General Thread for Roommates/Room Wanted

Started by Swanner, April 03, 2006, 02:29:19 PM

otakuapprentice

i lost my room spot, and now i am in desperate need of a room for fanime.

i only have around $100 bucks dedicated towards spending on a room. i planned to stay for the whole convention, and i would appreciate anyone that can help me out here to acquire a room to crash in for the weekend. if there is anyone that is staying for friday to monday, and has space, please PM me as soon as you can.

Thank you to those that can lend me a hand in these final hours before fanime.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

kam_islash

I am willing to barter Pocky, a song, or a massage or all three for some floor space.

No sexual favors please, I have a reputation as a gentleman to uphold.
I want to express this undying passion with my entire body tonight.

Charming_Dorian

Hey all. We had some people bail on us today so if you need a room and are willing to pay MONEY (no pocky bullshit...or gashapon or whatever) I'm sure the guy who is in charge (blackdelo) will let you stay.
You can reach ChenCzen and I at (707)-474-7995
rock on :P

BlackDelo

yeah, what dorian said. call him or pm/email me.
www.myspace.com/bigfatiori

"You know, AX gives you cancer."

Devi 1313

Ok, I want to get a head start on '07. I want to get a room but don't wanna spend $300+ just for me. If there's any girls that need a room to stay either for the whole weekend or just 1 night please let me know, you'll have to pay me cash though, probably up front. I'm a girl too (in case you couldn't tell) so no worries about anything freaky happening. I've never gotten a hotel room myself before so I don't know how many people are allowed or any of that other protocol.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Nana"Ok, I want to get a head start on '07. I want to get a room but don't wanna spend $300+ just for me. If there's any girls that need a room to stay either for the whole weekend or just 1 night please let me know, you'll have to pay me cash though, probably up front. I'm a girl too (in case you couldn't tell) so no worries about anything freaky happening. I've never gotten a hotel room myself before so I don't know how many people are allowed or any of that other protocol.

Well just to answer your question on protocol it's usually a 4 person maximum in a room. And that's usually a double-double room (that is, 2 double beds) If you guys can fit usually 2 girls can fit on one double bed. However, often there are those who have to sleep on the floor. I would recommend requesting extra blankets and sheets early, and/or rollout beds if they're available.

Also, when you check in they do HOLD the money for the room all weekend until you check out, as well as (I think) 50 dollars/night for possible incidentals. So if you're staying for 3 nights plan on having the room total +150 being held from your account. One of my friends didn't realize that and if you don't have the money on your card to cover the incidental stuff, you don't check in...if you don't check in but you made reservations, they will charge you one night +tax anyways. (Although, if you don't have enough for three nights on your card you could probably end up staying 2 nights or something...)

So yeah, that's about standard stuff. 3 roomies in a double double to make a total of 4 people.

Don't listen to people who will try and convince you that cramming 8-12 people in a double double is cool. Yeah the price is ridiculously low, but it's both gross as well as incredible dangerous. When a hotel expects a certain maximum occupancy per floor in accordance to a fire escape drill and the actual number is 3X that, there are a lot of things that can go wrong and a lot of people could get hurt.

Besides that, you could get kicked out and fined heavily for doing that kind of thing. So stray from that as much as possible.

With 4 people in a double double you should expect to pay (for 3 nights: Friday, Saturday, Sunday) 400 with tax, so divide that by 4 and voila...100 per person or roughly 33 a night. Not bad eh?

So yeah, there's some info for ya. Hope it helps.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Devi 1313

Hmm, when I stayed at the Hilton last year I had a room with 1 king sized bed and there was a chaise lounge (fainting couch type thing). How many people would they let stay in a room like that? Is it any cheaper? Thanks for the info!
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

FanFicGuru

They base the number of sleepers on the number of Beds I think. If it's like a couch, and that's it then they probably would say that it fits 2 people. But if it's like a sofabed type thing then they might allow one more person to stay.

I don't know for sure. I don't even know if they allow a 4 person max for King bed rooms. *shrug*
Swap meet staff - 2014

AnimeEmperor

Ok, I am looking for a roommate. I'm a guy, and I love saving money so i'd like it to be a group of probably 4+ (can you even have more than 4?). I strongly prefer the Marriott. And while I want a good sized group i'm open to smaller groups. I'm mostly interested in Friday-Sunday nights. But i'm also starting to think about Thursday, and if it's a group then one more night won't kill my bank account.

I want to room with someone who has a room (or will get the room), I hate the pressure of getting the room myself and then finding roommates. Also last year I slept on the floor, but this year I would rather have a bed! XO I'm willing to pay a couple bucks more of the share if I can sleep in the bed.

...even though I only got like 2 hours each night, and...the floor was kind of soft.....but I just feel like a bed! XO

Asa_Gohan

Anyways I need a room and am willing to pay my full share in order to get my spot.  I dont wanna repeat of last year Dx  The floor is not a nice place to sleep >.<  Plus I was unable to shower...I didnt have the fan boy oder but my hair...Ugh my precious hair got all oily T_T Anyways Im in need of a room badly and Im more then willing to pay my full share of the room.

