General Thread for Roommates/Room Wanted

Started by Swanner, April 03, 2006, 02:29:19 PM

chouji

does anyone have any space left in their room cuz i just found out that i don't have a room anymore so i was wondering if someone here had any space.

I am 20/m btw.

justkitteh

I'm still looking for a room.

However 2 of my friends are as well, so we were contemplating just getting a room if we found at least one more person who would want in; so if you need a room let me know.

Or if you've got space for me. :P

www.myspace.com/justkitteh

justkitteh@hotmail

510 229 9276

animeangelfish

Quote from: "Duo"Ok here's the deal. my group has a booking for thursday-monday in a non smoking room at the ramada limited san jose. The hotel is a block and a half from the convention center and REALLY cheap. the total is 336 at the moment for the whole time..

right now we have three people
we are lookign for females in particular, but beggars cant be choosers..so

need a room?

send me an email at [email protected] with the following information..

Name
Address
email
phone number
care if sharing bed or not?

PLEASE tell us soon! we prefer females to males as we are all females.

PLEASE we REALLY need rommates as one of ours just canceled on us. We prefer females, and the only males have to be someone I know (which i doubt will happen)  you can contact me also at the following..

YIM: anime_angelfish
AIM: chibitobeh
MSN: [email protected]

the hotel is only 90 if you join us for the whole time. no charge for parking for those who wish to drive, and the only money we expect is for the hotel cost and cot if you for some odd reason decide you can't sleep on the floor ro share a bed. (it's only 7 dollars I believe, and the cot is about as big as the beds..which is big! )

yes, to follow up with Tony's post regarding number of people in rooms. Our room is overbooked (meaning we have room for up to 3 more people! So no worries there. Still hoping for a message from some of you out there!

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

ChenCzen

Still looking for a room for myself and Charming_Dorian. We've talked to a couple of people on here, but in true fanimebb fashion nobody has ever followed up or made a concrete offer/confirmation.

Is anyone out there still looking for a pair of roomies?

letterbox_81 @ Hotmail.com
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

ip136

Hello everyone~

Space is filled

Thanks everyone who was interested in the room space! We've got it filled now~ ^_^
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Kouri Neko

I'm 26/f staffer..  and in need of crash space.  I'm dead broke as well.  I'll be selling most of my anime and hope to have some money to pay a little bit.  

If there is hope, please somebody help me.  I'll end up sleeping in my car if I don't have a room.
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Tony

This is for no one in particular, but it really needs to be stressed:

If your reservation is for X people, then there can only be X people in that room.

As far as I know, the most people you can put in a room is four.

Trying to put more than that into a room can get you kicked out of the hotel. It's happened before, and it's not something you want to happen in the middle of the con, now, do you?

Besides, there's some common sense reasons not to do so. Imagine if there were an earthquake, or a fire... would you want to push past 10 people to get out of the room? And if everyone is overfilling their rooms, you can imagine that the elevators, stairs, hot water, and internet are all going to be overused. Not to mention that the staff will be overtaxed - good luck getting fresh towels, or someone to unclog the toilet, or room service.

At the same time, it looks bad on Fanime when our members break the rules. A little bit here and there is to be expected, but when the hotels feel like Fanime and its members are scamming them, they'll make our lives more difficult by a) raising prices or b) kicking us out. We fans are stigmatized enough; we don't need to be labeled any further.

So, again, mind the rules... they're there for good reasons.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Tony

Not to come down on you, but...

Quote from: "ip136"Currently my posse and I are looking for a couple people to fill-up our room slots. We are looking for 2 people as far as I can confirm, but we might be looking for 3 or more. *nods*
With the above post in mind, I should warn you that for two rooms 8 is the limit...

Quote+ I am also planning on making breakfasts (like eggs or pancakes) as well as other general lunch/dinner foods. Taking orders for normal sandwhiches as well.
Cooking... how? I hope not inside the hotel; if the sprinklers going off doesn't bust you, room service will...

