About child's reg.

Started by ILuvHeijiHattori, April 12, 2006, 08:27:25 AM

ILuvHeijiHattori

What If I'm 16 years old...

I can't get my parents to come with me...

My 9 year old sister wants to come...

Could I be her guardian or does she need to pay the adult price?

I'm asking cuz usually a guardian is someone 18 and up. So... ^^; yeah.

FanFicGuru

I think that you could still bring her with you. Maybe if you got a note from your mother or father saying that they are leaving her in your care for this event, then you would technically be considered her guardian for that day. Either way, I don't think that you should buy her a registration when she could just get in free.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

M

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"I think that you could still bring her with you. Maybe if you got a note from your mother or father saying that they are leaving her in your care for this event, then you would technically be considered her guardian for that day. Either way, I don't think that you should buy her a registration when she could just get in free.

Notes will not be honored as a note can easily be forged.

Ok on with the answers and general comments to the original post:
- Your parents have to be with your sister and you as they are your legal guardians.
- She does not need to pay the adult price. She can get a child's pass.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

CuteMew

Will child's passes be available on Thursday during pre-reg check-in?  Last year I don't think I was able to get one since children's passes aren't pre-registered.  So, if I get my badge on Thursday, is there any place I can go directly to get the child's pass without having to wait in line all over again?

M

Quote from: "CuteMew"Will child's passes be available on Thursday during pre-reg check-in?  Last year I don't think I was able to get one since children's passes aren't pre-registered.  So, if I get my badge on Thursday, is there any place I can go directly to get the child's pass without having to wait in line all over again?

Yes, you will be able to get Child memberships if you are picking up a pre-reg or early-reg badge.

nekokazzie

Related to this...

If my younger cousin wants to come,and since I'm over 18, can i be her guardian? Or did this just get answered? Just making sure^^;
' I reject your reality and substitute my own!' - Mythbuster's Jamie ^-^

M

Quote from: "nekokazzie"Related to this...

If my younger cousin wants to come,and since I'm over 18, can i be her guardian? Or did this just get answered? Just making sure^^;
No, because you are not her legal guardian.