Ball

Started by SakuraKanegawa, April 05, 2006, 05:55:27 PM

Best Nights for the Ball?

Saturday Night-7 p.m 8 p.m(Conflicts with Musicfest)
13 (31%)
Sunday Night-6 p.m-8 p.m(Conflicts with Masquerade)
5 (11.9%)
Both Days-After 10 p.m
20 (47.6%)
Dressing up? Does that mean I have to look like a penguin ala Pen-Pen?
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 16, 2006, 11:59:26 PM

Asa_Gohan

*puts on the laughing mask face as mask =3*

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Green_Tea

I got my mask for 79 cents at Michaels, spray painted it, and used a hot glue gun to put sparkles on it. Woot..

On a more important note.. Has anyone posted this on the gathering info in the cosplay part of the board? It might attract more people and make it a little less confusing as to when it actually is. I've been following the thread and I'm still kind of confused as well.
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

ChenCzen

How many of you are actually going to dress up for this?
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

Rette

I plan to have a dress-up version of my crossplay... throw in a shirt, bow-tie, top hat and mask....

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Karisma Black

I plan on dressing up for this. <3

SakuraKanegawa

definatly dressing up.
... maybe over dressing XD (made a dress o.O)

Ayanami Rei First Child

:cry: I've been rejected by Kazuko-san!! :cry:

Ruby

Hrm, I'ma just dress normally. >.>; Dont have a dress.

But anyway, THIS SHOULD BE LOTS OF FUN! ^_^
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Tony

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"Yeah this DID get finalized....it's TOTALLY happening....we've even got a timeframe....click through the records to check and see...

Nonono, this has not been confirmed. I still haven't heard from anyone giving me solid details about getting me a DJ or just music, and so the room was booked. So far,

this is not happening.

BUT.

I have another open time slot. Thursday night, pre- and early-reg only. Our other plans fell through, so this is probably the best chance to do something, and it can actually be at night. It will be totally last minute and totally fan-run, but who wants to step up and actually do this?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

shinigami_babe

count me out if it's on thursday  :cry:

Ayanami Rei First Child

I totally can NOT make it on thursday! I already told my hotel to drop thursday, because nothing was going on!!

I could've sworn you said it was on and we had that one time slot open @.@

shinigami_babe

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"I totally can NOT make it on thursday! I already told my hotel to drop thursday, because nothing was going on!!

I could've sworn you said it was on and we had that one time slot open @.@

me too!!!!

Karisma Black

Can't make it on Thursday either. No point in me driving almost 2 hours to just go to that only to have to drive 2 hour back and then drive back down on Friday...

BLEH.

Can't we just find a location and have a mini-gathering and the like?

rubymoonIII

not happening * sniff sniif*  *goes into sad  mana mode* :-({|=
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Tony

Sunday is now booked solid. Saturday, I still have 7-8pm; Thursday is open all night. But I still need someone to DJ.

It's already 3 days after the Saturday deadline. FanFicGuru tentatively volunteered, but I haven't been contacted directly by anyone and the music hasn't even been decided on yet... can you see why this isn't official?
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Karisma Black

Yeah. Understandable. Either way I don't think an actual ball with music will happen, but I'm still game for dressing up and having a gathering. Is anyone still up for this?

gmontem

Quote from: "Karisma Black"Yeah. Understandable. Either way I don't think an actual ball with music will happen, but I'm still game for dressing up and having a gathering. Is anyone still up for this?
I still would like to see a gathering happen.  Anyone up for Saturday? Don't know what time though.  :-k
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Kazuko

x: if its on thursday or saturday i cant go T^T cause i have to be at music fest since my friends are dragging me there and its a no way out situation x:

and thursday i have classes x: and i wont be at fanime till friday

rubymoonIII

Too t too true no ones going to go to the ball on thursday cuz evryones  going to be busy to get ready for friday and no ones going to want to go on thusday then come back and go back on friday its either a ball at fanime or we can go to some ritzy restaurant and show off (and just  order really cheap drinks a.e water) if this doesnt happen its going to be really sad alot of people were loking forward to this as a romantic night... plus i wanted to celebrate my birthday early at the ball  :arrow: (btw my b-day is june 2) :idea:  if it doesnt happen we can think of something else :idea:   :lol: [size/][/code]
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

FanFicGuru

Guh, time slots are filling, Thursday night is no good for me, and Saturday I have to be keeping an eye on my sisters.

Looks like this'll just be a gathering...sorry people.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015