Actually, another note:

The hotel room is hotel property. The "Do Not Disturb" sign is essentially meaningless, because hotel staff can enter rooms essentially any time.
So, if you're thinking, "Hey, I'll just put up the DND sign all weekend, and they'll never know what happened until I'm already gone!" then:

1. They can check inside pretty much any time, and the hotel will find out.
2. Fanime staff (like the hotel liason who reads this thread) must report these kinds of things. So if they read it here or overhear it at the con, the hotel will find out.
3. The hotel can get back at you in a number of ways. Like sending you a bill, or banning you from the hotel.

Just so you know. I really don't want to find out a bunch of members missed out on the convention because they got kicked out of their hotel room or something. Please, heed the warnings...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

ip136

Fwou~ Thank you for the concern. ^_^ I understand the limit is 8 and such... we've got 5 confirmed and 1 still unsure *nods* As well as the whole dealio about the cooking and such. <3
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Shi_Musouka

IamTetsuo

EDIT:
Cancel room search, see below post if you want to be my roomy!

AbsolutelyCursed

It looks like I will be looking for a room for Fanime this year. Will be able to help with cost of room. If anyone has room to spare send me a pm or an email.

Shi_Musouka

*again, got a room. thanks for those who showed interest and cared*

IamTetsuo

OK everyone this might be your lucky day!  I have just recieved a very wonderfull email letting me know I have a room reserved for Friday, Saturday and Sunday!  Unfortunatly after carefully reviewing my funds I don't think I will be able to afford it on my own.  Or rather I could but I would have very little leftover for merch.
Soooooo... I am looking for a roommate, as soon as I can confirm a change in occupancy to two people.
Rules:
1. We will be splitting the room cost 50/50, $163 each for the entire weekend or $55 a night.
2.  You will have to supply your own air mattress or pay for a roll out bed (if they charge for them).
3. I will be drinking.  If you are under 21 you will not.  Sorry I don't want to be arrested for supplying alcohol to a minor.  If you are 21 I am more than happy to share, and if you bring some alcohol too I am even more willing to share!
4.  If you snore I will hit you with a pillow until you stop.  I am a light sleeper and I like my sleep.  You wake me you get hit by a pillow.  Dems da rules.
5.  If you stink I will ask you to take a shower and put on deoderant.  If you refuse you get kicked out.
6.  Also I'd like to at least see a picture of who I'm going to be rooming with.  Applications to be my roomy with a picture have preference over those that don't.  Fairs fair of course so here's a pic of me:

Oh yes I'm a 22/m if you couldn't tell from the picture.

~edit
Oh yes I forgot to mention it's a single king bedded in the Marriot.  PM me or email me: flyingducksclan at yahoo dot com

~Edit again, OK having someone pay for a night that they won't be there is unfair, so it'll be $55 a night (still 50/50).

swordman85

Hello everyone,

I've got a room reserved for May 25th through the 29th.  I had some friends agree to come but some have dropped and I fear others may do the same.  We will be splitting the cost evenly between all the people staying with me. I will need the money up front. please pm me or message me somehow as soon as possible. I'm a 20/m and the other two who might come are around the same age and also male.  Prefered no smoking and please include picture if possible

Zouri

Hello everyone. Now I know that Fanime is almost upon us, and that most of you guys have already made arrangements for rooms. But, if anyone has any space available please e-mail me at: [email protected] or PM me. I will most likely only be staying one or two nights, those being Saturday and Sunday. I should be able to cover all costs and anything else. Thanks in advance.

swordman85

Ya it's confirmed, I've had every single one of my friends drop out so I have several spaces availible.  I have registered for a two bedroom room

Barnes

QuoteCooking... how? I hope not inside the hotel; if the sprinklers going off doesn't bust you, room service will...

Just out of curiosity, where else could someone cook their own meals safely?
I called the Marriott once about microwaves and the guy on the phone told me the staff can take your food down to their kitchen and heat it up as a convenice.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

jingko

looking for roomie! so far there are three girls(who are yaoi lovers) that need one more to be with them. guy or girl dosen't matter. just pm me or username: edward elric, or k and k forever.
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

quantbits

room fulfillled.

end of thread, sorry for all the ppl I contacted.