Ball

Started by SakuraKanegawa, April 05, 2006, 05:55:27 PM

Best Nights for the Ball?

Saturday Night-7 p.m 8 p.m(Conflicts with Musicfest)
13 (31%)
Sunday Night-6 p.m-8 p.m(Conflicts with Masquerade)
5 (11.9%)
Both Days-After 10 p.m
20 (47.6%)
Dressing up? Does that mean I have to look like a penguin ala Pen-Pen?
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 16, 2006, 11:59:26 PM

Tony

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Any staff people here who could work something out for us? Even if it's for a short time. We don't even need it listed all formal style ^^;;

*ahem*,
I run MusicFest. I have the dance room until 8, maybe 9pm. I have a sound system, lights, a dance floor, and a place and time.

:D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Ayanami Rei First Child

W00t! It's on then! For the win! I can't WAIT to go! It'll be soooo cool!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Kazuko

yaaay ^^ I cant wait to dance my pants off LOL <3

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Kazuko"yaaay ^^ I cant wait to dance my pants off LOL <3
Hopefully I'll see you that Kazuko-san ^^

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Any staff people here who could work something out for us? Even if it's for a short time. We don't even need it listed all formal style ^^;;

*ahem*,
I run MusicFest. I have the dance room until 8, maybe 9pm. I have a sound system, lights, a dance floor, and a place and time.

:D
Until 8 or 9? So wat time we meet then?
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah that's a good point. If it's on saturday the later the better for me....I gotta work for the Queen of Hats ^^;;

FanFicGuru

How about this?

We start it at 6:30 PM (that way people can grab some food around 5:30 or something with their dates) and go til 8:30 PM?

That way, plenty of time for dancing, and it won't collide with the 9 PM programming?

I think that would be a good idea. Even I (who will be thoroughly single) may go just to dance with ya'll.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"How about this?
We start it at 6:30 PM (that way people can grab some food around 5:30 or something with their dates) and go til 8:30 PM?
That way, plenty of time for dancing, and it won't collide with the 9 PM programming?
I think that would be a good idea. Even I (who will be thoroughly single) may go just to dance with ya'll.
Well I'll be VERY much single myself Fanfic-san. The best I can hope for is some crossplay fangirl to want to dance with me or something, although she might not after finding out I'm a straight guy :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

the_Pink_Panther24

lol, ill be going single.
when i heard "ball" i thought ballroom dancing.
THAT im good at, and salsa.

but i wont be pressing my luck, ill need a partner first! HAHAAAAAA XD

DayDreamerNessa

wait I'm confused so this IS happening? I read through the posts, but it just makes me more confused, can someone state what the

-time

is lol? Hopefully if this is on saturday it doesn't conflict with the kamijo events since my bf is really looking forward to that. If it's on sunday I won't be able to because i'm not dancing in my masquerade costume lol

I don't have any special outfit for this ball though T_T
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

gmontem

If we will be using Tony's help, it'll be on Sunday.  

Quote from: "Tony"Just throwing this out there-

What if I got some time on Sunday for this on Stage One?

I have the place from 10am until 8pm, but I could see if Dance is willing to cut me a little slack and let me go until 9pm.

Biggest problem: masquerade is on Sunday. It starts early, but I have no clue as to when it ends. Most people (myself included) will probably be there until it finishes.

Another problem: I have no songs or DJ.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

winry_elric

this sounds like so much fun ^^
i only wish it wasn't on sunday....
but oh well, as long as it's happening!!
*dances around and squeals like the 15-year-old fangirl that she is* >_>;;;

DayDreamerNessa

I guess count me out, I really wanted to go too. Sunday is so busy, and I don't want to risk dancing in my costume for the masquerade either =/

If this happens next year, can we make it on saturday or even friday? I mean ever since I heard that other cons had alternative dances besides the usual 'rave dance' I've wanted fanime to have one too, like others have stated.

