don't know what exactly it is. So yeah.

But I know that there are some things going on Thursday night.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Tuplica

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

At least one of the arcades was open, I remember that.  There were two last year and I can't remember if the main one (the big one in the center of the con overpass, between the two hotels) was on or not... but the one closer to the Hilton definitely was.

Cool, viewing rooms open on Thursday is a serious bonus.