The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Awesome.

Started by Chun, April 10, 2006, 03:39:56 PM

IamTetsuo

I was *THIS* close to standing up during the end credits of Haruhi at Fanime and doing the Haruhi dance.  
I still did it in my chair.
Had I still been drunk I definatly would have stood up and done it.  And shouted "Everyone do the haruhi dance!"  :lol:

Also I gotta say episode 13, kinda a letdown especially after the complete awesomeness that was episode 12!

Tsubasa

a.f.k released the last episode today.  Very cute ending.  I couldn't really ask for more.  Here's to hoping for a second series. XD
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Tsukai Mori

It's out today, huh? Well, I just got back from the Superman movie...
*throws up*.

I'll watch Haruhi another time. I'm on Ever 17! Gomen!

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"I'll watch Haruhi another time. I'm on Ever 17! Gomen!
Egad!  Placing something else before Haruhi?  I think you have your priorities wrong. =P

I jest of course, but, for me, Haruhi has been the first series since Nanoha A's that demanded an immediate watching.  Which, truth be told, has only been two seasons. XD;  But there was a long lull before Nanoha A's.
-Tsubasa

Tsukai Mori

Tsubasa, did I ever mention that your pony tail...
I'm not even going to go there.

Okay, so that last episode of Haruhi was an easy win for me. Yes, 10 points, perfect score. A few questions. Significance of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. Answer in white text plus "quotes".

I think the answer:

QuoteA kiss to wake up. The world is beautiful, Haruhi.

Another question, next season is a possibility or not?

Final question, the very last song fort the A.F.K. fansub. It was in piano and beautiful. For some reason, I think it's a Final Fantasy song, but regardless, I'd like to know the name. Can anyone help me?

Btw, Freud would have a field trip with that.

Sigmund Freud.
Oedipus the King.
Oediupus Complex
Electra Complex.

I think those are names you might want to look up if you are interested in what Kyon meant.

Okay, now I'm going to flood this thread with anything Haruhi related. Well, anything Haruhi video related that looks absolutely genius, but at the same time hell bent on world domination especially starting witht he otakus in Japan and then finally even the normal people in the who really need something like a god or goddess whom they can worship and pray to for all their Haruhi needs and yet not get them because Haruhi has a monopoly on all things alien, espers, time travelers and some people even want to support that she has a monopoloy on ninjas, pirates, and ninja pirates. Will Haruhism ever stop?

First of the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUq3Ihewyj4 -Nagato Fighting paraody joke with many games.

Mugen ->That's the fighting game name. Yes, it IS real. I'm not sure how you get it or get the Nagato patch. No joke. Those are real combos...<strike>I think</strike> I know.

Btw, NAGATO IS NOT EASY TO PLAY.

EDIT. I FOUND MUGEN
Here is the site and how to use mugen/install/characters/ whatever.
http://randomselect.i-xcell.com/

If you want NAGATO here is the site.
http://kaihokaitin.hp.infoseek.co.jp/mugen/nagato.htm
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND LOOK FOR ダã,¦ãƒ³ãƒ­ãƒ¼ãƒ‰ã¯ã"ちã,‰ã‹ã,‰ãŠé¡˜ã,,しますã€, IN RED!

SUPPORT NAGATO! She can summon HARUHI and MIKURU and KOIZUMI! (There's no Kyon for the moment).

Edit:

About Nagato (fighting character):
Summoning Mikuru will initiate this sad violin theme. It's actually funny. I wonder what Mikuru is saying.

Down, down, x.
Summoning Koizumi will allow a little brick wall. Well, Koizumi isn't your one-hit wall, but his sign will be.

Down, down, z.

Summoning Haruhi allows her to do a jump kick at your opponent. You know... with both her feet. I don't know how you do that.

????

Summoning Asakura requries I think a full super. I haven't done this yet, but I hear it is hard.
Edit:

Hmm apparently Haruhi's voice actress sang God Know's and that other song. Talented.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"SUPPORT NAGATO!

Many people probably won't, 'cuz Mugen is broken, see?

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"Tsubasa, did I ever mention that your pony tail...
I'm not even going to go there.

You started your train of thought. That's good enough for me. ::adds to folder of Tsukai slipups::

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"Will Haruhism ever stop?

Probably not (sorry, Theo!):

Quote from: "fr33lanc3r"Session Start (SpiritsnareAlpha:fuglyto): Mon Jul 03 23:15:01 2006
fuglyto: omg im crying T_T
fuglyto: thats all of haruhi....
fuglyto: NOOOOOOO
SpiritsnareAlpha: Not really.
SpiritsnareAlpha: There's going to be a second season or Kyoto Animation will see riots happening every day in Akihabara.
fuglyto: yes.. riot
fuglyto: RIOT
fuglyto: did u watch 14 already?
SpiritsnareAlpha: However, you're right on one thing: it's very depressing. I'm going to go through Mikuru withdrawal.
SpiritsnareAlpha: Nah, I haven't. Probably will download them tomorrow.
fuglyto: im going to go through mikuru withdrawl too...
fuglyto: im crying matt
fuglyto: CRYING
SpiritsnareAlpha: ^^;
SpiritsnareAlpha: I'm not too worried, actually, because there has to be that second season.
fuglyto: there better be a second season
SpiritsnareAlpha: There's no reason not to have a second season.
fuglyto: u never know
fuglyto: @_O
SpiritsnareAlpha: Well, if there is no second season, I'll go through Mikuru withdrawal, read the novels, watch the Kanon remake (blame this sucker for making Haruhi 14 eps), and move on with my life.
fuglyto: i cant move on
SpiritsnareAlpha: ...^^;;
*** "fuglyto" signed off at Mon Jul 03 23:33:37 2006.

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"
First of the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUq3Ihewyj4 -Nagato Fighting paraody joke with many games.

Mugen ->That's the fighting game name. Yes, it IS real. I'm not sure how you get it or get the Nagato patch. No joke. Those are real combos...<strike>I think</strike> I know.

You may want to take a look at the last page of our other Haruhi-related thread.

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"Okay, now I'm going to flood this thread with anything Haruhi related.

NO. If you're going to flood this thread with dozens upon dozens of Haruhi images, doujin, videos, or whatever -- keep in mind that first and foremost, this is a discussion thread, not a pictureboard. If you feel the intense need to post said dozens upon dozens of pictures, I believe you're familiar with 4chan; alternatively, create another thread for it (perhaps not limited to Haruhi.) Thank you for your cooperation.
epic progressive

vox

Tsukai Mori

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
But it can be unbroken! Make it yourself, really.

Quote from: "Spiritsnarei"
First of the videos:

You may want to take a look at the last page of our other Haruhi-related thread.

More reasons to join the SOS-Dan and actually post >_>;;. I haven't even noticed that thread.

NO. If you're going to flood this thread with dozens upon dozens of Haruhi images, doujin, videos, or whatever -- keep in mind that first and foremost, this is a discussion thread, not a pictureboard. If you feel the intense need to post said dozens upon dozens of pictures, I believe you're familiar with 4chan; alternatively, create another thread for it (perhaps not limited to Haruhi.) Thank you for your cooperation.

I think I just threw up. I was joking. Yes, about the flooding. No, not about the throwing up.

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"
But it can be unbroken! Make it yourself, really.
Unbreaking a broken fighting game requires extensive play and feedback from competitive-level players.  Kinda hard to do it on such a small scale.  You'd end up with something like MvC2.  Also, considering the highly customizable nature of MUGEN, it demands constant tweaking.

I think I'm gonna stick to my KoFXI and Tenka. =P
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"I think I just threw up. I was joking. Yes, about the flooding. No, not about the throwing up.

I'm sorry, but when you're already flooding forums with random inane announcements, I tend to think otherwise. That, and you're using images in a game topic that doesn't need them.

I'm dead serious.
epic progressive

vox

Tsukai Mori

My apologies then. I suppose I've been inconsiderate of forum and its people.
Alright, I'm off. See you guys later (anymore posting in here and...)

Spiritsnare

Well said, Tsukai.

Back on the topic of Haruhi, I showed the episode 10 fight scene to my friend (who I insisted should see the series for its insanely excellent animation) at the party I attended today. This ended up attracting a whole bunch of other people who, upon seeing Yuki's asskicking (and the band snippet from ep 12), demanded that they burn copies for them, too.

That's it -- I'm creating a SOS-dan sect within Music Game Club.
epic progressive

vox

Spiritsnare

A bump, seeing as this thread is slowly sinking and I've just watched episode 14. Here are my thoughts:

• Kyon's sister = win
  • 'mikuru' folder = win
  • Haruhi angst = whoa
  • More Kyon's sister = win
  • Mysterious stuff = win
  • Climax = win
  • Yuki's little "HEY LET'S GO TO THE LIBRARY AGAIN :DDDD" message = win
  • Orchestral music = win
  • Tense situation = win
  • The mix of Kyon's and Haruhi's feelings = interesting
  • Kyon's feelings in particular = interesting
  • Haruhi's near-realization of her dream = interesting, a bit scary
  • The 'moment' = win
  • The epilogue = win
  • The episode = win
  • The series = win, win, and more win
A full review will be posted on my aniblog soon, because there's so much to like about this ending. It's very fulfilling.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"A bump, seeing as this thread is slowly sinking and I've just watched episode 14. Here are my thoughts:

• Kyon's sister = win
  • 'mikuru' folder = win
  • Haruhi angst = whoa
  • More Kyon's sister = win
  • Mysterious stuff = win
  • Climax = win
  • Orchestral music = win
  • Tense situation = win
  • The mix of Kyon's and Haruhi's feelings = interesting
  • Kyon's feelings in particular = interesting
  • Haruhi's near-realization of her dream = interesting, a bit scary
  • The 'moment' = win
  • The epilogue = win
  • The episode = win
  • The series = win, win, and more win
A full review will be posted on my aniblog soon, because there's so much to like about this ending. It's very fulfilling.
Agreed on all counts.

BTW, an interesting note, a friend told me that the series feels a little different, and the "ending" episode makes a little more (less?) sense if you rewatch the series chronologically. I haven't done it yet but I probably will soon - the series was too good and too short not to.

Spiritsnare

And so, a recap, plus some random thoughts. I should add more. Make it sound more bloggish/editorialish than journalistic.
epic progressive

vox

hosoi-koe

Anyone notice Haado Gei in episode 12? D:
~ Jun Watarase <3

Tsubasa

So cute. <3

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"And so, a recap, plus some random thoughts. I should add more. Make it sound more bloggish/editorialish than journalistic.
Someday I'll get an anime log up too. XD;

hosoi-koe:
Watarase Jun banzai!  So loli-shota. XD;
-Tsubasa

Alucard_not_pip?

Ze stupid gurl didn't even pay us.

saiko_koneko

the dance...at the end...

is kinda annoying

mDuo13

Quote from: "saiko_koneko"the dance...at the end...

is kinda annoying
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

*thinks for a moment*

Chun, we have our work cut out for us.

saiko_koneko