Ball

Started by SakuraKanegawa, April 05, 2006, 05:55:27 PM

Best Nights for the Ball?

Saturday Night-7 p.m 8 p.m(Conflicts with Musicfest)
13 (31%)
Sunday Night-6 p.m-8 p.m(Conflicts with Masquerade)
5 (11.9%)
Both Days-After 10 p.m
20 (47.6%)
Dressing up? Does that mean I have to look like a penguin ala Pen-Pen?
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 16, 2006, 11:59:26 PM

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah that IS something to be considered if we're all supposed to pool money. I mean there's a HUGE difference between $300 and $1,000+

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "Tony"First and foremost, I need a "DJ". At this point, that probably means "Load burned CD, push play." I already asked Jinnai if he would come down, but he needs transportation and a room - which I don't have...  :(

Second, we need to establish a time. Let's Vote!

Saturday, 7pm ish to 8pm ish. (Conflicts with MusicFest.)
Sunday, 6pm ish to 8pm ish. (Conflicts with Masquerade.)

Third, I need to make sure my staff can handle this extra event (especially if it's on Saturday). I'll ask them; you guys figure out what sounds best!

Only if all three items work out will we have a ball... it would be in the Dance room, SJCC room B. (Same place as the dance two years ago.)

Well, here's my 'vote' on it:

I say we do it Saturday, depending on how 'ish' the 'ish' is, maybe 6:30 to 8:30 or something like that. Masquerade will most likely be less crowded than Masquerade. (Not that it won't be popular, just the Cosplay competition always has a humongous turnout).

As for a DJ, if it's simply a matter of swapping between dance tracks and slow music tracks, if someone has good mixes, I'll be more than willing to pop them in and out and press play. As long as relatively little skill is involved.

Heck, we have enough time that we can arrange which songs we'd want on the track list even. How about it? Get some ideas for dance tracks and slow song tracks. Sounds good to me.

The extra staff thing I'm guessing is in Tony's hands, however, if they are willing to do it based on certain times, it's fine if we have to make a few adjustments to make sure that we can hold the ball.

So, in short:

1) Saturday evening. 6:30-8:30 is ideal. Would like to get at least an hour. Maybe 6:45-7:45?

2) I can plug in tracks if we can get the CDs made and people want to vote on which songs we listen to.

3) Hopefully Tony will be able to get his Staff to help us out on this. If it's a matter of time that they don't want to be working, we can limit it down to 6:45-7:45...for simplicity's sake.

How does that sound to everyone?

EDIT: Where does Jinnai live and how much would it cost for his ticket?

Las Vegas, Nevada. His aim sn is VivaJinnai.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

FanFicGuru

Looking at the prices from Southwest, it's only about 220 bucks for the ticket.

I am willing to help pay for this so that Jinnai can come and DJ for our ball.

If you wish to help, PM me and we'll arrange for you to meet up with me and give me some cash. If there are 4 others, we can split it 50 each way.

We'll see how this goes.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Looking at the prices from Southwest, it's only about 220 bucks for the ticket.

I am willing to help pay for this so that Jinnai can come and DJ for our ball.

If you wish to help, PM me and we'll arrange for you to meet up with me and give me some cash. If there are 4 others, we can split it 50 each way.

We'll see how this goes.

You guys do that and I'll contact Jinnai. I won't be able to help financially, but I'm willing to go pick him up at the airport. It's the least I can do.  :D

SakuraKanegawa

yeah sat. sounds good.
as for a DJ couldn't we just get 2 burned CD's of dance tracks...? that would last about 3 hours. i could get those easy, just takes some CD borrowing and stuff like that :D. just post what songs you want, i'd space it out that one of every 3 songs is slow.

if not, i can put in 20 for that DJ ... or maybe 30, depends, but the 2 or 3 CD's sounds much cheaper if you ask me o.~

I'm so happy my idea is working <3 <3 <3 ^^

Mai-chan

Just spoke to Ryu, and I humbly cast my vote for Sunday evening.

Does anyone know what time the Y-Bingo is occuring? I'd happily come Saturday if it doesn't conflict with that.

Now, is this going to be a masquerade, or more of a formal?

--

Kazuko

x: ah music feeest T3T

well :] when the official times are set i shall place my vote

Ayanami Rei First Child

It has to be later in the night, because saturday is the busiest day for The Queen of Caps in whom I work for and she's understaffed that day >.<

SakuraKanegawa

Quote from: "Mai-chan"Just spoke to Ryu, and I humbly cast my vote for Sunday evening.

Does anyone know what time the Y-Bingo is occuring? I'd happily come Saturday if it doesn't conflict with that.

Now, is this going to be a masquerade, or more of a formal?
i think we should all wear masks, it's be fun and they cost like 98 cents XD
then comes the glitter glue :D

Ayanami Rei First Child

This was supposed to be semi-formal. You know like khakis and collared shirts....no need for an actual tux and tie kind of thing. It's just a normal dance, just with cos/crossplay as well ^^;

winry_elric

yaaaaaaaay sounds like so much fuuuuuun *dances and squeals again cuz i'm cool like that X3*

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: "Mai-chan"Just spoke to Ryu, and I humbly cast my vote for Sunday evening.

As in after the Cosplay? If its at the same time.... @.@

Quote from: "SakuraKanegawa"
i think we should all wear masks, it's be fun and they cost like 98 cents XD
then comes the glitter glue :D
Already have one. :3 Its awesomeness that I made at a friend's b-day a few years back.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

FanFicGuru

Tried to talk to Jinnai the other night, sent me to his booking agent. I have yet to send an email...

I'm not sure if this will work out as far as getting the DJ. In any case, I can plug the burned CDs in. No track ideas yet?
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

DayDreamerNessa

my opinion

I say lets just play someone's c.d.'s, for such a last minute event, I don't expect a DJ

Actually I'd rather just use someone's c.d.'s for those who offer them to us ^_^

Are we going to get a poll up for the date and time ?
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"my opinion

I say lets just play someone's c.d.'s, for such a last minute event, I don't expect a DJ

Actually I'd rather just use someone's c.d.'s for those who offer them to us ^_^

Added more options to the poll. So go vote people.

gmontem

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"

It's not possible to delete the poll and create a new one?  Those who already voted cannot recast their vote.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "gmontem"

It's not possible to delete the poll and create a new one?  Those who already voted cannot recast their vote.

Ok fine. I'll do that.

SakuraKanegawa

it should be a choice to dress formal or not....
another chance to break out that old prom dress or tux ^^

Sunara Ishi

There should be a choice to have it at 10pm or something after those events. ^.^ Like a late-night dance.... It'd be more romantic~/intriging/magestic/etc. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "gmontem"

yeah cause I can't vote either yet so please change it.

To me it'd make more sense to have it on saturday, because musicfest doesn't generate as big of a crowd as the masquerade does.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++