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Barnes

I'm still considering having a roomie. But I still need to talk it over (with mom).
I'm staying at the Hilton. I'll post an update later.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

justkitteh

Hay guys

So, Fanime Con is coming up and stuff, and I'm trying to put together a room for myself and a couple friends. I always think the best part of cons are meeting new people, and sharing rooms and a junk is a great way to do that!

At the moment our goal is around $60 a person for the whole con! Sweet! Last year at Fanime Con it was only $50 and Anime Expo was $60, so it's not too much of a stretch! Of the people in the rooms at the moment everyone's pretty different... So there'll definitely be people you'll get along with!

You can get in touch with me through myspace (http://www.myspace.com/justkitteh/) or more reliably, through a site I just threw together (http://g-status.org/) where you can find more contact infos and where we are organizing the trip!

Anyone is welcome, male or female, groups, etc... get in touch!

I'm also planning for Sakura Con and Anime Expo if you're interested in those! :D

EDIT: For the lazy people out there, you can email me at [email protected] hit me on AIM or Yahoo at justkitteh, or justkitteh@hotmail on MSN, or call me, 510 229 9276

EDIT2: fixed my email address: [email protected]

rajaat9

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"They base the number of sleepers on the number of Beds I think. If it's like a couch, and that's it then they probably would say that it fits 2 people. But if it's like a sofabed type thing then they might allow one more person to stay.

I don't know for sure. I don't even know if they allow a 4 person max for King bed rooms. *shrug*

The number they "allow" and the number that can be fit in a room differ wildly. We had at least 8 people in our room last year, maybe more? Hard to remember. Regardless, we'll want as many or more this year, so head to g-status.org and let's figure it out.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "rajaat9"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"They base the number of sleepers on the number of Beds I think. If it's like a couch, and that's it then they probably would say that it fits 2 people. But if it's like a sofabed type thing then they might allow one more person to stay.

The number they "allow" and the number that can be fit in a room differ wildly. We had at least 8 people in our room last year, maybe more? Hard to remember. Regardless, we'll want as many or more this year, so head to g-status.org and let's figure it out.

I would recommend not posting this stuff so blatantly.

With all due respect, it is exactly that kind of attitude and situation that gives the rest of the con-goers a bad name. It is extremely unsafe and unsanitary to have that many people in a room that was made for 4 people.

While it may be fun at first, it turns out to be a total drag later on.

And of course, there's the whole thing with if the Hotel Staff find out you can get kicked out of your room, all 8 of you or however many there are...and perhaps charged a fee for violating the fire safety codes.

I know you probably won't stop because of what I said, but please try not to make it a big deal or brag about it on the boards, as Craige and Tony frequent the boards and will most likely have to respond to that kind of blatant disregard for the rules.
Swap meet staff - 2014

justkitteh

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "rajaat9"

I would recommend not posting this stuff so blatantly.

With all due respect, it is exactly that kind of attitude and situation that gives the rest of the con-goers a bad name. It is extremely unsafe and unsanitary to have that many people in a room that was made for 4 people.

While it may be fun at first, it turns out to be a total drag later on.

And of course, there's the whole thing with if the Hotel Staff find out you can get kicked out of your room, all 8 of you or however many there are...and perhaps charged a fee for violating the fire safety codes.

I know you probably won't stop because of what I said, but please try not to make it a big deal or brag about it on the boards, as Craige and Tony frequent the boards and will most likely have to respond to that kind of blatant disregard for the rules.

You need to find friends who take showers and aren't fucking lame, sorry, lots of people in a room != messy or unsanitary, and most hotels don't care at all. Take AX for example, the Marriott let me check in at 6am or a little earlier (super early, i didn't have to pay for that night), she asked how many keys i needed, i asked how many can i have, and she gave me 8...

I agree that one shouldn't parade around that you're breaking the rules, but i also disagree with your perception of hotel stringency.

FanFicGuru

Swap meet staff - 2014

Eheroofjustice

can someone please let me know if u need me as a roomate? I can't find anyone. I don't want to have to sleep outside and having to watch my stuff 24 7. please let me know kay. U can E-mail me IM me, or whatever. please let me know.
Yay! Guilty Gear rocks! I love crossdressing! ^_^

Eheroofjustice

I also willing to pay up to $100 for the whole con. I'll even sleep on the floor. I don't care. I really need to crash with someone.
Yay! Guilty Gear rocks! I love crossdressing! ^_^

Krnchichiri

Mm'kay, we're [me and my friend] looking for a person [or two] who fit into these categories: [strictly, too.]
Female
Staff*
Responsible
Willing to go to a [staff meeting] to meet us
21 or over
Courteous
Sanitary. ><

We are only rooming for one night- either Friday night or Saturday night, we still have to work things out. For the record, if you reply, you will be rooming with [two] 15 year olds. You will have to pay your part. ><
I'm quite uncertain about what will happen, but once I get a response for anyone who wants to, we'll probably figure it out. :]
Please PM me if you're interested. If you don't want to PM me, then you can:
e-mail me at [email protected]
AIM me at koreanchichiri
Gaia Online's PM me at Chiri Kcrinh [I check that every second of every day. o.0]

Most likely, it will cost around $40 with tax included for each person. ^^
We are looking at the Mariott or Hilton for hotel rooms. ^^

[*optional]
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D