[Discussion] Utawarerumono

Started by Spiritsnare, April 13, 2006, 09:29:54 PM

Spiritsnare

Since it's been a week (and two days) since the first ep got released, I suppose some people have looked into the series. Oh, and since I forgot to make one for Fate (which I'm also horribly behind on XDDD), I suppose I might as well start now with Utawarerumono.

AnimeSuki download page

For those who've played the AVG, please keep spoilers to a minimum.

I thought the first episode was rather slow, but that's to be expected for a 26-episode series. As such, I expect the pacing to remain constant, or at least build up as it passes on.

The animation's fluid, except in certain parts (see: rain at the altar). Voiceacting is pretty awesome, and characters are...well, depends on the character. For example, Eruru's cute, but Nuwangi is a total dick, and I'll have to wait a bit until the protagonist's traits show a bit more.

It's a good start to the series, and I can't wait for episode two (hurry up hurry up hurry up YesY XD). Oh, and as an afterthought, I like the OP enough to rip it to my MP3 player. <3
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Leaf <3.

Utawarerumono is one of my top series this season.  I've never played the game, but I've known about it for a long time and have gannered some information about it over the years.

If no one has made the connection yet, Aruru's my favorite character.  She was even on my Fanime KoF '06 team.  Then I suppose Touka and Eruru.

Yuzuki Ryoka as Eruru is great, but when she talks, I can't shake "Shamal" out of my head. ^^;  Sawashiro Miyuki as Aruru should be awesome.  She's only said two words as of the first episode though. XD;

And the OP is plain yummy.  Suara is growing on me.  I love Leaf singers.  Although I doubt I'll like her more than Nakayama Arisa.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Sunara Ishi

I liked the 1st episode. It has an interesting plot. ^.^ It has quite some intrigue going with the bull-mask man. >.< He's so noble too....
It wasn't too slow for me, it felt right but I haven't played the game so.... yeah. >.> It looks like the series will be great. XD

A major note: Eruru is so ~cute!~ .::squee::. Especially when she's embarassed and the animation for her ears are awesome. X3
I like her name. Its awesome how it just rolls like that. ^.^
Until I see more of the other characters, Eruru will be my fave of the series. :3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

RyuHayabusa

I should watch it, just to see what the hoopla is all about. I have it on my comp, it's that I've been watching older stuff 1st along with Harumi lol XD Looks interesting though.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"I liked the 1st episode. It has an interesting plot. ^.^ It has quite some intrigue going with the bull-mask man. >.< He's so noble too....
It wasn't too slow for me, it felt right but I haven't played the game so.... yeah. >.> It looks like the series will be great. XD

A major note: Eruru is so ~cute!~ .::squee::. Especially when she's embarassed and the animation for her ears are awesome. X3
I like her name. Its awesome how it just rolls like that. ^.^
Until I see more of the other characters, Eruru will be my fave of the series. :3

Yeah, she's my current fave, too. XD Though I'll have to wait until I see Aruru to confirm which of the two sisters I like better. (I mean, if Aruru has her own fandisc, then there's gotta be something going on...)
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Though I'll have to wait until I see Aruru to confirm which of the two sisters I like better. (I mean, if Aruru has her own fandisc, then there's gotta be something going on...)
More than anything else, Aruru was chosen for the fandisc because of her name.  Leaf likes pun-y names for its fandiscs.  Thus Aruru to Asobo! (Lets play with Aruru!) and Inagawa de Ikou! (Lets go with Inagawa!).  And on that note, let me just say that the cover image for Aruru to Asobo! is easily one of my favorite illustrations by my favorite illustrator: Mitsumi Misato.  Here it was on my desktop about a year and a half ago. XD

Just watched episode 2.  Some more Aruru love.  Banzai!
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

Spoilers are ROT13d. For your convenience, spoilers have been linked to the ROT13 decoding page.

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Some more Aruru love.  Banzai!

The whole thing with Neheh'f 'onol' was just plain cute. XDDD I'm growing to like her.

Unxhbeb vf dhvgr gur zna bs jbeqf; ur pbaivaprf jubyr gbjaf gb npprcg uvf cynaf, rira pbafvqrevat ubj enqvpnyyl qvssrerag sebz gur bofreinoyr abez gurl ner. It's quite fascinating.

The pacing is picking up a bit; this episode had some nice action sequences that aren't too drawn out. Voiceacting continues to be stellar. Oh, and drunken Teoro for the win.

Also: In trying to share my like for the series, I described the series to my friend as a nice, mellow candy that melts in your mouth slowly but smoothly. I need more of this candy. XD
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

I think I see what you guys like about aruru. ^.^ But I'll keep Eruru as my fave for now. XP
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

RyuHayabusa

I watched it and it seems like a Japanese Fantasy anime, since they cover were-persons and magical beings and stuff. I'm pretty intrigued, so I will keep watching. Hopefully, it won't suck.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Magical Senpai

Eruru's reaction to her tail being stroked = cutest reaction ever

Spiritsnare

Come to think of, how is a tail-stroke supposed to feel like? Does it tickle, or is it just a norm found to be as offensive as groping someone on the train? The world may never know...
epic progressive

vox

Emerge

i caught the first episode of this series. im not really a big fan of the whole fanasy genre myself, so...*braces for impact*, it pretty much seemed to me as a backwards inuyasha.

who said that?

8-[

(i know that's a pretty shallow review, but...yeah. I'm just speaking from a "pointless comedy lover's" point of view)

Spiritsnare

Heheheh, I'm quite the fan of pointless humor myself. I don't blame you. ^^;

Here's my episode summaries, a line each:

Episode 2: More Aruru love. <3

Episode 3: Picks up a bit, Yuzuha love in the middle, Aruru love at the end, plus more action to boot.

Episode 4: Very, very sad, but speeds up quite a bit; y helo thar, turning point.

Damn Leaf has to make perfect cliffhangers. :(
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

And people come to understand the awesome that is Aruru.  I'm waiting for Touka to get introduced.  Karla would be cool too.
-Tsubasa

~~Loktera~~

^^''

I've downloaded the first and second episodes, but I haven't had muh time to watch them... *Sigh*I am just waiting for this semester to be over so I can sit in my room and watch Anime until my eyes bleed..

I did manage to watch up until the tail stroking part of the first episode, and I really want to cosplay as that guy in the mask...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Spiritsnare

Just wait until episode two, when you see his weapon of choice.

So badass. <3
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

The OP makes me expect awesomeness out of Aruru. She and her kitty in the OP remind me of the Wolf-Riders in ElfQuest. XD
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

Spiritsnare

You know, speaking of Aruru and Mukuru...episode five just got released.

It's the insta-join-Aruru-fanclub episode. That's how great it is. XD
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

Lol. Aruru was so cute... And that cat grows so fast. O.O Awesome episode. XD

I still won't decide between them. Don't try to make me.... I might just choose the cat. XP
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

Cloudzero

So far, I'm liking this series. I like the fact that it doesn't seem to be this one-sided thing about a love triangle or whatever, but about the village and it's people. It's definitely not something that I see everyday, and I like Utawarerumono's uniqueness in that