Ball

Started by SakuraKanegawa, April 05, 2006, 05:55:27 PM

Best Nights for the Ball?

Saturday Night-7 p.m 8 p.m(Conflicts with Musicfest)
13 (31%)
Sunday Night-6 p.m-8 p.m(Conflicts with Masquerade)
5 (11.9%)
Both Days-After 10 p.m
20 (47.6%)
Dressing up? Does that mean I have to look like a penguin ala Pen-Pen?
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 16, 2006, 11:59:26 PM

RyuHayabusa

Nessa: I deleted the poll and put the new one in it's place.

Now go vote people.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Ruby

I say both days after 10pm, really. :O It wouldn't be conflicting with anything, amirite?

Unless Der Cosplay goes past 10pm again this time >>;; *cough*

[EDIT]: Two days later, I realise that it wouldn't conflict with Der Cosplay anyway...Seeing as how thats on a Sunday. I'm dumb. XD lol
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

rukia89

I'm looking forward to this i'd totally skip musicfest for this ^_^!!!!!

I like the masquerade too much, and 10 is too late for me to stay in san jose ^^; but if it was at 7-8 it'd be perfect!

Ayanami Rei First Child

I STILL don't have anyone to dance with. We should start hooking up to form some pairs or something. Try to get as many people hooked up with dance partners as possible beforehand...we can always switch later, but it'd be good to get a couple of songs in together first for those of us without dates an stuff  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Tony

Quote from: "Ruby"I say both days after 10pm, really. :O It wouldn't be conflicting with anything, amirite?
Dance is in the room after 9pm.

I still need someone to step up and be a DJ/provide me with tracks. I need this by Saturday.

I think the staffing will be ok.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

FanFicGuru

I can DJ (And by DJ I mean put the CD in and press play, and if I have a track list for the CDs I can play 'requests' by putting the CD in and skipping to the track they want, and then press play. lol). Anyone else want to make the dance CDs? Two of them at about 80 minutes should be fine. Maybe 3.

We should probably have one with slow tracks like "A moment Like This" etc..etc...

And then one dance/house one

and maybe one R&B CD...
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

ChenCzen

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"I STILL don't have anyone to dance with. We should start hooking up to form some pairs or something. Try to get as many people hooked up with dance partners as possible beforehand...we can always switch later, but it'd be good to get a couple of songs in together first for those of us without dates an stuff  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

havent you ever gone to a dance? go stag, hang out by the wall, and during the last 2 songs find someone and ask them to dance. then go home and regret not making a move sooner.

ahhhh high school.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

gmontem

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"I can DJ (And by DJ I mean put the CD in and press play, and if I have a track list for the CDs I can play 'requests' by putting the CD in and skipping to the track they want, and then press play. lol). Anyone else want to make the dance CDs? Two of them at about 80 minutes should be fine. Maybe 3.

We should probably have one with slow tracks like "A moment Like This" etc..etc...

and maybe one R&B CD...
Dance/house/R&B? Are you sure you can DJ? You seem to have missed the point of a masquerade ball.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Um....well I did managed to dance with two girls I hung out with...but they were both totally underaged. I hung by the wall and no one noticed me and I DID ask one girl to dance, but she TOTALLY rejected me! Then later I saw her dancing with my friend, and that totally hurt  :cry:  :cry:

shinigami_babe

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "Ruby"I say both days after 10pm, really. :O It wouldn't be conflicting with anything, amirite?
Dance is in the room after 9pm.

I still need someone to step up and be a DJ/provide me with tracks. I need this by Saturday.

I think the staffing will be ok.

After 9p.m? what day?

gmomt- yeah i agree, I think if people want dance/house mixes that's the purpose of the other dance ya know??

That's the reason why some of us suggested a "ball/alternative dance" so that we had the option to be more formal, or do ballroom dancing etc~

SakuraKanegawa

i for one encourage formality, what's a masquerade without the masks? o.~

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "gmontem"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"I can DJ (And by DJ I mean put the CD in and press play, and if I have a track list for the CDs I can play 'requests' by putting the CD in and skipping to the track they want, and then press play. lol). Anyone else want to make the dance CDs? Two of them at about 80 minutes should be fine. Maybe 3.

and maybe one R&B CD...
Dance/house/R&B? Are you sure you can DJ? You seem to have missed the point of a masquerade ball.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that we were floating more towards a Prom-esque type dance. You know, a better mixture of slow songs with the faster tracks.

So you just want all slow songs then? If you want to make CDs of the songs you would like to hear Gmontem or what the tracks would sound like, let me know or you can volunteer to take care of the music.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

DayDreamerNessa

how long are we letting the poll go for?

I have a mask somewhere, but I don't know if i want to carry it around XD;
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"how long are we letting the poll go for?

I have a mask somewhere, but I don't know if i want to carry it around XD;

Till Fanime basically.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well if it IS a masquerade then someone needs to get some masks for sale or something....@.@

Rette

Crack out the Johann Strauss Jr... (Tales from the Vienna Woods, By the Beautiful Blue Danube)
Waltz, anyone?

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

gmontem

One of the "Orchestral Game Concert" CDs has a waltz arrangement of one of the Dragon Quest games.  I'll check later tonight at home for the title.  

There's also "Waltz de Chocobo" from the FFVI Piano Collections.  Too bad there isn't a "Tango de Chocobo", or is there? XD

And of course there's "Dance of the Balamb-fish" from FF8.  I just hope the male dancers don't try to act drunk on the first half of that piece. ;)

FanFicGuru, I didn't suggest that all songs be slow.  My comment was about the genre of music you suggested -- dance, house, R&B.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Rette

That'd be perfect... classical music with that special Fanime flair...
I have quite a few standard old-fashioned waltzes I could bring, should anyone want them.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Um....well I did managed to dance with two girls I hung out with...but they were both totally underaged. I hung by the wall and no one noticed me and I DID ask one girl to dance, but she TOTALLY rejected me! Then later I saw her dancing with my friend, and that totally hurt  :cry:  :cry:

Ouch!!!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "AbsolutelyCursed"
Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Um....well I did managed to dance with two girls I hung out with...but they were both totally underaged. I hung by the wall and no one noticed me and I DID ask one girl to dance, but she TOTALLY rejected me! Then later I saw her dancing with my friend, and that totally hurt  :cry:  :cry:
Ouch!!!
Yeah the guy she was dancing with was pretty crazy. Said I was 3rd level null demon, even though I'm an exorcist..o.o;; I'm STILL jealous that he got to dance with her instead of me!! That's why I'm trying to get dance partners NOW instead of later and get my hopes crushed.

Like the time I asked my cute neighbor girl to dinner my treat...I left it open...she said yes. Then later she knocks on my door only to tell me that her b/f wouldn't let her do it! I mean earlier when she first moved here she was SO checking me out! I didn't even know she had a b/f!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry: