i need a ride from the airport....

Started by Nezumi, April 11, 2006, 09:14:06 PM

Nezumi

hey all, i'll be flieing to the con, most likley landing in the san jose airport (unless i find an airport closer to the con center) however the friend of mine that was going to provide my transportation from airport to con upon arrival and from con to airport when departing, might also be flieing and will be without a car up there. is there anyone that would be so graciouse as to possibly provide me with the transportation? preferably a female (seeing as i am a girl myself i would just feel more comfertable that way)

Arigato!

~Nezumi-chan
it's better then breakfast!

RyuHayabusa

PM me with the details. I will be able to do it, if that's ok with you guys. :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Nezumi

thanks Ryu but i would prefer a female. if there are any females willing and able to do me this favor it would be greatly apreciated if not, i will take your offer, but i honestly would prefer a female for this.

otakuya

Well, the only airport close to the CC is the San Jose Airport (Mineta). They have shuttles that would take you to the "Metro Airport" light rail station a few blocks away. The light rail would take you directly to the CC and all hotels.

Just a suggestion.  :D

Nezumi

Quote from: "Otakuya"Well, the only airport close to the CC is the San Jose Airport (Mineta). They have shuttles that would take you to the "Metro Airport" light rail station a few blocks away. The light rail would take you directly to the CC and all hotels.

Just a suggestion.  :D
arigato. i will look into it

chanocular

hmmm, i'll be arriving at the airport as well to attend the Con. does anyone know the fare for a taxi (Mineta San Jose Airport to the convention site)?

Nezumi

Quote from: "chanocular"hmmm, i'll be arriving at the airport as well to attend the Con. does anyone know the fare for a taxi (Mineta San Jose Airport to the convention site)?
the light rail system thing would probably be cheaper. if you're arriving around the same time as i am, perhaps we could meet up in bagage claim and take the advanture together. at least then if we get lost we wouldn't be alone ^_^;;;

chanocular

how does this light rail work? can you send me a link with some info?...and when are you arriving?

Barnes

Quote from: "chanocular"how does this light rail work? can you send me a link with some info?...and when are you arriving?

Heres a link for you:
http://www.vta.org/
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

chanocular

otakuya

If you're flying in from the south, you'll fly over downtown SJ, directly over HP Pavilion and the Convention Center. You should be able to see it from the plane window.

Unlike many other metro cities, our city's airport is downtown.
Think about it. (hint: buildings ^^,)

chanocular

wow...VTA's site is very confusing. So does the light rail near the airport go directly to the station near the Convention? And if you could tell me the route number...

ININ

Visit the San Jose International Airport website.  http://www.sjc.org/  The website has transportation information especially for Downtown San Jose.  I suggest taking a taxi because downtown is 10 minutes from the airport during non-commute hours.  

When the plane lands, downtown is on the right side and, yes, you are going to see the convention center >.>

chanocular

the taxi was my plan on getting to the convention. But, do you know what the fare is to get to the con (by taxi)?

ININ

The taxi fare is between $14-$20 according to the San Jose Airport webpage.  If you are staying at the Hilton, their website says $12.  I say between $12-$17.

There is a $1.50 airport tax for trips from the airport :P

chanocular

LoveStinks

Quote from: "Nezumi"hey all, i'll be flieing to the con, most likley landing in the san jose airport (unless i find an airport closer to the con center) however the friend of mine that was going to provide my transportation from airport to con upon arrival and from con to airport when departing, might also be flieing and will be without a car up there. is there anyone that would be so graciouse as to possibly provide me with the transportation? preferably a female (seeing as i am a girl myself i would just feel more comfertable that way)

Arigato!

~Nezumi-chan

You have PM

Umi

You could get a taxi, but if you're looking for a slightly cheaper option you can book a shuttle to take you from the airport to the hotel, chances are there will be plenty of other people going the same way as well. I've only used SuperShuttle. I think they might be one of the more expensive options but you can book online and have a more flexible pickup/drop off schedule so I prefer using them - plus I know they're reputable.

chanocular

Nyxyin

Quote from: "chanocular"So does the light rail near the airport go directly to the station near the Convention?
EDIT: Er, you need to take a free bus from the airport to the light rail station.  The light rail stops right in front of the convention center.  In previous years, we had to walk past the light rail station to get from the video rooms to the Masquerade.

For more details about which numbers to take and such, go to http://transit.511.org/tripplanner/index.asp and put in "SJC, San Jose, CA" for the starting point and "San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, CA" for the destination.