Ball

Started by SakuraKanegawa, April 05, 2006, 05:55:27 PM

Best Nights for the Ball?

Saturday Night-7 p.m 8 p.m(Conflicts with Musicfest)
13 (31%)
Sunday Night-6 p.m-8 p.m(Conflicts with Masquerade)
5 (11.9%)
Both Days-After 10 p.m
20 (47.6%)
Dressing up? Does that mean I have to look like a penguin ala Pen-Pen?
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 16, 2006, 11:59:26 PM

OniCourseMusha

what time is Yaoi event starts?
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

FanFicGuru

Well, if we do dress up and stuff I'd like some sort of agreement from the DJ for some slow songs for a block of time. Maybe saying "Ok all you couples out there, grab your girl and let's slow things down a bit with some nice slow beats..." or whatever. lol Yeah I'm not a DJ...

Even for like, an hour or something that would be cool. I mean, at prom you barely dance for that long anyways...well most of the time. lol

However, my girlfriend will be out on a trip, so I'll be a stag! WAHHH!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Ayanami Rei First Child

I think Fanfic Guru has a great idea, that we can get a thing from the DJ to get a small block of time, even if for an hour, to just slow dance. Also something to possibly change partners or something....for those of us without a partner to dance with, but still want to go! ^^;

I'll be crossplaying doing Gothic Loli, so this would be great for me to do ^^

Preferably at night so it won't mess up me working for The Queen of Hats @.@

Ruby

>__> What if one of the people can't dress up all formal? :O It should be a choice on if you wanna be formal or not :3 That way we still get to dance and stuffs <3
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Ruby">__> What if one of the people can't dress up all formal? :O It should be a choice on if you wanna be formal or not :3 That way we still get to dance and stuffs <3
Yeah Ruby's got a good point. Not everyone will read this or be able to afford formal wear. Gothic Lolita better count. This will make sure that the least amount of people get left out...although perhaps we should make people try to get semi-formal like collared shirts and all that ^^; Not actually force people...just encourage....^^;

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"
Quote from: "Ruby">__> What if one of the people can't dress up all formal? :O It should be a choice on if you wanna be formal or not :3 That way we still get to dance and stuffs <3
Yeah Ruby's got a good point. Not everyone will read this or be able to afford formal wear. Gothic Lolita better count. This will make sure that the least amount of people get left out...although perhaps we should make people try to get semi-formal like collared shirts and all that ^^; Not actually force people...just encourage....^^;
I can't even afford a tuxedo anyways so I can just wear collared shirt and tie.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Shinsengumi

It depends on what there show on of any night I'll check it out.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Ruby

xD <__<; So if it's just encouraged instead of enforced, it should be okay. XD As long as people get to slow dance it should be nice <3

<_< but yeah. I dun have anything formal except my prom dress which is probably...*pokes it* either too big or too small for me. >:[ not sure which at the moment. Lol  :?

>_>;;; And other than that, I dun think I have any really formal shirts or anything. :O Oh well. XD Something will be figured out...

Maybe it should just be like, people who know about this, already know they can come formal if they'd like, and for those who happen to drop by (who aren't on teh forums for example), can just drop by in their normal clothes. :3

...Most otaku that I know of, aren't gonna bring collared shirts or ties with them to Fanime to just wear around the convention center. XDD o__O; unless thats how they dress...

BUT ANYWAYS...

..I can always steal a few ties from work ;D Although they are HIDEOUS.   :roll:
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah I think the whole point should be that it is ENCOURAGED. We should NOT force people, as that would ruin the whole vibe of "We want to include EVERYBODY here". ^^;

Green_Tea

Perhaps rather than saying "Hey can you play slow songs for an hour?" it would be better to ask the Dj to throw a couple of slow songs in between the other stuff. At all the school dances I went to there were way more fast songs than slow songs any ways.

Since this isn't a true even yet, I don't think it should matter about dressing up formal. Though, if it does become a real thing next year it should be Cossplay or Formal only. Which means you have to be in a costume, fancy-type skirt or dress, and guys wear a collared shirt.

Just my two cents there.
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Green_Tea"Perhaps rather than saying "Hey can you play slow songs for an hour?" it would be better to ask the Dj to throw a couple of slow songs in between the other stuff. At all the school dances I went to there were way more fast songs than slow songs any ways.

Since this isn't a true even yet, I don't think it should matter about dressing up formal. Though, if it does become a real thing next year it should be Cossplay or Formal only. Which means you have to be in a costume, fancy-type skirt or dress, and guys wear a collared shirt.

Just my two cents there.
Well what if the guys want to wear a dress?@.@

Although yeah I don't think many people are talking about an enforced dress code thing, but we SHOULD talk to the DJ ahead of time to get a small block of time to slow dance. Even if it's only like 30min or like several 15min segements ^^;

Also I don't know how to fast dance and it's a lot harder to wing that :cry:  :cry:

OniCourseMusha

I'm surprise that some of you are willing to crossplay for the formal gathering even though it disturbs me.
Kraken Con Staff

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"I'm surprise that some of you are willing to crossplay for the formal gathering even though it disturbs me.

I've never seen a formal ball gathering with crossplay, It would be interesting to see.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Ayanami Rei First Child

What can I say? I identify more with being female then I do male ^^;; Besides, I bet you wouldn't say that so much if it was a GIRL wanting to crossplay or something @.@

An for the record I'm not doing this because I'm secretly gay or anything. I'm 100% into women ^^;;

SakuraKanegawa

well, i actually did make a dress for this. It has lace, ribbon, angle wings. Even a mask!! XD it's really formal... so i'll stick out like a sore thumb ^^;

SakuraKanegawa

I think it should be sometime saturday night. there's no way in HELL that i'll wear i big poofy dress for more than a night... XD

Tony

Just throwing this out there-

What if I got some time on Sunday for this on Stage One?

I have the place from 10am until 8pm, but I could see if Dance is willing to cut me a little slack and let me go until 9pm.

Biggest problem: masquerade is on Sunday. It starts early, but I have no clue as to when it ends. Most people (myself included) will probably be there until it finishes.

Another problem: I have no songs or DJ.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Ayanami Rei First Child

Mmmh. Yeah. Which is why it seems like the best option is to convince the DJ on a saturday or something ^^;;

SakuraKanegawa

hmmm... do you have a computer that we could hook an ipod up to? or a cd player? i have TONS of songs and could set up a play list...  :D

This is great!
well... as long as there's amps to play the music on XD

Ayanami Rei First Child

Mmm.....you mean as long as this shaky plan actually WORKS? ^^; Yeah, because it would REALLY suck to go there and have it totally crash. T_T

Any staff people here who could work something out for us? Even if it's for a short time. We don't even need it listed all formal style ^^;;