FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Dealers Room

Cheaper or more expensive?

(1/5) > >>

ILuvHeijiHattori:
Last year I went to Fanime on a monday and found lots of things that are cheaper than usual. xD (I found a plushie for 5 bux)

But somethings were expensive (Ed's watch was 200 bux! =O )

Do you think that the majority of the things in the dealers room are cheaper or more expensive?

the_Pink_Panther24:
generally i think it depends a lot on the seller. Like, i was able to haggle the prices of a couple PLC cd's WAY cheaper than what i saw them for the day before. but the weapons places where pretty stern on prices.

from what i saw, it's the fact that its the last day of the con amd sellers want to lower their prices to sell as much product as possible. their also more open to haggling (or so i noticed, got "prism" for 1/2 price hahahahaha  ) ahem.

however, like i said, some place's prices are fixed. so you just have to ask around.

FanFicGuru:
On the whole, I found this to be true of dealers rooms in general:

What's Cheaper:

Manga
Wall Scrolls
Plushies
Key Chains
Box Sets*
Figures/Toys
*Sometimes

What's More Expensive:

DVDs
Soundtracks
Apparel
Bags (Courier bags and such)

That's a general idea anyways. I shop at Deep Discount DVD, so it's really hard for Fanime to beat their prices (I mean come on, DVDs for 13-17 bucks each? And legit too!? Lawl) but I have found good deals on box sets at Fanime from time to time. I got FMP for like, 55 bucks, and picked up Rahxephon for like 45.

So yeah, don't bet your bottom dollar on my 'list' up there, but that's the general idea.

otakuapprentice:

--- Quote from: "ILuvHeijiHattori" ---Last year I went to Fanime on a monday and found lots of things that are cheaper than usual. xD (I found a plushie for 5 bux)

But somethings were expensive (Ed's watch was 200 bux! =O )

Do you think that the majority of the things in the dealers room are cheaper or more expensive?
--- End quote ---

oh god, i remember that guy was selling the watch for that much money. shoot, i waited until november and got one, with ed's necklace, for 30 bucks at anime destiny. i think it does depend on the dealer, though.

Touya no Miko:
I got a full metal alchemist pocket watch for like, $35

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version