[Discussion] Utawarerumono

Started by Spiritsnare, April 13, 2006, 09:29:54 PM

-zoxan-

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Pssssst. Amol, you have a ginormous sig.

Can you please cut it down some? ^^;

"Request", granted.

Watched a couple more. The big fat guy (I forget his name) - his "nyamo" and his laught, the "p-kukukuku" is highly irritating. I am liking Aruruu more, and I'm getting more addicted to the OP. Updates for the next couple(or more) coming later. Oh, before I forget: The screaming by Oboru and the camera zooming outward is getting kinda iffy lol. BTW, Nuwangi is scary o_O

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "-zoxan-"Moreover, it seems to me like this anime is set in Earth itself, within a tribal population that existed like maybe 4oo-ish years ago in one of the then unexplored continents.
If anyone's wondering, the initial setting for Utawarerumono is heavily influenced by Ainu: a people indigenous to primarily northern parts of Japan.  A couple resources about the Ainu.

On that note, there's often argument about how the two main girls' names should be spelled.  By the official Ainu romanization scheme it should be "Eruruw" and "Aruruw."  Straight phonetic romanization by katakana would yield "Eruru" and "Aruru" though.  I use the latter, but I see strong reasons for the former.

Hmm, I believe you are right, because it spells Aruruu as Aruruw at www.utawarerumono.net. I also found a flash animation in that webbie that spells the names the same way. Even Hakuoro has it's 'o' hacked down, becoming Hakuor (which sounds kinda cool, IMHO)

And another edit dedicated to the greatness of Aruruu...

I thought I would also throw UtawaRayRomano in there, just for the heck of it. (leeched from Animesuki forums - my sig and this pic. Avatar was googled, lawl)

Edit:
Watched a couple more. Seems like Eruruw and Aruruw aren't liking what Hakuoro is doing. And IMO Benawi is awesome cool. Nuwangi should burn in Dine Bukoshiri. For some reason I don't feel like Hakuoro's voice is fitting his character (or maybe I haven't seen enough of his character) - he doesn't have the cool voice of Benawi.

Hmm, I need to look into the voice and character "matches" a bit more. Well, I shall edit this if I have anything to say. Off to watch a couple more! (As of now I watched 6).

Oh, and I just realized that they are doing all this uprising and rebellion just because the Grandma died? Or is it that the death/murder of the Grandma was a catalyst for all this? Interesting, at the least.

And may I add that the twins are awesome "background characters" XP

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Tsubasa

Quote from: "-zoxan-"For some reason I don't feel like Hakuoro's voice is fitting his character (or maybe I haven't seen enough of his character)
I thought that too.  I didn't imagine it to be quite as gruff.

--Minor spoilerish stuff--
Quote from: "-zoxan-"Oh, and I just realized that they are doing all this uprising and rebellion just because the Grandma died? Or is it that the death/murder of the Grandma was a catalyst for all this? Interesting, at the least.
Catalyst.  They had been enduring the emperor's unfair rule for some time.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

-zoxan-

-------MINOR SPOILER ALERT---------

I watched a couple more. I was LMFAO at the sword scene - where she "duels" the samurai leader but all of the swords break and gets a BIGASS sword as a replacement. Overall, I'm loving this. I want MOAR, XDDD

Okay, onto the 11th episode. I'm kinda sad that all the village people were dead. And now they call Hakuoro a traitor and someone's brother-in-law. This is getting hecka interesting. Oh and the swordswoman who calls Hakuoro "Villain Rak Shine" or something like that - she looks cool. Nice voice too. Kinda manly, but it actually fits the character :O

*Vanishes to watch the 12th ep.*

*reappears*

I watched the 12th one too. Hard winning for Aruruu. And man, Hakuoro is getting scary. Good God, I want more.

P.S.: Do you guys think I'm spamming? :s

Edit:

Spamming or no, Episode 16 was the very first emotional ep, IMO. The story told by Aruruu to Yuzuha made my eyes wet :embarassed-smiley-goes-here: and Kamyu is cute in her own way. And wtf is up with the name of the "master" that the "warrior" wishes to meet. Good God, it's so complicated ^^;

Oh, can I make a request of Eruruu's face when she is stubborn or stern? It's SO awesome, 8D

Oh, and again - after watching episode 22, You know that you should not mess with Hakuoro XD

AH, with just one more episode left, I tend to believe that it's the character in the anime that rule, and not the story. Like, all of the characters are super awesome. That's all.

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

mDuo13

Thread necro, I choose you!

I have started watching this show. It's definitely good stuff. I see what people like about Aruruu but my tastes skew a lot more towards Eruruu. (BTW, I prefer to romanize their names that way because "uw" just feels so incredibly unnatural for both English and Japanese.) I was just watching episode... 7 or 8 this morning? When Hanyu or whatever her name (the black-winged angel) first appears. And she's vaguely cute, I guess, but her hair is so awful and her voice totally does not fit her appearance at ALL. Plus the way she acts is kind of annoyingly immature.

One thing I really like about this show is Hakuoro. He's not your traditional male lead at all. He's not a fiesty, ambitious youth, he's not your aloof mystery-bishounen (he is up-front and honest about his feelings, though he has some mystery to him), he's not your ultra-generic eroge lead, or even your antihero ecchi lead... he's a mature, sociable, tactical man, a born leader with a good heart, and he's probably 25 if not older. That's a character who's both unusual and respectable.

Also, one of my favorite wallpapers for... a couple years I think, now -- has been of Eruruu and Aruruu and I hadn't even realized it. I figured they must be original characters or something.

magz

Quote from: "mDuo13"I was just watching episode... 7 or 8 this morning? When Hanyu or whatever her name (the black-winged angel) first appears. And she's vaguely cute, I guess, but her hair is so awful and her voice totally does not fit her appearance at ALL. Plus the way she acts is kind of annoyingly immature.

I think you mean "Master of Disguise"! She'd make Snake proud.

KawaiiAngel

I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes ON Demand, and I LOVEEEDD it! I hope it turns out to be a nice series...I might become a fanatic XP

mDuo13

It's really good for the first few episodes, but by the end, it feels a little bit tired. Still quite watchable, but the magic doesn't increase over time like with certain series. Aruruu and Eruruu are quite adorable though.