Of course when fanime finally has it I won't be able to go. *sighs*

FanFicGuru

I think Tony already said that he's got everything he needs at the top of this page, didn't he? He runs musicfest and says he has the Dance room until 8 or 9 PM...

I think the only thing he doesn't have is a DJ. Maybe Jinnai could do it?

Hrmmm...
Swap meet staff - 2014

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"I think Tony already said that he's got everything he needs at the top of this page, didn't he? He runs musicfest and says he has the Dance room until 8 or 9 PM...

I think the only thing he doesn't have is a DJ. Maybe Jinnai could do it?

Hrmmm...

and that's saturday from the post that he made. well, if you are willing to fly him over for this, then I highly suggest you do. I knew I forgot to ask Tony about this last night. -_-;;;
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Tony

First and foremost, I need a "DJ". At this point, that probably means "Load burned CD, push play." I already asked Jinnai if he would come down, but he needs transportation and a room - which I don't have...  :(

Second, we need to establish a time. Let's Vote!

Saturday, 7pm ish to 8pm ish. (Conflicts with MusicFest.)
Sunday, 6pm ish to 8pm ish. (Conflicts with Masquerade.)

Third, I need to make sure my staff can handle this extra event (especially if it's on Saturday). I'll ask them; you guys figure out what sounds best!

Only if all three items work out will we have a ball... it would be in the Dance room, SJCC room B. (Same place as the dance two years ago.)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I have a bed in my room free from when my friends totally cancelled on me....Although before I share it I would like to talk with the guy first a little or something. ^^;;

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Well I have a bed in my room free from when my friends totally cancelled on me....Although before I share it I would like to talk with the guy first a little or something. ^^;;

His aim sn is VivaJinnai. Also, Are you willing to pay for his flight? If you guys find a way to pool your $ together, then it can be done. Talk to him on AIM, since he usually comes online at night. I would like to help, but I'm already financially stressed out as well.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "Tony"First and foremost, I need a "DJ". At this point, that probably means "Load burned CD, push play." I already asked Jinnai if he would come down, but he needs transportation and a room - which I don't have...  :(

Third, I need to make sure my staff can handle this extra event (especially if it's on Saturday). I'll ask them; you guys figure out what sounds best!

Only if all three items work out will we have a ball... it would be in the Dance room, SJCC room B. (Same place as the dance two years ago.)

yes please let's vote! I want to have some chance of going to this, i personally don't care for musicfest so I have no issue =P

I just hope there'll be staff, to help out, because saturday and sunday are so busy.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Tony"First and foremost, I need a "DJ". At this point, that probably means "Load burned CD, push play." I already asked Jinnai if he would come down, but he needs transportation and a room - which I don't have...  :(

Well, here's my 'vote' on it:

I say we do it Saturday, depending on how 'ish' the 'ish' is, maybe 6:30 to 8:30 or something like that. Masquerade will most likely be less crowded than Masquerade. (Not that it won't be popular, just the Cosplay competition always has a humongous turnout).

As for a DJ, if it's simply a matter of swapping between dance tracks and slow music tracks, if someone has good mixes, I'll be more than willing to pop them in and out and press play. As long as relatively little skill is involved.

Heck, we have enough time that we can arrange which songs we'd want on the track list even. How about it? Get some ideas for dance tracks and slow song tracks. Sounds good to me.

The extra staff thing I'm guessing is in Tony's hands, however, if they are willing to do it based on certain times, it's fine if we have to make a few adjustments to make sure that we can hold the ball.

So, in short:

1) Saturday evening. 6:30-8:30 is ideal. Would like to get at least an hour. Maybe 6:45-7:45?

2) I can plug in tracks if we can get the CDs made and people want to vote on which songs we listen to.

3) Hopefully Tony will be able to get his Staff to help us out on this. If it's a matter of time that they don't want to be working, we can limit it down to 6:45-7:45...for simplicity's sake.

How does that sound to everyone?

EDIT: Where does Jinnai live and how much would it cost for his ticket?
Swap meet staff - 2014